Home

Uniform and Helmet color issues

This is a discussion on Uniform and Helmet color issues within the EA Sports College Football Team Builder forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Team Builder
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-19-2024, 02:37 PM   #1
Pro

noarmsduck's Arena

OVR: 0
Uniform and Helmet color issues

So I put together a few images to illustrate some of the problems I've been experiencing.

First example is here:

These are the home and away jerseys. They have the same jersey style, the same number font, and the same spacing slider setting. Yet the numbers are slightly further apart in the Away example. I can't get the home jersey to get that spacing no matter what I do. One click further to the right and they are further apart than the Away jersey which I don't want. Not sure what's going on here.

---------------------------------

Second issue is helmet color, and I'm guessing anything using the Chrome effect. Notice the top screenshot from Teambuilder website, everything is the color I want it to be. If you look close enough all the helmets are slightly different shades of gold. Bottom screenshot is from in game when selecting uniforms for a play now game with the same team. The helmets all look the same and are way darker shade of gold, as are the numbers. The common thread there is I used chrome on both helmet and numbers so there seems to be a problem with that effect as everything else is similar enough.

If anyone has any suggestions on what I should do for now until this gets fixed (or if it doesn't get fixed) then I would appreciate it. I'm looking for a gold helmet that looks like Notre Dame helmets. I can use a different effect on the jersey numbers and I don't mind, but at least on the site the chrome effect is the only thing that looks anything like the gold I want.

I will also repost part of this in the bugs section.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2024, 02:48 PM   #2
Rookie

BigNasty35's Arena

Re: Uniform and Helmet color issues

Regarding the issue with the Chrome, I did not have chrome jersey numbers, but the chrome helmet looked good on the website, way dark on team select and then looked fine in-game.

No clue what it should be picking up reflections from in the select screen, but it seems to be reflecting the dark colors in the background - unless I'm crazy.

For the number spacing...I don't mean to sound rude in any way, but I think that's just going to be one of those things that can't be perfect. Don't really see any way that they can change it to be much better than what it is now...and if so, I'm sure there's so many other things to take care of first.

I'm pretty happy with the mode thus far...though it definitely needs some screw and bolt tightening.
Old 07-19-2024, 03:21 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 2

Yeah, I'm noticing sometimes when I change one helmet it changes all my helmets - if I switch to matte, for instance, they all go to matte.

It would be nice if when you create your away jersey it gave you the option to copy your home jersey - kind of a pain to redo the whole uniform when you might just be swapping some colours.

Also, anyone else getting pink when they play with their team builder team? My crowd is wearing a lot of pink, and the player accessories are pink for a lot of guys - I think the game thinks my secondary colour is pink. It is not. I remember that happening years and years ago for a bit on launch - funny to see the dame glitch some 15 or so years later. Old code, I guess. Hope it gets fixed soon.
Old 07-19-2024, 03:48 PM   #4
Pro

noarmsduck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNasty35
Regarding the issue with the Chrome, I did not have chrome jersey numbers, but the chrome helmet looked good on the website, way dark on team select and then looked fine in-game.

No clue what it should be picking up reflections from in the select screen, but it seems to be reflecting the dark colors in the background - unless I'm crazy.

For the number spacing...I don't mean to sound rude in any way, but I think that's just going to be one of those things that can't be perfect. Don't really see any way that they can change it to be much better than what it is now...and if so, I'm sure there's so many other things to take care of first.

I'm pretty happy with the mode thus far...though it definitely needs some screw and bolt tightening.
I'll try it out in game and see if it looks better.

On the numbers, I think the home jersey numbers for that team are just glitched. If I create a new team the numbers show up the way I want them like in the away jersey. Unfortunately I'll probably just have to remake it from scratch, but at least it's fixable on my end.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Team Builder »