Home

Getting shredded??

This is a discussion on Getting shredded?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-19-2024, 10:26 AM   #1
Rookie

NinjaGigolo's Arena

OVR: 0
Getting shredded??

Is anyone else really struggling on D. I’m getting lit up over the middle. 9 of 10 drives end in a TD or tbe game deciding to throw me tbe ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2024, 10:50 AM   #2
Let's Go Pens!

LetsGoBucs's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Getting shredded??

Raises hand

I'm playing with default sliders and I just can't seem to get any sustained pressure on the QB and my tackling is pretty poor.
NBA: Denver Nuggets, Orlando Magic
NCAA: Penn State Nittany Lions, Boston College Eagles
Old 07-19-2024, 10:51 AM   #3
Banned

It's a massive problem. I've been running games since this came out. Tweaking heisman sliders all kinds if ways. 3/10 attemps are enjoyable for me. Weather it's unstoppable drives from coastal Carolina at LSU 28 3 in the 1st q. Doing combinations on the adjustments which don't get me started on this MADDEN FEATURE. This games a woman. One day It's beautiful. Next day it's completely unrealistic broken and you wanna smash it into pieces.
Old 07-19-2024, 10:53 AM   #4
Rookie

NinjaGigolo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBucs
Raises hand

I'm playing with default sliders and I just can't seem to get any sustained pressure on the QB and my tackling is pretty poor.
Same. And I’m playing varsity. lol.

I’m admittedly not very good. But come on. Clemson defense vs Virginia offense? I should be getting consistent pressure. Instead I’m getting torched over the middle. No matter the play call.
Old 07-19-2024, 11:12 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaGigolo
Is anyone else really struggling on D. I’m getting lit up over the middle. 9 of 10 drives end in a TD or tbe game deciding to throw me tbe ball.
For those of you having problems on defense are you expecting to shut down offenses every snap or not expect CPU to convert downs?

I can sit in quarters on 90% of downs and just wait for the CPU to screw up. You dont get points for calling the most plays. Stop the inside run then do what you can to limit busted plays
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2024, 11:52 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah, quarters is kind of busted imo. It's the most effective way to get pressure, INTs, and contain the breakaway speed of the CPU.

I like ot use 3-4 Cover 4 with the MLB blitzing the A gap. If I user him I can get usually get at least a sack a game with him. I generally have 3-5 sacks a game and 1-3 ints as a whole for my defenses.
Old 07-19-2024, 12:02 PM   #7
Pro

I was concerned about this months ago when EA touted “wide open gameplay”. One of the many problems is the QBs have pinpoint accuracy

I put passing sliders on 0 and all that did was trigger more animations where the passes are thrown a tad behind the recover but they are still caught.

I’m gonna say it: this game is unplayable until this is resolved and I don’t use that term lightly.
Old 07-19-2024, 12:19 PM   #8
Just started!

Dont complain about difficulty... Keep playing and trying new things and eventually you will adapt and get better. We dont need this game watered down. We all just need to adjust. I'm in the same boat losing to UAB as Arkansas by double digits lol and FCS West or whatever keeping it close, having to restart every time I throw picks out the gate.

But I would rather struggle at first and get better than to hound the devs to make it easy

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »