Home

The Making of a Legend. The Career of Coach Scott CF25

This is a discussion on The Making of a Legend. The Career of Coach Scott CF25 within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-18-2024, 10:57 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
The Making of a Legend. The Career of Coach Scott CF25

I am back... With the return of college football to the current system (XBOX X), I am making my return to the forums.. I started posting threads back in 2007 starting with College Basketball (2k), them moved onto College Football, Madden, some MLB the Show and even some NBA action. But it's time to come back and share my love of College Football. I started playing back in 2002 on PS2, trading memory cards back and forth with friends as we played dynasty's over the years. As the year's progressed, we started editing every roster to add in real life names at every school even before I knew about the OS community.

My plan is to start the career of Coach Scott as a OC and at some point in his career take him to a school where he can build his resume to the point of becoming a coach legend in his own right.

I plan on only playing Offense as the OC, but once I take on a head coaching job I will then start playing both sides of the ball.

System XBOX One X
Settings- Default Heisman with 8 min Quarters, until sliders are released from the OS community.

Recruiting Restritctions- It's a new game, so I am unsure what type of inhouse restrictions I will have. I don't want to win every game and I don't want a roster full of 5* Recruits in my first couple seasons. I want to build a program up and make it a challenge.

For now my rules are as follows- I can recruit 5* only if they are in my pipeline states and only if I am in their Top-10 at the beginning of the year. In the off-season I can add a 5* Recruit only if there is a player at a need spot to fill in my roster that doesn't have a scholarship offer or if a current start leaves early for the NFL or joins the transfer portal.

4*-I can recruit any 4* that has me in their Top-10 regardless of Pipeline States. I must stay in their Top-5, if I fall out of the Top-5 I must remove the player even if I am not locked out.

3*-I can recruiting any 3* regardless of location, but any 3* that has me in their Top-3 to start the season and is in my pipeline states, must be given a scholarship if they are a need position.

*Scholarships- Because of the transfer portal, I will allow myself to recruit up to the # of Seniors leaving plus 5 during the in-season recruiting stages. Any players leaving early for the NFL or any player who transfers then those scholarships will be available in the off-season.

Transfer Portal suggestions- I will allow myself 5 transfer portal suggestions each year, this will allow my to cut down my roster of players who are either busts or just don't fit my play style.

Other rules and settings will be adjusted over the course of the Dynasty.

Last edited by Deuce2223; 07-18-2024 at 11:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2024, 10:58 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Re: The Making of a Legend. The Career of Coach Scott CF25

YEARLY RECAPS

(BSU OC) Finished #13 with a 12-3 Record

Offense was #1 in the nation with 6189 yds (4562 yds Passing) ranked #2, 1542 yds Rushing with 69 TD's (50 Passing #1) and (19 Rushing) averaging 36.7 PPG (#2, UCF was #1 at 40.5 PPG) and recorded 249 1st Downs (#1, Clemson/UCF was #2 with 237)

"Lost to Oregon and Utah State in Regular Season, Beat Fresno State in MWC Championship

Beat FSU in Round 1 as the #12 seed (31-28), Lost to K-State in Round 2 (35-27)

Had 5 games end in Overtime (3 wins, 2 loss's)

QB M. Nelson brook school record for Yards (4537) and TD (50) in a season, WR L. Caples broke school record for TD in a season (18)

Landed the #24 Class in the Nation with (6-4* and 17-3* Recruits)

(BSU OC) Finished #5 with a 12-3 Record

Offense was #2 in the nation with 6357 yds (4538 yds Passing) ranked #2, (1651 yds rushing) ranked #8, 67 TD's (43 Passing, #7) and 24 rushing, tied for #4) 36.1 PPG, #4) and recorded 260 1st Downs (#1, K-State had 242)

Lost to #14 ranked Notre Dame and #18 ranked Washington, Beat USC, BYU, Oregon, and Utah well all ranked.

Beat Stanford to win the Pac-12 Championship

Went into playoffs as #1 seed, beat K-State in Round 2 (45-28) Lost to Clemson (35-28)

Lost Nelson in Week 10, Lost Jeanty in Week 12,

Recruited the #38 Overall Class, #4 in the Pac-12 signed 15 players (1-5*, 5-4* and 9-3*)

Went 16-0 winning the National Championship, beating Cal in the 2nd Round, Oregon in the Semi Finals and Michigan for the chip..

Had 4 players drafted in the NFL including 2 0-Lineman in the 2nd Round.

DE Jayden-Virgin Morgan was the Lombardi Winner and D-Lineman of the Year.

OG Kage Casey was Interior O-Lineman of the Year

Boise State's DC won the Broyles Award. Coach D finished 2nd for COY.

Recruiting Class came in Ranked #20..

2027 SEASON RECAP

(BSU OC) Led BSU to it's 2nd straight National Championship with a 14-2 Record. Was the #3 seed beat #11 TAMU in the 2nd Round, #6 Michigan in the Semi Finals and #5 Georgia to win the Championship.

QB Malachi Nelson was a 1st Round Pick (Probably #1 Overall) leaving BSU as it's All-time Passing leader in Yards, Touchdowns, TD's in a Game.

Got Hired as the new Head Coach at Texas Tech.

BSU finished with the #9 Recruiting Class in the Nation, well Texas Tech finished #20

2028 RECAP

Lost to TCU and Texas in the Regular Season finishing 11-2 but made the playoffs as the #9 Seed. Beat Boise State in the 1st Round, Beat Notre Dame in the 2nd Round, Beat Texas in the Semi Finals and Beat Michigan to win the National Championship.

Freshman QB GNK led the nation in passing yards and TD's. Had 6 players Drafted including CB I. Collins in the 1st Round.

Finished with the #5 Overall Recruiting Class.

2029 RECAP

Last edited by Deuce2223; 09-08-2024 at 11:33 AM.
Old 07-18-2024, 11:01 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

BOISE STATE HIRES NEW OC!!

With the sudden departure of OC Bush Hamdan to Kentucky, Boise Head Coach Spencer Danielson was left looking for a new OC just weeks before Spring ball was about to start. His first phone call was to former Boise State HC and OC Dirk Koetter who filled in during the 2022 season, but Koetter decided this time he really was retired..

Coach D knew he wanted to stay in the BSU family tree and bring back the glory years.. Former players Matt Miller and Nate Potter interviewed as well, but in the end Coach D went with the man he believes is ready to help guide the Broncos to a playoff spot and rebuild the program back into the powerhouse they had become..

BSU Fans and OS Forum followers welcome.. Coach Ryne Scott. Your new BSU OC for the 2024 season.

https://youtu.be/fYsS79WBIA8?si=jEmXhCO6Kj-CMPA_

Last edited by Deuce2223; 07-18-2024 at 11:12 PM.
Old 07-19-2024, 12:17 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

QB

Former starter Taylen Green announced his transfer to Arkansas after last years MWC Championship. Former Recruit CJ Tiller made his first start in the LA Bowl but has since left for Utah State. Opening the Door for a new starter in 2024.

Former 5* Recruit and USC Transfer RS FR Malachi Nelson (82 OVR) appears to be the front runner to try and follow in the footsteps of former Bronco legends. Will he be the next Kellen Moore or will the shoes just be to big to fill?

RS SO Maddux Madsen (77 OVR) looked good in his brief action throwing for over 1000 yds and 9 TD's before being lost to a season ending injury. Still not 100%, it looks like Nelson will start the year with Madsen waiting in the wings.

RS JR Colt Fulton (70 OVR). The former walkon almost was the starter in the LA Bowl game, now it appears his future could be a 3rd string QB unless he hits the portal.

(R) FR Kaleb Annett (67 OVR). The 3* Recruit out of Del Mar High School threw for over 4000 yds and 46 TD's in his career, including 2700 yds and 30 TD"s as a senior. He will redshirt this season but with the transfer portal in play many expect he potentially be the #2 QB next year and a future starter depending on what happens with Nelson and Madsen.

RUNNING BACK

JR Aston Jeanty (91 OVR) rushed 220 times last season for 1347 yds and 14 TD's despite sharing the backfield with SR George Holani (134 carries 748 yds 7 TD's). Jeanty was also a force in the receiving department hauling in 43 receptions for 569 yds and a team high 5 TD's.

Coach Scott "Jeanty is a beast and is following in the footsteps of past Bronco RB legends who went on to have careers in the NFL. It's our plan to utilize Aston to the full extent this season in hopes of helping him become a Heisman Hopefull"

SO Jambres Dubar (80 OVR) recorded 62 carries for 335 yds and 2 TD's as a Freshman last season. He will also see action in the backfield with Jeanty at times as the FB

JR Kaden Dudley (75) saw limited action last year with 8 carries and could potentially redshirt allowing him to compete with Dunbar for more carries in 2025 should Jeanty leave.

FR Sire Gaines (67) former 3* who had scholarships from ASU, Arizona, Washington, Washington State, Oregon State and San Diego State out of high school. Could very well be the next BSU legend at RB.

WIDE RECIEVER

Former #1 WR Eric McAllister (47 rec 837 yds 5 TD's) has transfered to TCU, opening the door for a new #1 to emerge..

6'5 SO Price Strachan (78 Ovr) recorded 12 rec for 274 yds and 2 TD's last year.

6'3 SR Austin Bolt (78 Ovr) had 8 catches for 175 yds, showing big play potential (29.2 yds per catch) with 2 TD's.

6'0 SR Latrell Caples (78 Ovr) missed all of the 2023 season but led the Broncos in receiving in 2022 with 51 rec 534 yds and 4 TD's.

6'3 SR Cam Camper (78 Ovr) transfered in from Indiana where he has shown past success 63 rec 854 yds and 3 TD's but he has battled injuries the past 2 years.

6'0 RS JR Chase Penry (71 Ovr) recorded 5 rec for 48 yds last season. He will see action on Special teams and could be next year's #2 with the current depth chart having 3 Seniors ahead of him.

**Not sure why former 5* Recruit and Texas A&M transfer Chris Marshall is not on the roster. Maybe he didn't agree to be in the game, but oh well**

TIGHT END

RS JR Matt Lauter (83 Ovr)- Lauter showed big play potential last year with 9 rec for 157 yds (17.4 avg) with 3 TD's. Look for him to see some action also as the team's #5 WR this year.

RS SO Austin Terry (72 Ovr)-

OFFENSIVE LINE

LT- RS SO Kage Casey (83 Ovr)
LG- RS SR Ben Dooley (80 Ovr)
C- RS JR Mason Randolph (78 Ovr)
RG- RS SO Roger Carreon (75 Ovr)
RT- RS JR Daylon Metoyer (75 Ovr)

Reserves RS FR K. Cox-67 Ovr, RS FR Jason Steele-68 Ovr, RS SO Jake Steele 74 Ovr, RS SO Hall Schmitt-69 Ovr,

**I might add in the Defense Team Preview later, but at this point because I am not playing Defense, I thought I would focus on the Offense**

Coach Scott
Quote:
I am excited to be back at Boise State and for the opportunity Coach D is giving me. The past 3 years have been tough on my heart as a fan and as a coach who knows this team is capable of so much more. We have a great group of guy's and I beleve this team can get back to being one of the highest scoring units in college football and we are going to have fun doing it. I plan on running my own custom playbook but it will have some BSU staples with lots of motion before the snap, some trick plays here and there and it's my goal to see some records fall well I am here at Boise State.

Last edited by Deuce2223; 07-27-2024 at 02:52 AM.
Old 07-19-2024, 12:27 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

BSU 2024 TEAM SCHEDULE

**My plan is to keep the schedule as close to real life as possible., I did replace my Week 4 matchup with Portland State with TCU. TCU and BSU have a pretty big history with each other over the years battling it out with BSU beating TCU in the Fiesta Bowl in 2009 and TCU beating BSU on the Blue Turf in 2011.

With last year's #1 WR Eric McAlister leaving for TCU (he is #2 on their depth chart as a 86 Ovr) , I figured they were a good team to put in the mix. Also former BSU HC and DC Andy Avalos is the Horn Frogs new DC

Week 1-@ Georgia Southern
Week 2-@ #4 Oregon
Week 3-Open
Week 4-vs TCU
Week 5-vs Washington State
Week 6-vs Utah State
Week 7-@ Hawaii
Week 8-Open
Week 9-@ UNLV
Week 10-vs San Diego State
Week 11-vs Nevada
Week 12 @ San Jose State
Week 13 @ Wyoming
Week 14 vs Oregon State.

The goal given to my OC when he signed the contract was 7 wins. I feel like this is very possible. BSU is a 81 Overall, 81 Offense and 82 Defense.

Fresno State is a 81/81/81 and I expect that is who we will most likely see in the MWC should both teams play to their potential.

The Oregon game I expect to be a loss. On the road against a Top-5 opponent, and I expect I will most likely split with the WSU/OSU games and most likely get upset by 1 MWC team but that still leaves me in the hunt for a 10 win season and depending on the quality of wins, especially if I can beat TCU and hopefully OSU in Week 14 at home that could set me up for a chance at a playoff spot even with 2 or 3 loss's depending on how the rest of the nation does. With all the changes with the Big 12, Big Ten , ACC, and SEC getting so much harder, I will be shocked to see teams go undefeated or even have just 1 loss.

Last edited by Deuce2223; 07-20-2024 at 01:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2024, 12:52 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

With the mass exodus of teams from the Pac-12 leaving just Oregon State and Washington left, what happens to the once Power-5 Conference.

Reports are the Pac-12 is in talks with hopes of securing at least 8 more teams to join OSU and WSU next year in 2025 to keep the conference alive.

MWC teams like Boise State, San Diego State, Colorado State and Fresno State are top choices to join OSU and WSU in a West Coast Division.

Reports are the Pac-12 will look at teams from the American Conference and CUSA who finish among the top as well as teams finishing in the bottom of the new Big 12/16, Big Ten/18, ACC/17 as targets as well. Texas schools TCU, Houston, SMU and Rice are at the top of their wish list as they look to build a Texas Division opening up the recruiting pipelines to the great state of Texas.

I do expect to move BSU to the Pac-12, however I am not sure how quickly I plan on doing it. It all depends on how teams perform in Year 1. Ideally I would love to see them back to 12 teams but I also don't want to destory the MWC.

Last edited by Deuce2223; 07-20-2024 at 01:18 PM.
Old 07-19-2024, 01:10 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

BRONCOS WIN SEASON OPENER!!!

GAME RECAP

It was a slow start to the Coach D/Coach Scott Era of Boise State Football as BSU trailed Georgia Southern 3-0 at the end of the 1st Quarter.

BSU's Malachi Nelson got off to a rocky start throwing a INT in his opening series.

The Broncos however would rally to take the lead with 1:12 to play in the 1st half (13-10) but the Eagles would manage to tie the game (13-13) as the teams head to the locker room.

Nelson would settle down in the 2nd half throwing 3 TD's including a pair to SO Prince Strachan as BSU takes a commanding (34-13) lead heading into the 4th Quarter.

Coach Scott "
Quote:
The 1st half was rough for myself and Malachi but we found our footing and came up with a game plan for the 2nd half and we executed to perfection."
Boise State would go to the ground game in the 4th with Aston Jeanty picking up his 2nd TD on the day. Jeanty would finish the day 1 yd shy of 200 yds as he carries the ball 25 times for 199 yds (8.0 avg) including a long of 37. Jeanty also added 2 rec for 71 yds (lead the team)

Backup RB Jambres Dunbar added 7 carries for 20 yds and a late TD in the 4th.

Backup QB Maddux Madsen played the final series and completed 1/3 attempts for 25 yds.

FINAL SCORE BSU-48 GSU-23

KEY STATS

Nelson finished 19/33 (57%) for 286 yds with 3 TD and 1 INT
Jeanty was POY with his 199 yds 2 TD and 2 rec 71 yds
P. Sanchan led the WR core with 5 rec 67 yds 2 TD
A. Bolt had 4 rec for 57 yds
L. Caples had 5 rec 54 yds 1 TD
M. Lauter had 3 rec 48 yds (16.0 avg)

Last edited by Deuce2223; 07-20-2024 at 01:19 PM.
Old 07-19-2024, 01:25 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

A EARLY LOOK AT RECRUITING

Coach D and Coach Scott enter the 2024 Recruiting Season with 20 graduating Seniors (5 on Offense, 15 on Defense).

Of the 5 spots on Offense, 3 of those are in the WR room, where 3 of the Top-4 WR's will be gone at the end of the season making it a huge target of interest. The other 2 graduating Seniors are on the Offensive Line,

Coach Scott
Quote:
"We will look to probably target 7-10 guy's early with the hopes of offering at least 4-5 scholarships. We have some young guy's (FR) on the roster like T. Liggins (64 Ovr), Cameron Bates (62 Ovr) and D. Yeats-Jackson (59 Ovr) but obviously our goal is to find guy's this year who won't need to redshirt and could potentially see the field as our #2/#3/#4 WR's next season"
On Defense, Coach Danielson has 7 Seniors on the D-Line (4 DE's and 3 DT) as well as 8 players from the Secondary (3 CB's, 2 FS's and 2 SS's)

The Broncos will also need to replace SR J Dalmas (85 Ovr) as the teams Field Goal Kicker but they do have SO J Resser (63 Ovr) already on the roster.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »