Home

Would you have Preferred a Completely Fictional Rosters or the Real Rosters?

This is a discussion on Would you have Preferred a Completely Fictional Rosters or the Real Rosters? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-16-2024, 03:55 AM   #1
Rookie

RaysTheCups's Arena

OVR: 0
Would you have Preferred a Completely Fictional Rosters or the Real Rosters?

Both obviously have a lot of pros and cons. It's tough to say for me. Because it some ways I want complete customization and in some ways, I love having almost all of the real players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2024, 04:00 AM   #2
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Would you have Preferred a Completely Fictional Rosters or the Real Rosters?

Completely real because without them, there is no game. Period.
Old 07-16-2024, 04:02 AM   #3
Rookie

RaysTheCups's Arena

Re: Would you have Preferred a Completely Fictional Rosters or the Real Rosters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
Completely real because without them, there is no game. Period.
I tend to agree. The benefits far outweigh the negatives. I understand why some prefer fictional, but I agree with you.
Old 07-16-2024, 04:03 AM   #4
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

Yes I love the real roster. Cut down on time on roster creators having to rename everyone

https://www.youtube.com/@mr_too_soon

https://www.twitch.com/mrtoosoon
Old 07-16-2024, 04:36 AM   #5
MVP

brent3419's Arena

OVR: 6

Im fine with the real roster

Sent from my SM-A037U using Tapatalk
MLB: Boston Red Sox, Atlanta Braves
MLS: Seattle Sounders
NCAAFB: Miami (FL), Mississippi State, Arkansas
International Soccer: AC Milan, PSG, US National Soccer, German National Soccer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2024, 07:57 AM   #6
Pro

zukes's Arena

OVR: 7

The roster is fully fictional within 5 years anyway, unless there are medical redshirts. Real rosters for sure!
Old 07-16-2024, 09:28 AM   #7
Pro

Dagan's Arena

At this point, fictional. I feel like the game's potential is gridlocked because they catered to these NIL kids instead of fans / consumers more so. Give me wide open rosters to edit, and limit me to 25 or so of the most generic head styles possible. I don't care if a player model looks exactly like the real kid with their helmet off and posing on the sidelines, etc. I care about the product on the field more than anything, and that requires none of how a kid 100% looks off the field.

For everyone of you (or even if it's EA Sports themselves) that might respond with trying to label me or anyone with my perspective as just some entitled person. That's BS. It's also incredibly contradictory to turn around and defend the choice to enable a few thousand kids thinking they've achieved and derserve celebrity status enough to such fearful, catered to degrees. EA paid out NIL money to even have this hassle and gridlock and still very much expects us to pay into their company exponentially more. And then if they / those of you just expect everyone to deal with it and suck it up? That sounds pretty entitled, too. So, at the very least, we have a double-edged sword of perspectives. My stance, at this point in time (because they can remedy everything if they want to) has to stay that the game has incredibly muted potential, and it's directly because of NIL.

I would honestly like the option to choose between a roster full of NIL and such that I can't edit, or allow me a fully generic roster that I can edit to the fullest (just limit the face / head options). Maybe that's the perfect compromise.
Old 07-16-2024, 09:29 AM   #8
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

I would have 0 interest in a fictional roster.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »