Home

Team Builder question being answered on Monday

This is a discussion on Team Builder question being answered on Monday within the EA Sports College Football Team Builder forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Team Builder
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-14-2024, 12:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Team Builder question being answered on Monday

According to Matt Brown (who if you don't know has been the top insider on EA Sports College Football 25) was asked today where teambuilder information is and he responded "believe we'll get the answer to that tomorrow."

So either Teambuilder site is going live tomorrow, or EA is finally going to shed more information on when it will.

Though that answer leads me to believe it will be the former.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2024, 12:16 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Team Builder question being answered on Monday

Also a reminder that 11am EST has traditionally been when EA drops new info on their Twitter account
Old 07-14-2024, 12:38 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

This is the last bit of information that I care about. So, I'm definitely tuning in. I just hope it isn't delayed
Old 07-14-2024, 01:48 PM   #4
MVP

Dawgfan1's Arena

OVR: 2

At the least, probably the Teambuilder deep dive. They said the last one would be for Teambuilder at the end of the RTG deep dive, and haven't deleted that text since.
MLB: Atlanta Braves
Soccer: Southampton and Atlanta United
Old 07-14-2024, 01:59 PM   #5
Pro

noarmsduck's Arena

OVR: 0

If they are doing a Teambuilder deep dive or even just a light Q&A article or something and it's the day before CFB releases, that likely means it's coming with CFB and not waiting until Madden. If I had to guess, Teambuilder itself probably goes live either the 16th or the 19th depending on if they want to wait until the actual release or not. And by 16th I guess that would mean 4 pm eastern time on the 15th lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2024, 02:09 PM   #6
Rookie

What we know for sure:

You can import up to 16 teams into an ONLINE Dynasty. (Though the Dynasty deep dive clearly said ONLINE, some have disputed if TB is limited to online only, claiming it was just poor writing.)

You can import your own logos. (Does this mean "my" logos as in copyrighted logos I downloaded online and thus import or is it limited to my creations or AI-generated stuff?)

I've heard it said that "you can pick your rosters" (Eric Rayweather). (Do we pick from a pre-set of EA-generated guys or can we actually customize the rosters to the extent we could in NCAA 14?)

And that's about it for the major stuff. Here's what I want to know:

How will we determine rivals?

Can we edit the coaches in Teambuilder itself?

What traditions will the TB team have? Do we pick these? Will the TB team adopt the traditions from the school they replace? Will all TB teams have generic traditions, maybe the same ones?

Can we edit our rosters, and to what extent?
Old 07-14-2024, 02:40 PM   #7
Pro

noarmsduck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanrocks83
What we know for sure:

You can import up to 16 teams into an ONLINE Dynasty. (Though the Dynasty deep dive clearly said ONLINE, some have disputed if TB is limited to online only, claiming it was just poor writing.)

You can import your own logos. (Does this mean "my" logos as in copyrighted logos I downloaded online and thus import or is it limited to my creations or AI-generated stuff?)

I've heard it said that "you can pick your rosters" (Eric Rayweather). (Do we pick from a pre-set of EA-generated guys or can we actually customize the rosters to the extent we could in NCAA 14?)

And that's about it for the major stuff. Here's what I want to know:

How will we determine rivals?

Can we edit the coaches in Teambuilder itself?

What traditions will the TB team have? Do we pick these? Will the TB team adopt the traditions from the school they replace? Will all TB teams have generic traditions, maybe the same ones?

Can we edit our rosters, and to what extent?
Great summary of all the questions I have about it as well. I know before they said Teambuilder will be somewhat simplistic, so I'm not sure we will be able to pick traditions and rivals. I would definitely at least like to be able to pick rivals.

The logo thing is a good question. I plan on straight up remaking Western Kentucky so I can give them a bigger/better stadium. But if we can't use copyrighted images I wouldn't be able to do that. For my main Teambuilder school it wouldn't really matter. The logo is going to be a goose, so I have logos I've just downloaded off google images and I also have logos I've generated with AI and then made edits to myself. The biggest bummer would be if logos were limited to a generic set of pre made logos from EA, and somewhat less of a bummer if we had to use some sort of creation suite built into the Teambuilder site to create them.

I don't think any of that should be an issue; lots of sports games allow you to upload whatever images you want. There are tons of copyrighted images that are in logos and advertisements in custom NBA 2k teams, and the same thing for wrestlers and custom arenas in WWE 2k with many of them being from a rival company (AEW, TNA). The only parallel I know of with custom logos in an EA game though is NHL, and in that game it's just a set of pre made logos you have to choose from. On the other hand old Teambuilder let us use any image, and while there's a reason this game hasn't been around for 10 years, I doubt Teambuilder logos had anything to do with that. But we shall see for sure on Monday.
Old 07-14-2024, 04:14 PM   #8
All Star

Questions answered - is that the same as a reveal? Do we get teambuilder this week?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Team Builder »