Home

Instant Commits?

This is a discussion on Instant Commits? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-08-2024, 11:52 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Instant Commits?

Does anyone know if instant commits are in? This would obviously be a verbal where you have to retain them to NSD, but I hope especially for big schools it’s still a thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2024, 01:15 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Instant Commits?

I'm wondering this too. It was in NCAA 14. Hopefully they didn't take this out.

Would also be great if there were instant commit soft verbals and instant commit hard verbals
Old 07-08-2024, 02:08 PM   #3
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by sin44
I'm wondering this too. It was in NCAA 14. Hopefully they didn't take this out.

Would also be great if there were instant commit soft verbals and instant commit hard verbals
I know people are going to be frustrated to hear this, but nothing was "taken out" of EA Sports College Football 25. It's the first game in a new series. Nothing from NCAA Football 14 was brought over because it wasn't possible.

If something from NCAA Football 14 is missing, that's because it did not exist in a form which could be used on the new consoles, and EA Sports did not build out a new version.
Old 07-08-2024, 03:00 PM   #4
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I know people are going to be frustrated to hear this, but nothing was "taken out" of EA Sports College Football 25. It's the first game in a new series. Nothing from NCAA Football 14 was brought over because it wasn't possible.

If something from NCAA Football 14 is missing, that's because it did not exist in a form which could be used on the new consoles, and EA Sports did not build out a new version.
A lot from 14 is in this game. It's a major upgrade but I see some of 14 in this game. Recruiting board is 35 players. Player motivations are similar. Player attributes are the same. Much has been added but there is 14 in this game.
Old 07-08-2024, 03:06 PM   #5
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
A lot from 14 is in this game. It's a major upgrade but I see some of 14 in this game. Recruiting board is 35 players. Player motivations are similar. Player attributes are the same. Much has been added but there is 14 in this game.
At a design level, you are most certainly correct.

However, I'm talking about the game at a code level. I assume nearly all of the eleven-year-old old code base which powered NCAA Football 14 on consoles which originally released in the mid-2000s was entirely unusable for this new game.

For example, the PS3's CPU didn't even run x86, it was its own custom architecture. Sony didn't adopt x86 for the computing cores of their consoles until the PS4 was released. That's a significant difference in hardware with major engineering implications.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2024, 03:30 PM   #6
Rookie

I would personally pull the "wait and see" approach here. I'm not so sure every feature is included; after all, they don't have to KEEP all features in CFB 25. And let's hope they don't keep Instant Commits if it works the way it did in NCAA 14. Not so much because it's not realistic from a real-life standpoint, but more because a low level coach had no chance at getting an Instant Commit, while half or more of the CPU could right way. I even seen the CPU do it if I lowered Levels to even at like 10 for all HC's.

While I'm at it, the worst feature that needs to be gone is Locksmith. That better be gone. I can say how many 100's of players I lost over 9~ years of playing '14 that made no sense. You are 1500 points up as Blue Blood program, only for a Ball State to use a Locksmith, gain most the points, have an Official Visit scheduled, then goes to Ball State. Then you double check the players top 3 interests and he had Program Prestige, Most; Championship Contender, Very High; and Pro Potential, High. Ball State would be a C or lower in all...lol Get that thing gone because it sucked.
Old 07-08-2024, 05:59 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 1

Instant Commit was more a decision than a feature. I’m actually fine with it not being in because I’m not sure how realistic it is anymore. I think most players want to wait and see what other schools have to say now before signing somewhere. It felt gamey at the time and would worse now.

And agreed on lock pick. If it’s in the game it’s an absolute must have, and absolute must have perks are inherently bad if you want people to do varied play styles.
Old 07-08-2024, 06:05 PM   #8
Rookie

nickfa83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Instant Commit was more a decision than a feature. I’m actually fine with it not being in because I’m not sure how realistic it is anymore. I think most players want to wait and see what other schools have to say now before signing somewhere. It felt gamey at the time and would worse now.

And agreed on lock pick. If it’s in the game it’s an absolute must have, and absolute must have perks are inherently bad if you want people to do varied play styles.
I really hope instant commitment is still in the recruiting process. It will be a bit different now that it's going to be a verbal and you'll still have to maintain above the players deal-breaker in order to get that LOI. It is still very much realistic in todays recruiting. Take a look at the 2025-2026 recruiting rankings. You have a handful of players with a verbal commitment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »