Home

Game too easy?

This is a discussion on Game too easy? within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-28-2024, 09:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Game too easy?

I have played the show since its inception and am an old dude and very average player. However I have bumped up to Legend/Legend and pitcher control at 3 and continue to shut out out teams regularly. Plus I sucked hitting at HOF and now am doing fairly well. The pitching part is ruining it for me. Use meter and don’t want to change that as pinpoint is not about realism and classic is no real user impact. Any ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2024, 12:50 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Game too easy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjhurla
I have played the show since its inception and am an old dude and very average player. However I have bumped up to Legend/Legend and pitcher control at 3 and continue to shut out out teams regularly. Plus I sucked hitting at HOF and now am doing fairly well. The pitching part is ruining it for me. Use meter and don’t want to change that as pinpoint is not about realism and classic is no real user impact. Any ideas?

I’m in the same boat my friend.. the cpu can’t hit if you can decently pitch.. not sure what to do
Old 06-29-2024, 09:24 AM   #3
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Only way to get CPU offense to put up some numbers is with classic pitching and sliders that work for you.

I'm not a fan of classic pitching, just looks awful 90% of the time.

So what I end up doing is quick simming innings I'm pitching. When I do pitch in games I only pitch every other inning and quick sim in between and I use Dynamic Difficulty that's set on Legend +. Ive had the CPU blow me up at times and I use analog pitching, but more times than not they still don't put up much of a threat at the plate.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 06-29-2024, 10:32 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Only way to get CPU offense to put up some numbers is with classic pitching and sliders that work for you.

I'm not a fan of classic pitching, just looks awful 90% of the time.

So what I end up doing is quick simming innings I'm pitching. When I do pitch in games I only pitch every other inning and quick sim in between and I use Dynamic Difficulty that's set on Legend +. Ive had the CPU blow me up at times and I use analog pitching, but more times than not they still don't put up much of a threat at the plate.

I just don’t understand why Sony just won’t make them tougher on legend.. leave them as they are in all other difficulties if you have to, but legend should be really challenging. I don’t believe offline is a real focus for them however as human v human is priority
Old 06-29-2024, 10:33 AM   #5
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

I use classic pitching, HOF pitching and if you just bump up the CPU contact and power, and touch nothing else, you should see a big difference. I once had CPU contact and power up to 9 and they were destroying me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2024, 10:43 AM   #6
Persona Non Grata

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjhurla
How have you fared with control and consistency set to one, and CPU contact, power, timing and solid hitting set to 9?
#44Syracuse
Old 06-29-2024, 11:38 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
How have you fared with control and consistency set to one, and CPU contact, power, timing and solid hitting set to 9?

It’s surprisingly not what you would expect with all of
Those at 10. You can still compete with them and they aren’t as scary as they should be with insane maxed sliders on legend. It also sucks cause every hit is then a line drive so you kill the cpu hit variety. Not the ideal solution IMO, they really should just make them more challenging on legend without massive slider tweaks
Old 06-30-2024, 09:55 AM   #8
Pro

IndianSummer's Arena

I started playing in 2006 and have been a HOF player through 20. After 20 the game really changed and CPU has no punch I went to Legend and this year I have CPU contact at 7, power 6, timing 10, solid hits 6. I just played against the Dodgers and allowed 3 runs.
When I go back and play 20, I get my butt handed to me on Legend.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »