Home

Do yourself a favor: Purchase a quality headset for CFB 25

This is a discussion on Do yourself a favor: Purchase a quality headset for CFB 25 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-23-2024, 06:45 PM   #1
Rookie

Cam Fan's Arena

OVR: 0
Do yourself a favor: Purchase a quality headset for CFB 25

I recently purchased the official PlayStation PULSE 3D Wireless Headset to enhance my gaming (particularly sports gaming) experience. It was a very good investment, as the sounds of each sports game was like being in the arena myself. Of particular note, there a few games that really became more fun:
1. Top Spin: The bouncing and striking of the tennis ball is incredible
2. MLB the Show: The crack of the bat was incredible
3. NBA 2k: The arena background music and crowd was like spending time at the old Charlotte Hornets games
4. Madden - The big plays just felt more rewarding.

Now imagine CFB 25: The fight songs/bands, chants, big rivalry game moments...I expect the experience to be captivating. If you have the extra cash, it's worth the investment. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy the game nonetheless....3 weeks away!!!

Last edited by Cam Fan; 06-23-2024 at 07:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2024, 07:00 PM   #2
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Do yourself a favor: Purchase a quality headset for CFB 25

I'll ride with my Astro A40's. Been nothing but a quality experience with them.
Old 06-23-2024, 08:27 PM   #3
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Fan
I recently purchased the official PlayStation PULSE 3D Wireless Headset to enhance my gaming (particularly sports gaming) experience. It was a very good investment, as the sounds of each sports game was like being in the arena myself. Of particular note, there a few games that really became more fun:
1. Top Spin: The bouncing and striking of the tennis ball is incredible
2. MLB the Show: The crack of the bat was incredible
3. NBA 2k: The arena background music and crowd was like spending time at the old Charlotte Hornets games
4. Madden - The big plays just felt more rewarding.

Now imagine CFB 25: The fight songs/bands, chants, big rivalry game moments...I expect the experience to be captivating. If you have the extra cash, it's worth the investment. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy the game nonetheless....3 weeks away!!!

Nothing like hearing the crowd heckle you when you are up at bat. Headsets def add an element of immersion to gaming.
Old 06-23-2024, 08:47 PM   #4
Pro

Jeffruel's Arena

I recently purchased a Razer Kaira Pro and I couldn’t be more pumped. It’s game changing. It’s got haptics (I think that’s the name) so it vibrates when appropriate too. I can’t wait to be on the road at a top 5 venue and have that thing shaking.

Last edited by Jeffruel; 06-23-2024 at 09:31 PM.
Old 06-23-2024, 08:59 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

A great headset can change how about any game feels in a significant way, imo. The aforementioned headsets are all good. A couple of my buddies use the A40's and love them. I use the Sennheiser PC38x and can't say enough nice things about it. Best headset I have ever had hands down.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2024, 10:26 PM   #6
Rookie

What's y'all preset setting set on with the Sony Plus 3d set?

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2024, 01:41 AM   #7
Rookie

noarmsduck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffruel
I recently purchased a Razer Kaira Pro and I couldn’t be more pumped. It’s game changing. It’s got haptics (I think that’s the name) so it vibrates when appropriate too. I can’t wait to be on the road at a top 5 venue and have that thing shaking.
I had one of those. The sound quality was great but the mic quality was bad, all my friends in my party always said I sounded really quiet.

I'm currently in the market for a new headset. The 2 I own both have problems:

HyperX CloudX Flight - I'm on the 4th pair of these; I only paid for one pair but I've gotten multiple replacements at this point from both Amazon and the manufacturer. Randomly my friends will say my voice will turn robotic so I have to power cycle the headset. When it comes back, sometimes the mic monitoring will not be working so I have to power cycle again. And sometimes the mic monitoring just doesn't work when I turn them on for the first time that day. All 4 of those have had either one or both of those issues. Great mic quality and sound quality, and probably the most comfortable headset I've owned, but would not recommend if you're using them for talking to people.

Steelseries Arctis 7x Nova - This is my current main. Best sound quality and mic quality of any headset I've ever owned. Mic monitoring is great. Also has an app to customize the sound profile for them and they work on PC as well. The problem with these is my ears get sore after about 2 hours of use.

---------------------------------------

So if anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it. Looking for comfort, good mic and sound quality, and good mic monitoring. Would prefer wireless, and that might be a necessity as I had a pair of Turtle Beaches that had mic monitoring when I use them on my PC via the USB connector, but Xbox SX doesn't recognize them through that so I have to use the 3.5 mm jack and there is no mic monitoring then as the headset isn't getting as much power as through a USB connection.

The two I've been looking at are:

Turtle Beach Stealth Pro - These looked like the new best set on the market, I just didn't want to spend $300 on them so was waiting for a sale. I saw they hit $260 on Amazon so was going to get them but looked at reviews first. Lot of pictures of the seaming on the headband coming apart, and the ear cups just breaking or falling off.

Audeze Maxwell - This seems to be the consensus best console headset, with good to great ratings in all the areas I'm looking for. Ratings on this are worrying as well though. Some develop a crackling noise, and others have the right earpiece receiver stop giving audio after a few months of use. These are $330 regular price, and IMO for a product that costs that much issues like that should not be as common as they are.

May try out the Microsoft Xbox Wireless set. I had a pair a couple years ago before I got the Steelseries and HyperX ones, I ended up giving that pair to a friend. I don't remember what the mic monitoring was like on that set though.

The only other options are like $500+ and I'm not spending that on a headset lol. So again, any recommendations would be appreciated. Obviously if there's a cheaper one that checks all the boxes that would be awesome, $80-$150 range is the sweet spot, but I wouldn't mind spending up to around $300 if the headset has everything I want, is reliable, and doesn't have common issues like the ones I discussed.
Old 06-24-2024, 01:45 AM   #8
Pro

Jeffruel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by noarmsduck
I had one of those. The sound quality was great but the mic quality was bad, all my friends in my party always said I sounded really quiet.

I'm currently in the market for a new headset. The 2 I own both have problems:

HyperX CloudX Flight - I'm on the 4th pair of these; I only paid for one pair but I've gotten multiple replacements at this point from both Amazon and the manufacturer. Randomly my friends will say my voice will turn robotic so I have to power cycle the headset. When it comes back, sometimes the mic monitoring will not be working so I have to power cycle again. And sometimes the mic monitoring just doesn't work when I turn them on for the first time that day. All 4 of those have had either one or both of those issues. Great mic quality and sound quality, and probably the most comfortable headset I've owned, but would not recommend if you're using them for talking to people.

Steelseries Arctis 7x Nova - This is my current main. Best sound quality and mic quality of any headset I've ever owned. Mic monitoring is great. Also has an app to customize the sound profile for them and they work on PC as well. The problem with these is my ears get sore after about 2 hours of use.

---------------------------------------

So if anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it. Looking for comfort, good mic and sound quality, and good mic monitoring. Would prefer wireless, and that might be a necessity as I had a pair of Turtle Beaches that had mic monitoring when I use them on my PC via the USB connector, but Xbox SX doesn't recognize them through that so I have to use the 3.5 mm jack and there is no mic monitoring then as the headset isn't getting as much power as through a USB connection.

The two I've been looking at are:

Turtle Beach Stealth Pro - These looked like the new best set on the market, I just didn't want to spend $300 on them so was waiting for a sale. I saw they hit $260 on Amazon so was going to get them but looked at reviews first. Lot of pictures of the seaming on the headband coming apart, and the ear cups just breaking or falling off.

Audeze Maxwell - This seems to be the consensus best console headset, with good to great ratings in all the areas I'm looking for. Ratings on this are worrying as well though. Some develop a crackling noise, and others have the right earpiece receiver stop giving audio after a few months of use. These are $330 regular price, and IMO for a product that costs that much issues like that should not be as common as they are.

May try out the Microsoft Xbox Wireless set. I had a pair a couple years ago before I got the Steelseries and HyperX ones, I ended up giving that pair to a friend. I don't remember what the mic monitoring was like on that set though.

The only other options are like $500+ and I'm not spending that on a headset lol. So again, any recommendations would be appreciated. Obviously if there's a cheaper one that checks all the boxes that would be awesome, $80-$150 range is the sweet spot, but I wouldn't mind spending up to around $300 if the headset has everything I want, is reliable, and doesn't have common issues like the ones I discussed.

I don’t typically use it to communicate so it works well for me. I did read the same thing about it when I was researching, but I haven’t noticed it because I’m usually gaming by myself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »