Home

RTTS Observations

This is a discussion on RTTS Observations within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-22-2024, 02:23 AM   #1
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
RTTS Observations

I'll add more to this later, but I'd love to hear more from you as well. I'm mostly enjoying RTTS on default Legend difficulty, but I did have a few gripes.

1) Stealing in this game needs attention in the worst way. The AI is constantly attempting steals only in early counts and never in something like 0-2 counts or 3-2 with less than 2 outs. Sliders don't seem to be impacting this much, at least not in RTTS because attempts only appear if you're involved as an infielder.

2) Similar issues exist with hit and run for franchise mode, which is way overdone and not used in realistic ways for 2024 MLB baseball.

3) Your teammates are awful hitters when you're on base. You'll notice by how many times they come up with 2 strikes generated before striking out in a higher than normal proportion. You'll really notice this when you compare the number of runs you've scored compared to your teammates, even ones batting at the bottom of the order.

Closing positively, so much of the mode is a lot of fun. I still don't like how easy it is to get to AAA as a teenager, and I wish I could still start out at 22 or 23 in AA for an added challenge, but I understand, too, that 12 years also want to enjoy this mode.

It would be really cool if you could actually play out your entire senior season of high school or college to determine your draft stock.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2024, 03:27 PM   #2
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: RTTS Observations

Since I only play RTTS in The Show's, I'll try to share my little inputs on your observations and add some of mine.

I'm just over 200 hours of play in MLBTS 24, and what I do is roll around with 8 RTTS guys (4 IN and 4 OF, no pitchers and no catchers).

1. Stealing is not right in RTTS. I have some 60 speed and 50 steal guys mostly and there's no way I can steal a base unless it's Trevino pitching! ;-) One most irritating point is the fact that if I decide not to steal, the batter will never swing no matter what. So, an 0-2 count will endup in a SO (I've seen 1 BB so far...).

It would be nice to have a choice when the manager ask to steal. I mean, no way a slow 1B or 3B will be ask to steal a base with a guy pitching 100 MPH even in AA!

2. Right again, when you're on the bases, there's not a lot of strategy involved. It's hit or miss for the batter and run for our player when it's time.

3. Ah, our teammates. Seems like pre-patch #12, I was seeing every 0-2 counts end up in a SO. Don't know if that's the patch, but seeing more and more of at least swings at the ball instead of air with the count 0-2.

Nonetheless, our teammates aren't good, and we're lucky if there's something happening when we're on the bases.

4. One thing that I don't like in RTTS this year isn't even related to gameplay. It's the fact that you get in the game, there's no pre-game, no fooling around, it's straight to the 1st play you're involved. I get that I choose sim to the next play I'm in, but at the start of the game, I like earing the crowd, watching the stadiums, etc. Maybe it's not the same at in the Majors, yet to get there.

To make this even worse, the first pitch is often like you are alone in the stadium, then the crowd wakes up! Kind of odd!

Like you said, the mode is pretty cool. I tend to like the addition of the combine, and so on. It's a nice touch. I didn't see what you saw with the call up's, but then again, I'm only mid-june with my 8 guys. So far, only my 2B been recalled to AAA.

Your point about the 12 years old is right on but would also be a fit for most gamers ;-). Would like to see the reactions if we tell people : "You'll play 5 or 6 years in the minors, because well, that's the way it is. Get use to it, and don't stress too much about the little call up's you'll get, it's just so that you have more intel on what to work on in the minors!"

Your last idea would make it interesting. Just like NHL when you can play your draft year and influence your rank. That would really be a nice touch, but then again, would it be worth the people having patience to play it?

I really like the game this year, there's such nice animations, small things that we're put in, but I'm sold to the game every year! ;-)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »