Home

NBA 2K24: Player Lock

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24: Player Lock within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-19-2024, 02:56 PM   #1
Rookie

Pirate's Arena

OVR: 5
NBA 2K24: Player Lock

I have played an incredible, maybe even shameful, amount of hours of both NBA 2K23 and 24. Most of my hours have been dedicated to the MyNBA Eras section of the game and I am on record saying the implementation of this feature has been incredible.

For years I struggled playing most sports games past a single season because free agency and player movement were unrealistic in that they didn't match real life. But, for some reason, the MyNBA Eras feature has helped me suspend reality and enjoy playing two, three, or more seasons. The other hindrance of time past was, well, time. It takes a long time to play a whole season, let alone multiple.

Player Lock was my solution. It started out in a fantasy land where I created a much improved but still terrible compared to NBA players version of me when I was 21 and would have entered the NBA. True story, I declared for the NBA draft in 2001 via fax and never heard a peep from a single team or the league. I would play the games much like some folks (I assume) play MyPlayer. Game by game getting a few minutes here and there and improving marginally until an injury or trade propelled me to a bigger role. I have loved playing this fantasy world and advancing season by season. The games go by quicker since you only play your minutes. Remember to still jump into games where you are not assigned minutes because blowouts and injuries happen.

But now, I am playing as Trace Jackson Davis and spending all my time grabbing boards and blocking shots while trying to impress Coach Kerr.

Player Lock is a fantastic way to approach the game in a more realistic way than MyPlayer, but also live a bit of fantasy.

Is anyone else giving this a try?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2024, 06:50 PM   #2
Rookie

dking_11's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K24: Player Lock

Man, I’m pretty glad to see you start this thread because I legit came to the site to find out who would I need to ask to try and get the MyCareer Default camera into the game when you play player lock. You currently can’t do it on Next-Gen, which is a total shame, current-gen still has it.

I personally enjoy Player Lock, as I enjoy playing with the real players as opposed to myplayer, (can’t watch Luka drop 45 and not want to play with him in Play Now Online, am I right??!?)

Turn on player lock, turn the playcalling to automatic and turn out the PlayVision & we’ve got real hoops!
Old 06-20-2024, 12:09 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K24: Player Lock

Ya I bet you spent a lot of time on the MyEras section because ur draft classes are damn good and alongside one of the best w/ ItsBP and Joaquin DEO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »