Home

The Cream of the Crop: The Ten Top Tier Schools

This is a discussion on The Cream of the Crop: The Ten Top Tier Schools within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-19-2024, 10:09 AM   #1
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23
The Cream of the Crop: The 11 Top Tier Schools

I wasn't going to do this list but someone let me know they enjoyed them so I decided to do this one as well. The rules are the same. If a team featured on any of my other lists, they don't get included on this one. List for the first three are below if you want to check them out.

http://https://forums.operationsport...lly-verge.html

http://https://forums.operationsport...r-schools.html

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ball-25-a.html

This list will be of programs that won't be a challenge to get to the top with. These are the programs you only select if you're a fan and want to play with your team. (Edit: After it was pointed out I forgot to add Texas, I edited the list to 11. I didn't want to drop any one but I always meant to include Texas. )

11. Oklahoma - Joining the SEC is part of why this one is lower ranked. But I know getting a blue blood program like this to the top in a video game won't be challenge.

10. Clemson - A few years ago, they'd been in the top three on this list, but "hard times" have bumped them down. But you'd be foolish if you thinking getting them back to the title game is going to be a challenge.

9. Washington - You could argue moving them off the list since they lost their coach but coming off a National Championship loss I don't see a huge challenge with them. Them joining the Big Ten this year does cause a little more intrigue.

8. Florida State - One could argue they could be a "on the verge team" but despite not making the playoffs last year they should be solid and an easy build. I don't see a challenge in getting FSU to the title.

7. Texas - Texas is very much a program that is rising. They join the SEC this year and that's the only reason they are lower. But you won't find a challenge getting them to the top in the virtual world.

6. LSU - Great traditions but this school won't be a challenge to turn into a champion.

5. Oregon - The Duck will be solid in the game. New conference again has them outside of the top three for me but still an easy one to win a title with in year one.

4. Alabama - New coach doesn't change anything in video game logic. They'll be stacked and easy to keep getting top players to sign with you. If not for changes, they'd be in the top three. For now, I have them at 4. It would be an easy argument to move them though.

3. Michigan - The defending national champs will be really easy to win a title with. Coaching changes won't effect the virtual world. You could argue any of the top three are interchangeable.

2. Georgia - The new Alabama. They are the current gold standard in the SEC. Yes, I know Alabama beat them for the SEC title last year but this program will be back there this year and I don't seem the slowing down.

1. Ohio State - Is there any team that year in year out gets pushed to the top more than Ohio State? Some will say they are always over ranked, and maybe they are, but every season they seem to spend at least some time as the #1 ranked team. Definitely won't be challenge it getting them to a title game.

If you're a fan of any of these teams, of course you'll want to play as them. But if you're and looking for any type of challenge, definitely avoid.

What is your list? And is there any other list series you'd like me to do next now that team tiers are done?

Last edited by thescoop; 06-19-2024 at 12:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2024, 10:25 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: The Cream of the Crop: The Ten Top Tier Schools

FYI, you have Ohio State as #10, not #1. I'd probably have Washington off the list and put Texas on it instead, but overall, the teams included make sense for the most part. I don't think FSU is as set up for success as you, but maybe I am biased. Most of their success has come from nailing transfers, not developing HS talent, so it will be interesting to see how that translates into long-term success and we'll see how EA handles rating their players.

I may be wrong, but I believe even to this day that a Mike Norvell HS recruit has still never been drafted.

― Plato
Old 06-19-2024, 10:51 AM   #3
MVP

thescoop's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
FYI, you have Ohio State as #10, not #1. I'd probably have Washington off the list and put Texas on it instead, but overall, the teams included make sense for the most part. I don't think FSU is as set up for success as you, but maybe I am biased. Most of their success has come from nailing transfers, not developing HS talent, so it will be interesting to see how that translates into long-term success and we'll see how EA handles rating their players.

I may be wrong, but I believe even to this day that a Mike Norvell HS recruit has still never been drafted.
I meant to have Texas on it. I don't know how missed them. I'll make an edit. And thanks for pointing out the type-o as well. It has been corrected and now is a top 11. I didn't want to bump any one but moved the Sooners down.

As for FSU, you might right if we're talking real world. But I'm viewing this from the video game universe. And EA will definitely have them as a Blue Blood.

Last edited by thescoop; 06-19-2024 at 11:00 AM.
Old 06-19-2024, 12:23 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescoop
I meant to have Texas on it. I don't know how missed them. I'll make an edit. And thanks for pointing out the type-o as well. It has been corrected and now is a top 11. I didn't want to bump any one but moved the Sooners down.

As for FSU, you might right if we're talking real world. But I'm viewing this from the video game universe. And EA will definitely have them as a Blue Blood.
My point with FSU was that there is a chance given their history with HS recruits under Norvell that their roster will actually be rated lower than some expect and they may lack depth. If PFF is helping with the ratings like we've heard, and that has a heavy influence, that definitely may be the case. If it is, I think they will be harder than all of the schools on the list sans Washington to build up. You'll have some talented 1-year rentals but potentially not much after that. So, it could turn into a situation where you need 2-3 recruiting classes to get things going there. I don't think that applies to the other schools.

I feel like the above applies to all of the 3 main Florida schools, honestly. With what FSU lost from last year's team, I could see a situation where all 3 are rated similarly in the game and have high enough school rankings for recruiting purposes to where building any of the 3 back up to contender status really isn't a tall challenge at all.

That's just my opinion, though. The list is solid. I would just personally not include FSU or Washington on it, but I think it is completely understandable as to why you did.

― Plato
Old 06-19-2024, 12:56 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

No way Washington should be on there. They lost their QB, their WRs, some OL, their top CB, and their coach, and they finally joined a real conference. I’m betting they are at best a 7-5 team this year. And they won’t have any stud players in the video game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2024, 01:20 PM   #6
№¹ Bad Boy.

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Interesting list Scoop.
Normally I wouldnt play with the top teams but this year Oklahoma Washington and Oregon would all be fun, considering theyre joining new conferences.
Old 06-20-2024, 12:21 PM   #7
MVP

thescoop's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
Interesting list Scoop.
Normally I wouldnt play with the top teams but this year Oklahoma Washington and Oregon would all be fun, considering theyre joining new conferences.
Thank you. And I agree with you about not using them often but a few could be interesting. Washington, as other in thread have stated, might be leaving the "blue blood group" as early as next season.
Old 06-20-2024, 07:05 PM   #8
Rookie

Remogunz247's Arena

I want to see if Washington can remain in the top 15 after losing so much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »