Home

EA needs to put in RBBC into Madden...it's beyond time

This is a discussion on EA needs to put in RBBC into Madden...it's beyond time within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-18-2024, 03:37 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Icon5 EA needs to put in RBBC into Madden...it's beyond time

After playing Madden 25 beta all weekend pretty much non-stop, and then also playing Madden 24 for at least a couple hundred of hours, 95% of which is versus the CPU, I can safely say the biggest thing that is missing from Madden is that the starting RB is the RB you are going to see for almost all of the game, save for an injury of course.

I think it's something that EA, and even a lot of OSers, maybe haven't thought about as much, with so many other issues that people have, that there really is no RBBC at all in Madden when it comes to the CPU controlling a team.

I realize not all teams are at RBBC yet, but the league is certainly well trending in that direction, so it's a bit jarring to play Madden and see all the CPU coaches run a workhorse RB all game.

Has anyone seen any comments about this in regards to Madden 25 or going forward?
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2024, 03:51 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: EA needs to put in RBBC into Madden...it's beyond time

This is one of the big reasons I wanted Wear and Tear and the fatigue rework from CFB25 to be in Madden 25 also. Wear and tear was supposed to represent players getting banged up while fatigue became a conditioning only attribute that in tandem with each coach having unique auto subs is to help get realistic snap counts at each position.

I feel like this is something Madden needs big time for what you're stating. Many teams run multiple backs throughout the game these days. A back getting 20 carries every game is a thing of the past, but Madden doesn't represent that well(especially with the run/pass split issue we're stuck with in Madden 24).

I think it would serve Madden well to either go down the route CFB25 has and introduce the Wear and Tear system while reworking fatigue and giving each coach a unique auto subs setup, or, to completely rework how players are rotated throughout the game via different settings like RBBC. Having similar setups for rotating DE's, DT's, and LB's would go a long way in getting realistic snap counts and having teams play like their real selves.

― Plato
Old 06-18-2024, 03:56 PM   #3
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
After playing Madden 25 beta all weekend pretty much non-stop, and then also playing Madden 24 for at least a couple hundred of hours, 95% of which is versus the CPU, I can safely say the biggest thing that is missing from Madden is that the starting RB is the RB you are going to see for almost all of the game, save for an injury of course.

I think it's something that EA, and even a lot of OSers, maybe haven't thought about as much, with so many other issues that people have, that there really is no RBBC at all in Madden when it comes to the CPU controlling a team.

I realize not all teams are at RBBC yet, but the league is certainly well trending in that direction, so it's a bit jarring to play Madden and see all the CPU coaches run a workhorse RB all game.

Has anyone seen any comments about this in regards to Madden 25 or going forward?
They just need to fix formation subs correctly and also allow the cpu teams to use it according to scheme/coach and tendencies. College is apparently trying to go that route with playcalling etc so hopefully ea college can push ea madden if no one else can

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON
Old 06-18-2024, 03:56 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
This is one of the big reasons I wanted Wear and Tear and the fatigue rework from CFB25 to be in Madden 25 also. Wear and tear was supposed to represent players getting banged up while fatigue became a conditioning only attribute that in tandem with each coach having unique auto subs is to help get realistic snap counts at each position.

I feel like this is something Madden needs big time for what you're stating. Many teams run multiple backs throughout the game these days. A back getting 20 carries every game is a thing of the past, but Madden doesn't represent that well(especially with the run/pass split issue we're stuck with in Madden 24).

I think it would serve Madden well to either go down the route CFB25 has and introduce the Wear and Tear system while reworking fatigue and giving each coach a unique auto subs setup, or, to completely rework how players are rotated throughout the game via different settings like RBBC. Having similar setups for rotating DE's, DT's, and LB's would go a long way in getting realistic snap counts and having teams play like their real selves.
I completely agree and even though I've not played EA CFB yet to see wear and tear in action, the sound of it is something that Madden desperately needs, and would really serve to fix my issue as well in the process.

I am wondering if we are going to see the setup where EA CFB 25 is sort of a little test ground for ideas such as Wear and Tear to both see how the system works in practice, as well as how fans like, or dislike the feature.

So in that sense I imagine whether or not Wear and Tear comes to Madden will be largely dependent upon how well it works in EA CFB 25, but maybe as importantly, how the public likes it.

It can be frustrating for us more sim oriented fans when the public dislikes something like wear and tear, so I guess we will just have to hope that people see why it could be beneficial to making the game a lot more fun even though it may be not ideal at first but in the end could be a great add.

I am just worried that a lot of gamers will see their new RB, or main stud RB, not able to play as his OVR is so low due to excessive wear and tear, and not like the new system and it go the way of the do-do never to be seen or heard of again.

Let's all hope not
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 06-18-2024, 04:26 PM   #5
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Left feedback in the forums about it and subs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2024, 06:04 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormsWarning
I am not seeing any new threads about either topic on their boards. Where did you post it? Wanting to make sure to give it XP to hopefully increase exposure.

― Plato
Old 06-18-2024, 07:53 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormsWarning
Thank you, that helps, as did I, I am hopeful they can really address this in 26' and maybe CFB will push them to address this and weather more (another huge neglected area in my view)

Old 06-18-2024, 08:03 PM   #8
Pro

ReturnoftheTmac's Arena

OVR: 0

There’s not enough rotations in the DLINE/EDGE and WRs either. Really was hoping they’d do a little something for 25. Doesn’t appear so.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »