Home

Old 06-16-2024, 09:06 PM   #1
MVP

Lisac's Arena

OVR: 0
Updates

Just wondering if EA is done up****** this game?
We have most of all the same old equipment and clothes and shoes.
Love the game and still playing it often but its getting old now a year later with NONE of the updates above
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2024, 12:44 PM   #2
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisac
Just wondering if EA is done up****** this game?
We have most of all the same old equipment and clothes and shoes.
Love the game and still playing it often but its getting old now a year later with NONE of the updates above
It honestly looks like Season 12 of the Pro Pass, which started last Tuesday, will be the last one for EA PGA. There's no end date for it, and it arrived without a patch or really any fanfare at all.

So either EA is moving on to making their next golf game, or this could be all she wrote for EA golf once again.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 06-17-2024 at 12:49 PM.
Old 06-17-2024, 09:53 PM   #3
MVP

Lisac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
It honestly looks like Season 12 of the Pro Pass, which started last Tuesday, will be the last one for EA PGA. There's no end date for it, and it arrived without a patch or really any fanfare at all.

So either EA is moving on to making their next golf game, or this could be all she wrote for EA golf once again.
Truly hope its not the end
Old 06-20-2024, 09:14 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:

They used way too many resources to just make one game. I’d assume they are working on the next version, which would probably come out next year.
Old 09-11-2024, 04:10 PM   #5
Just started!

I Think we will see something before the president’s cup and get royal Montreal
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2024, 05:13 PM   #6
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4par
I Think we will see something before the president’s cup and get royal Montreal
While I would love to see this happen, I'm pretty sure the game is 100% done being updated. There's been no update since April, when they dropped all 2024 major courses and Jack Nicklaus. And there's no countdown to a new season or anything like that. They haven't added any challenges that reflected any of the actual 2024 PGA Tour schedule, so even the "live service" side of things stopped late 2023/very early in 2024.

I suppose they could start updating it again next year, but I think updates for the time being are done. And if EA will be doing anything in the golf space, it's probably more likely they start work on a new game, rather than add anything to the current one.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 09-12-2024 at 09:47 AM.
Old 09-12-2024, 10:52 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
While I would love to see this happen, I'm pretty sure the game is 100% done being updated. There's been no update since April, when they dropped all 2024 major courses and Jack Nicklaus. And there's no countdown to a new season or anything like that. They haven't added any challenges that reflected any of the actual 2024 PGA Tour schedule, so even the "live service" side of things stopped late 2023/very early in 2024.

I suppose they could start updating it again next year, but I think updates for the time being are done. And if EA will be doing anything in the golf space, it's probably more likely they start work on a new game, rather than add anything to the current one.
Agree with all of this, aside from the last point...EA being EA, if they were going to spend any resources at all to try to stay in the golf space, I just can't imagine that they are going to build an entirely new game. I'm guessing it's done, like totally done.

If anything, again, my guess, they may try to relaunch it before next season with some new fluff, courses that match the season, maybe some tweaks or features or more stuff in the store that I don't care about...but it's really hard for me to imagine them going all out to make a new game, especially when it appears (at least for now) that 2k is in position to pretty much own the golf game space for the next couple of years.

I think if we knew that 2k was going to come out with a new engine game in 2025, that would definitely signal that EA won't make a new game and just get out of it completely.

But the fact that it sounds like 2k is just going to further futz and fluff the existing series on Unity, it makes sense that EA would throw at least some resources towards futzing and fluffing their game as well. Such a niche space and there's just not enough interest and revenue for two major game companies to throw major resources at a competing game, especially in the new era of declining interest in golf, viewership, ratings, LIV vs PGA, all of that.

Honestly if I was the money guy at either company at this moment, and my a** was on the line to approve any type of money at either game, I wouldn't go big either. Wash, polish, fluff it up, lipstick, throw it out there and hope to make a small profit margin on as little resources as possible.

And that would truly suck for us. But I think that's the most likely scenario for 2025.
Old 09-13-2024, 10:53 AM   #8
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut67
Agree with all of this, aside from the last point...EA being EA, if they were going to spend any resources at all to try to stay in the golf space, I just can't imagine that they are going to build an entirely new game. I'm guessing it's done, like totally done.
I absolutely think you're right...that EA is "done done" with golf once again, and the current title will see no further updates.

I guess my comment about "building a new game" is referring what they did between Rory and EA PGA. I don't think we're getting a biennial EA golf release like we've been seeing with 2K or anything like that.

It would play out something like this...they'll have released EA PGA back in 2023, have left it out there for 5 years or so, and then if they get the itch to hop back in, they'd bring a new game back into the fold on PS6 and next-gen Xbox or whatever.

I think that's probably also very unlikely, since many of the big players on the EA golf dev team aren't even with the company anymore. That situation is another reason why I doubt this current game is getting any additional support.

What an unfortunate turn of events the last year and a half has been, for those of us who were looking for a EA vs. 2K duel in the world of golf games. Instead of competition that led to a situation like Madden vs. NFL 2K back in day, we got a likely one-and-done EA golf game that was supported for barely a year, and now 2K can settle back in to being the only player on the block.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 09-13-2024 at 10:59 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »