Home

I just wish they would have stuck with the path they were on

This is a discussion on I just wish they would have stuck with the path they were on within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-14-2024, 11:06 AM   #1
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0
I just wish they would have stuck with the path they were on

I finally got the game because I found it on sale for $20, and I saw they have updated the roster a bit since release. Man am I disappointed. This game is just not very good. I wish they would have just stuck with the path they were on with UFC 2 and built from there. The pre-imputed combos and stiff gameplay are just not the way to go in my opinion. I completely skipped UFC 4 for the most part outside of the trial, and somehow they have managed to make the clinch even more of a non factor. This game is just flat out boring as on offline player. There really isn’t much to do. Ran a couple of exhibition fights and afterwards just felt like “now what”. I can’t believe it took them that long from UFC 4 to UFC 5 to only come up with this. They really need to go back to the drawing board, because this really isn’t it.

However, I do want to highlight a couple of positives. Really do like the transition based sub system. It needs work but has way more potential than that weird gated system they had in UFC 2, or the wheel and seesaw system. Also, simulation mode. My lord what an experience. It actually feels like an MMA fight for once. Really hard to finish your opponent on higher difficulties, and you have to fight smart and manage stamina. Well done. Also, the head movement has come along way and is actually the most responsive part to the stand up. It makes sense and you don’t feel cheated when you make the right slips, pulls, and ducks. Honestly, if they just had UFC 2 striking with UFC 5 head movement, and this new transition based sub system with some minor adjustments , and more single player offline experiences to keep people engaged, this could be a really solid game. Unfortunately we are looking at UFC 6 for anything substantial, and considering this is all they did from UFC 4 to 5, I suspect EA really isn’t putting that much money behind this game unfortunately
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2024, 03:56 AM   #2
Pro

Re: I just wish they would have stuck with the path they were on

You should've spend a couple of minutes during the last half year reading this forum and you would've come to the same conclusion.

Plus "sim mode" already existed way before since sliders were a thing. Ppl posted such configurations that provided the same exact experience.
Old 06-15-2024, 09:49 AM   #3
Rookie

UFC 3's revamp of the striking remains the best thing that has happened to franchise. It's so good that even undisputed (the boxing game) doesn't even come close.

Saying you want them to go back to the old system is just insane. Yeah UFC 2 had some good ragdoll physics but that's pretty much it.
Old 06-17-2024, 09:08 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
I finally got the game because I found it on sale for $20, and I saw they have updated the roster a bit since release. Man am I disappointed. This game is just not very good. I wish they would have just stuck with the path they were on with UFC 2 and built from there. The pre-imputed combos and stiff gameplay are just not the way to go in my opinion. I completely skipped UFC 4 for the most part outside of the trial, and somehow they have managed to make the clinch even more of a non factor. This game is just flat out boring as on offline player. There really isn’t much to do. Ran a couple of exhibition fights and afterwards just felt like “now what”. I can’t believe it took them that long from UFC 4 to UFC 5 to only come up with this. They really need to go back to the drawing board, because this really isn’t it.

However, I do want to highlight a couple of positives. Really do like the transition based sub system. It needs work but has way more potential than that weird gated system they had in UFC 2, or the wheel and seesaw system. Also, simulation mode. My lord what an experience. It actually feels like an MMA fight for once. Really hard to finish your opponent on higher difficulties, and you have to fight smart and manage stamina. Well done. Also, the head movement has come along way and is actually the most responsive part to the stand up. It makes sense and you don’t feel cheated when you make the right slips, pulls, and ducks. Honestly, if they just had UFC 2 striking with UFC 5 head movement, and this new transition based sub system with some minor adjustments , and more single player offline experiences to keep people engaged, this could be a really solid game. Unfortunately we are looking at UFC 6 for anything substantial, and considering this is all they did from UFC 4 to 5, I suspect EA really isn’t putting that much money behind this game unfortunately

I also just got it after holding off and I’m disappointed as well.

Gameplay-wise, it’s okay. My biggest issue with the striking is that it feels like jabs and straights don’t have the impact they should and don’t feel weighty enough.

Something similar to the power modifier on FN Champion would be great. A solid straight has KO’d so many people in real life, but in the game, it really only feels effective as part of a combo.

The clinch is god awful. Ground and pound is pretty awful too. The submission system is awesome and the best improvement they made imo.

Career mode isn’t deep enough and the lack of a GM mode is atrocious.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-20-2024, 04:18 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggelosP
UFC 3's revamp of the striking remains the best thing that has happened to franchise. It's so good that even undisputed (the boxing game) doesn't even come close.

Saying you want them to go back to the old system is just insane. Yeah UFC 2 had some good ragdoll physics but that's pretty much it.
EAUFC3's striking was by far the best in the series. Totally agree. The entire game is the best in the series, hands down.

When 4 dropped, I remember having a WTF moment when I started striking. They completely finger f'd the controls. Spent all that time "fixing" things that didn't need fixing and ignoring things that alot of folks have been clammoring for since EA got the license.

Seriously, this team needs to go. I'm sure the devs are capable. The shotcallers need to get a pink slip. Someone send Dana White a strongly worded message.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2024, 06:18 PM   #6
Rookie

You are crazy i have gone back to every ufc game including Undisputed 3 which was great for its time but looks terrible now in the standup looking like rockem sockem robots and i hated the submission game. I prefer UFC 5 over all of them with the sub game not having a mini game to look at and as an offline player the AI is by far the best now since patches. The only negatives for me is the shortened intros with Buffer and no face off for title fights,other than that i am loving the game even with it faults such as camera spinning which should have been fixed by now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »