Home

AI Difficulty

This is a discussion on AI Difficulty within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-13-2024, 07:49 AM   #1
Rookie

John_Elway's Arena

OVR: 8
AI Difficulty

What is everyone using for AI Difficulty? I have mine set to 80 and still finishing in Top 3 consistently. Any thoughts on how to make things more competitive against AI players? Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2024, 10:50 AM   #2
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: AI Difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Elway
What is everyone using for AI Difficulty? I have mine set to 80 and still finishing in Top 3 consistently. Any thoughts on how to make things more competitive against AI players? Thanks!
For EA PGA, I have the AI set to 99. I play on basically the hardest settings possible, only I don't have the diagonal swing on for draws and fades.

I also have my player set to a 99 OVR, but I don't use the Hack shot...ever.

I am in contention fairly often, but don't win every event, and even miss cuts now and again.
Old 06-14-2024, 06:15 AM   #3
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
For EA PGA, I have the AI set to 99. I play on basically the hardest settings possible, only I don't have the diagonal swing on for draws and fades.

I also have my player set to a 99 OVR, but I don't use the Hack shot...ever.

I am in contention fairly often, but don't win every event, and even miss cuts now and again.
What are the average scores you and the ai getting at that level?
Old 06-14-2024, 07:48 AM   #4
Rookie

John_Elway's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4par
I have mine set at 80, and the AI shoots -6 to -9 per round
Old 06-14-2024, 10:56 AM   #5
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4par
Depends on the course...I've seen scores on the leaderboards that push 59 and 60. But those are typically at places like Tara Iti which are much more scoreable than major courses.

At places like Kiawah or Augusta or even Torrey Pines, a round of 63 or 64 is setting the pace.

On my settings, I've never won at Augusta, missed the cut multiple times at Torrey Pines, etc.

Just wanted to add, I don't play alongside AI playing partners, so I don't know how scores in that situation would be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2024, 11:02 AM   #6
Rookie

John_Elway's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
Depends on the course...I've seen scores on the leaderboards that push 59 and 60. But those are typically at places like Tara Iti which are much more scoreable than major courses.

At places like Kiawah or Augusta or even Torrey Pines, a round of 63 or 64 is setting the pace.

On my settings, I've never won at Augusta, missed the cut multiple times at Torrey Pines, etc.

Just wanted to add, I don't play alongside AI playing partners, so I don't know how scores in that situation would be.
I do play with AI partners - At the American Express, I played with Patrick Cantlay on Sat and Sun and he crushed it both days and won by like 6 stroke. Then I played with Xander Schauffele at the Farmers Insurance Open, he played really well on Thursday, finishing -8, then Friday, he went -6, and Saturday -5, I haven't played Sunday yet, but I have the 54 hole lead by 2 strokes.
Old 06-14-2024, 01:11 PM   #7
Just started!

I have my AI at 50. Generally win a a few. But since I made some setting changes ( switch shot from normal to hard, putting I always had on hard. Changed elevation and wind to direction only snd turned off the grid) things have gotten tighter. AI scores between -10 and -17 or so. Now its competative for me. Just lost to Patton at teeth of the dog, after a bad sunday round. Started at -15. 2 birdies on the front 9 then bogey double bogey and another bogey on 10,11and 12. Got it back to -14 in a tienwith Patton but then like the whole round couldn’t get the wind right and knocked the ball in the water at 16 for double bogey finish was me and 5 others at -12 Patton at -16. Wind was 10-15 mph
Old 06-27-2024, 07:22 PM   #8
Rookie

I am down to 20 now. I find it hard when doing quick rounds because I need to recover like crazy to catch up again. Even at 20 I have some schaeffler guy doing 10 under on second round. But there is generally a big jump between first and second or third. I guess my skill level is perhaps at level 50 though I had some events I was competitive at 100.

Would be cool if there was some ini file where you could adjust the ai. I would want to give them more power.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »