Home

Can we get rid of the home run celebration where the players act like they don’t care

This is a discussion on Can we get rid of the home run celebration where the players act like they don’t care within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-08-2024, 02:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Can we get rid of the home run celebration where the players act like they don’t care

Ryan Bliss hit his first career home run for the Mariners and everyone got up and got excited for him. But, if you do that in the game it’s that stupid thing where everyone acts like they are ignoring him at first then join in. Do we have to see that every time someone hits their first one??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2024, 06:07 PM   #2
№¹ Bad Boy.

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Can we get rid of the home run celebration where the players act like they don’t

I'd probably turn my head and get a drink of water or bite of something if I didn't want to see it and knew it was inevitably coming.
Old 06-08-2024, 10:49 PM   #3
Rookie

ataranto2's Arena

It’s funny you mention this because the Guardians literally just did this celebration yesterday. Brayan Rocchio hit his first career home run and the team all ignored him and randomly celebrated with Hedges instead until finally celebrating with Rocchio

https://x.com/dreknott/status/179922...rEb35rbB6cWqWg

But I totally agree that they shouldn’t use that every single time someone hits their first homer

Last edited by ataranto2; 06-08-2024 at 10:52 PM.
Old 06-09-2024, 11:13 AM   #4
Pro

Re: Can we get rid of the home run celebration where the players act like they don’t

It’s pretty much tradition though. Most teams do this for guys first home runs and have been doing it for years.
Old 06-09-2024, 01:52 PM   #5
All Star

I use manage mode in franchise and I use fast play to speed things up between pitches and at bats. I'd prefer a return to zero cut scenes. In 2023 after the first pitch of each at bat they added a cut scene.

I suspect they have a developer assigned to making cut scenes that they think we all want to see. Similar to patches that change a player's hair style or add another uniform instead of working on franchise needs like y2y saves.
Old 06-09-2024, 02:20 PM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Meh…nevermind

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 06-09-2024 at 02:26 PM.
Old 06-09-2024, 02:58 PM   #7
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Don't a lot of teams do this in real life though? Throughout a whole season I probably only experience a handful of guys hitting their first HR so it's not that big of a deal to me.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 06-09-2024, 03:06 PM   #8
№¹ Bad Boy.

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I use manage mode in franchise and I use fast play to speed things up between pitches and at bats. I'd prefer a return to zero cut scenes. In 2023 after the first pitch of each at bat they added a cut scene.

I suspect they have a developer assigned to making cut scenes that they think we all want to see. Similar to patches that change a player's hair style or add another uniform instead of working on franchise needs like y2y saves.
I don't believe they think we all want to see those cutscenes. I assume they decide on the ones that resonate most with their target audience. If you don't care for their choice of cutscenes, you're probably not the target audience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »