Home

What Difficulty Level You Starting On?

This is a discussion on What Difficulty Level You Starting On? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-05-2024, 10:57 PM   #1
MVP

Collegefbfan's Arena

OVR: 0
What Difficulty Level You Starting On?

Man, with how new all of the things presented to us will be, I wonder which difficulty you all will be starting on? Crap, I actually feel like there will need to be a Pee-Wee league level for me. I am wondering if on the lowest difficulty level, will the AI defense disguise the defense way less? And what actually increases on AI offense and AI defense with each bump up in difficulty level? I can spot the differences in NCAA '13 and '14. This game seems so much more in depth. What ya got?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2024, 11:37 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: What Difficulty Level You Starting On?

Heisman or whatever is the equivalent if they change the names. I am assuming Real Time Coaching adaptability and efficiency will be linked to the difficulty levels, so I will want the highest level of the system in my games.

I'm praying that the addition of the RTC along with the reworked defense will mean it's finally possible to get a balanced and challenging game vs the CPU because that has not been the case in Madden for years. Part of that is due to the CPU play calling, time management, and multiple other logic systems that are so basic the CPU isn't challenging you from an X's and O's standpoint. The other part is the fact that certain parts of the game have been imbalanced to the point sliders cannot fix it. Pass coverage and run blocking are these two areas. Even on All Madden at 100 Pass Coverage and Reaction Time, the CPU pass coverage is far too soft and WR's are nearly high school open on every play. And, even at 0 Run Blocking it's basically impossible to not get 5+ yards on the majority of your carries.

If the reworked defensive play has pass coverage much tighter and the new revamped trench play has much more realistic blocking outcomes, then that along with the RTC should make the CPU a challenging foe finally for the first time in a very long time in an EA game.

― Plato
Old 06-05-2024, 11:46 PM   #3
Pro

noarmsduck's Arena

Assuming the difficulty levels are done in the same way as past NCAA and Madden titles, then All American with custom sliders. Heisman/All Madden is trash and just nerfs user players instead of making the CPU better in terms of strategy, awareness etcetera.

I recruit/draft/sign players based on their strengths to fit my team. If I go out and get a guy with good hands or ball security, putting the difficulty on Heisman/All Madden shouldn't make him a fumble/drop machine.

I get that it technically is making the game more difficult by making user players fumble more easily, I just wish they did it a different way IE making the CPU better. The last time I played on All Madden was M21 I think and I had guys with 90+ carrying and they would fumble at least once a game and that's with me covering the ball any time I'm near someone.
Old 06-06-2024, 01:13 AM   #4
MVP

Dawgfan1's Arena

OVR: 2

Probably starting on All-American while I get used to the mechanics, then Heisman when it's time to do Dynasty. I've heard Heisman won't give the CPU any boosts, hopefully they're mainly be smarter on that difficulty.
MLB: Atlanta Braves
Soccer: Southampton and Atlanta United
Old 06-06-2024, 01:33 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

All-American, assuming the difficulty structure is the same as it used to be. If it's true that Heisman CPU doesn't cheat on physical ability ratings (mental ones are a different thing entirely) I could see myself moving to that very quickly.

Last edited by bcruise; 06-06-2024 at 01:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2024, 03:33 AM   #6
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

All American or the equivalent of that if they change the name.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-06-2024, 03:35 AM   #7
MVP

Have never been an All-Madden guy, but have always been a Heisman guy.

This is my #1 gaming franchise of all time; I’ll take anything it can dish out.
Old 06-06-2024, 08:12 AM   #8
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

All-American and if necessary we will customize sliders.
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »