Home

Defense

This is a discussion on Defense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-04-2024, 12:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Defense

I'm sure hoping that since they went from ground up,aside from the physics engine, that we can actually play so.e defense. The past few madden the defense was atrocious. I'm hoping it's better with this. I'm a defense guy and would love to be able to play adequately
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2024, 12:35 PM   #2
MVP

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Defense

With the new features coming regarding abilities, being able to disguise your defense with coverage shells, and the switch stick, I think there will be some improvements to being able to play defense. With that said, it most likely won't be perfect and there will still be some frustrating moments, but I feel confident with what we have been hearing that it will be much improved.
Old 06-04-2024, 09:28 PM   #3
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhump1981
I'm sure hoping that since they went from ground up,aside from the physics engine, that we can actually play so.e defense. The past few madden the defense was atrocious. I'm hoping it's better with this. I'm a defense guy and would love to be able to play adequately
Temper your expectations. It's college football lol. I'm sure defense will be playable, and if you play as top tier teams you'll be happy. But if you roll with Akron or someone like that, you should expect to give up a lot of yards and points.
Old 06-05-2024, 12:39 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I'm with you, OP. With them reworking so many parts from the ground up, I am really hoping defense got a lot of love. With disguised shells, split-field coverages, bracket coverages, the new option adjustments, and all others, it seems defense did get plenty of attention, which is nice to hear.

What I've tried to pay attention to in the trailer is the pass coverage. I've rewatched it too many times, many focusing purely on how the secondary play is. If the trailer is indicative of coverage, I can see some people whining about how sticky the coverage is based on some of the clips. I, personally, am fine with that and hope EA does not adjust it. Not every WR should get separation every single play, and some plays should get absolutely shut down.

It's college where offense reigns supreme, but that doesn't mean every snap has a wide open WR running around. Hopefully the trailer has been indicative of what we'll see and EA won't back down. If so, I think defenses won't be completely helpless and talented defenses will be able to perform.

― Plato
Old 06-05-2024, 04:31 AM   #5
MVP

Literal skill-issue. I’m a beast on D.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2024, 09:01 AM   #6
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22

If you look at these stats, only 9 teams in the entire country held teams to under 300 yards of total offense per game. Only 19 teams held their opponents to under 5 yards per play. Only 19 teams held their opponents to under 20 points per game. So, the question is, what do we consider good defense?

My hope is that, if we aren't holding teams to 10 points per game and under 100 yards, we won't start saying the defense is broken lol. Admittedly, that's the first thing that came to my mind when EA said the game would be wide open. I said to myself, some people are not going to like that. But, that's college football in 2024. My goal is to hold offenses under 350 yards per game and under 24 points per game. Both of those numbers would have been good enough to finish in the Top 50 in both categories in real life last year.
Old 06-05-2024, 09:58 AM   #7
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers
Literal skill-issue. I’m a beast on D.
Oh JC, I'm so sick of hearing this garbage through the years. "GIT Good", "it's a skill issue",give me a damn break.

Hate to break it to you, but EA's implementation of defense has been lackluster for quite some time, and no it's NOT "my stick skills"..so get off that crap.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 06-05-2024, 10:03 AM   #8
Rookie

alexbond45's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer5150
Oh JC, I'm so sick of hearing this garbage through the years. "GIT Good", "it's a skill issue",give me a damn break.

Hate to break it to you, but EA's implementation of defense has been lackluster for quite some time, and no it's NOT "my stick skills"..so get off that crap.
This exactly - it frustrates the living hell out of me that your drone defenders don't do anything to help in defense sometimes. I shouldn't be expected to be able to play all 11 positions at the same damn time in order to play defense - you don't have to do that on offense!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »