Home

Any Chatter on PGA 2K25?

This is a discussion on Any Chatter on PGA 2K25? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-02-2024, 06:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Any Chatter on PGA 2K25?

With 2K in year’s past putting out a golf title every other year, has any one heard any talk on a new golf game? I believe 2K is holding a symposium of sorts this month so perhaps that is likely when some information is provided.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2024, 10:18 PM   #2
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Any Chatter on PGA 2K25?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricket
With 2K in year’s past putting out a golf title every other year, has any one heard any talk on a new golf game? I believe 2K is holding a symposium of sorts this month so perhaps that is likely when some information is provided.
In the past, 2K first provided info about their new golf game fairly close to when it actually released. PGA 2K23 wasn't announced until late August 2022. First-look gameplay videos from NextMakers came out in September 2022, and then the game actually released in October 2022.

So if that pattern holds, I wouldn't expect any info to drop about PGA 2K25 for another 3-4 months or so.
Old 06-03-2024, 12:46 PM   #3
Rookie

mcmax3000's Arena

OVR: 2

I doubt we hear anything until a couple of months before launch. That feels like the general trend across most sports game marketing these days.

You sometimes get a tease about three months out and then actual details maybe six weeks or so before launch.

Unless it's mentioned in a slide in a Take Two financial report, I wouldn't expect it to even get a mention until like August (presuming a similar release time frame as the last one).
Old 06-03-2024, 04:18 PM   #4
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21

Well now since Beach has a PS5 , 2K can go ahead and release the game solely on this generation of consoles.

(the course creator might take a hit)
Old 06-03-2024, 05:56 PM   #5
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
Well now since Beach has a PS5 , 2K can go ahead and release the game solely on this generation of consoles.

(the course creator might take a hit)
Haha...I will say, my gut feeling is that we'll still be getting PGA 2K25 on last-gen consoles and, therefore, on the current engine. I think the 2K golf fanbase is pretty strong on PS4 and Xbox One, and other 2K sports titles have still been releasing on last-gen hardware.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2024, 06:52 PM   #6
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
Haha...I will say, my gut feeling is that we'll still be getting PGA 2K25 on last-gen consoles and, therefore, on the current engine. I think the 2K golf fanbase is pretty strong on PS4 and Xbox One, and other 2K sports titles have still been releasing on last-gen hardware.
Unfortunate but true. Tennis gaming may be even more niche than golf, and I think 2K (Hangar 13) had to release Topspin 2K25 on PS4 and Xbox One to get as much profit as possible; if not, they're cutting profits on a game that's not gonna roll in the dough in massive numbers anyway.

Although neither game is perfect, if the graphics on PGA Tour and Topspin could match their gameplay, then gamers of both sports titles should be pleased.
Old 06-04-2024, 08:48 AM   #7
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

I thought sure we'd have some leaks about PGA TOUR 2K25 by the time June got here. It's still crickets as far as I can tell. That's telling me that they are possibly going with another game engine. If they were still going to use Unity, I think we'd have plenty of press on it by now. If it's going to be using a new game engine, I'd say that will push it out until the Summer of 2025, as much as I'd like a new golf game right now.

I find myself wanting a golf game in which the analog swing feels like it's fully and proportionally integrated via the stick motion. Neither PGA TOUR 2K23, nor EA Sports PGA Tour delivers that feel with the fidelity I'm needing to feel fully immersed in the game. There are too many times where the swing a execute has more of a token effect on the shot feel and result than fully integrated impact.
Old 06-04-2024, 09:23 AM   #8
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I thought sure we'd have some leaks about PGA TOUR 2K25 by the time June got here. It's still crickets as far as I can tell. That's telling me that they are possibly going with another game engine. If they were still going to use Unity, I think we'd have plenty of press on it by now. If it's going to be using a new game engine, I'd say that will push it out until the Summer of 2025, as much as I'd like a new golf game right now.

I find myself wanting a golf game in which the analog swing feels like it's fully and proportionally integrated via the stick motion. Neither PGA TOUR 2K23, nor EA Sports PGA Tour delivers that feel with the fidelity I'm needing to feel fully immersed in the game. There are too many times where the swing a execute has more of a token effect on the shot feel and result than fully integrated impact.
I wouldn't worry too much about there being no word on 2K25 yet. As was mentioned above, 2K23 wasn't even announced until August 2022, before the game then released just 2 months later. I'd give it a couple months before I'd get too concerned about not hearing anything.

I will say, I would not hate if they push the game back until 2025 if that meant an updated Unity engine and/or going fully current-gen. The thought of playing a 2K25 game for two-plus years that looks only slightly better and uses the same basic mechanics and engine doesn't entirely appeal to me...and I'll be (hopefully) totally immersed in College Football 25 anyway, so maybe holding off until next year wouldn't be the worst.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 06-04-2024 at 10:32 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »