Home

NBA Eras - Avoiding inaccurate rosters when simulating through seasons

This is a discussion on NBA Eras - Avoiding inaccurate rosters when simulating through seasons within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-02-2024, 06:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NBA Eras - Avoiding inaccurate rosters when simulating through seasons

How does one avoid the draft classes screwing up the actual rosters? Example: Let's say I want to do the 1998-99 season as the Lakers. So I choose the Jordan era which starts in 1991 and I sim all the way to the year 1998 season. so by simming, it will be apparent that rosters will be non-accurate. The off-season always wants a draft class. So, I would choose to load the 1998 draft class, but because of me simulating the draft, the rosters get all screwed up and players don't get drafted where they actually went in real life (I don't have time to do the draft manually). Thus, at the start of the 1998 season, I have inaccurate rosters. How does one overcome that discrepancy?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2024, 07:02 AM   #2
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Re: NBA Eras - Avoiding inaccurate rosters when simulating through seasons

Assuming you already checked 2K Share for a '98-99 scenario and didn't find anything, the simplest thing to do would be to sim ahead and let the game do its thing, then when you get to the '98 offseason just trade guys around as needed to get the league looking like it should. If you don't have time to micromanage each season leading up to '98-99 then that's all you can really do. On PC you can start at the specific year you want (from 1980 onwards), but that's not a possibility on console yet.
Old 06-04-2024, 08:37 AM   #3
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetmin
Assuming you already checked 2K Share for a '98-99 scenario and didn't find anything, the simplest thing to do would be to sim ahead and let the game do its thing, then when you get to the '98 offseason just trade guys around as needed to get the league looking like it should. If you don't have time to micromanage each season leading up to '98-99 then that's all you can really do. On PC you can start at the specific year you want (from 1980 onwards), but that's not a possibility on console yet.

Uh, wait a minute, you can start MyLeague on 2k24 PC in whatever year you want? I've been checked out of the 2K scene this year, I haven't paid attention at all on what PC got (I saw it was last-gen again decided to not touch it).

How does PC start at a specific year? Is it a mod or one of the tools developed by modders?
Old 06-04-2024, 10:18 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:

Thank you for your reply. I do wish the developers of this game would think about these things. They tailored it for the PC but not console. But I’m just a dummy who plays the game….;-)
Old 06-04-2024, 10:20 AM   #5
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Uh, wait a minute, you can start MyLeague on 2k24 PC in whatever year you want? I've been checked out of the 2K scene this year, I haven't paid attention at all on what PC got (I saw it was last-gen again decided to not touch it).

How does PC start at a specific year? Is it a mod or one of the tools developed by modders?
It's actually 2K23 (indeed via a modding tool).

Screenshots below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot0.jpg (82.6 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg screenshot1.jpg (176.9 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg screenshot2.jpg (152.2 KB, 141 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2024, 10:26 AM   #6
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by srg_southpaw
Thank you for your reply. I do wish the developers of this game would think about these things. They tailored it for the PC but not console. But I’m just a dummy who plays the game….;-)
Nah it's just that on PC you can mod the game and enable stuff like that; that flexibility is inherent to the platform. In terms of the best out-of-the-box experience, it's of course PS5/XSX. Choosing your own starting year from the full list of possibilities is simply not an official feature yet.
Old 06-04-2024, 11:46 AM   #7
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
It's actually 2K23 (indeed via a modding tool).

Screenshots below.

Well look at that! I picked up 23 back on sale like, a year ago, and did nothing with it. Which tool is that? Looyh's roster editor or something else?
Old 06-05-2024, 11:53 AM   #8
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Well look at that! I picked up 23 back on sale like, a year ago, and did nothing with it. Which tool is that? Looyh's roster editor or something else?
I'll PM you. And it turns out there is a 2K24 version of the tool as well, but I'd recommend staying on 2K23 for retro, if that's your interest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »