Home

Grapple advantage needs to go

This is a discussion on Grapple advantage needs to go within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-01-2024, 05:08 PM   #1
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Grapple advantage needs to go

By far my biggest gripe with the game is that four hammerfists nets you a bigger undeniable window on the ground than actually successfully denying a transition.

So you get a Leon Edwards that can sit on top of Gilbert Burns and deny everything as long
as he keeps throwing strikes. It's completely wack and nullifies the attribute advantage and/or fighter differentiation.

Not only that they have a visible meter so they can just camp the meter the entire time as well. It is the single worst aspect of the entire game imo.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2024, 05:52 PM   #2
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Grapple advantage needs to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
By far my biggest gripe with the game is that four hammerfists nets you a bigger undeniable window on the ground than actually successfully denying a transition.

So you get a Leon Edwards that can sit on top of Gilbert Burns and deny everything as long
as he keeps throwing strikes. It's completely wack and nullifies the attribute advantage and/or fighter differentiation.

Not only that they have a visible meter so they can just camp the meter the entire time as well. It is the single worst aspect of the entire game imo.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

This is not a problem of GA itself. GA is a good and realistic feature.
The problem is the BALANCE. The balance between different factors which are affecting GA. Balance in the game is broken = it causes unrealistic situations and behavior.
Old 06-01-2024, 06:10 PM   #3
Pro

In general, being on the bottom is such a drastic disadvantage, even with successful denials and fakes, that it’s basically a death sentence against any competent player who knows what they’re doing on top
Old 06-01-2024, 09:11 PM   #4
Rookie

Unless there's a total revamp on the ground, GA is pretty much needed for the ground game to function.
If you don't believe me, have a fight with your friend with on simulation mode and see if any of you manages to transition once.
Old 06-06-2024, 06:34 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggelosP
Unless there's a total revamp on the ground, GA is pretty much needed for the ground game to function.
If you don't believe me, have a fight with your friend with on simulation mode and see if any of you manages to transition once.
Yes, this is also true. The whole thing should be revamped. I’ve been playing UD3 recently and still can’t believe it’s the best representation of grappling in an MMA game. That’s what EA should have built towards, now they’re stuck with this system
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2024, 08:52 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakywwe
Yes, this is also true. The whole thing should be revamped. I’ve been playing UD3 recently and still can’t believe it’s the best representation of grappling in an MMA game. That’s what EA should have built towards, now they’re stuck with this system
Really? How can you look at this garbage and think this is a faithful representation of grappling in any way? You can backmount someone and they just get up with one quick transition and this applies to most positions in the game. There is also an artificial barrier on how long you can hold transition deny per position.

Undisputed 3 grappling has the same philosophy as UFC 4-5 clinch where you cannot maintain one position if the other player does not want to stay there. Also, Undisputed 3's grappling has such mechanical depth like flicking the stick to reverse transitions and a primitive form of grapple advantage because your transitions cannot be reversed if you time a transition after a blocked strike.

That being said, UFC 4-5 goes too far in the other direction where it is too easy to control specific positions (why is it always side control lol) with relatively little interaction. Like the other lads said, you cannot outright remove GA with how reliant the grappling is on it now to function. Right now, GA does not offer enough potential opportunities besides maintaining the same position. For instance, high GA could provide advantages to submissions the same way initiating them in different positions does. Perhaps even the posture up positions. For example, a guard posture up transition with GA could provide the transitions to half/side more regularly.

Naturally, it would have to be balanced so GA is less effective in maintaining the side control + hammerfist position of doom.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »