Home

Limits to Player Editing in EA Sports College Football 25 FAQ

This is a discussion on Limits to Player Editing in EA Sports College Football 25 FAQ within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-30-2024, 04:39 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Limits to Player Editing in EA Sports College Football 25 FAQ

There was a lot of info dished out yesterday about EA Sports College Football 25 and...

Written By: Chase Becotte

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2024, 04:41 AM   #2
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Limits to Player Editing in EA Sports College Football 25 FAQ

This will be a living document of sorts, just wanted to get it up now in case we get even more dynasty mode info today that maybe clarifies things further.

If you think we misspoke or put anything that doesn't quite align with what you've seen or read elsewhere please let us know, but this is one of those topics near and dear to OS folks' hearts so we thought it should be its own little thread.
Old 05-30-2024, 04:51 AM   #3
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

It will now be interesting to see how many players you can create. I hope they do something similar to MLB The Show or NBA2K where you can create at least a couple of players, then import them over every real player.
#44Syracuse
One's convicted, the other's a born liar.
Instead of George and Reggie, Billy Martin could have been talking about Donald and Joe.
Nov. 5, Choose: None of the Above
Old 05-30-2024, 05:55 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I think I heard from either Matt Brown or Vannini that we couldn't create recruits/prospects either. I could see a potential issue with people recreating opt outs or unlicensed players, especially in online un-private dynasty. It's just unfortunate if we can't create recruits. In the past, there typically wasn't enough variance between recruits at the same positions. I just hope that there is enough different types of recruits. I know I saw that there will be 4000 prospects and 32 5 stars per class. So, I hope that there is good balance.
Old 05-30-2024, 07:39 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I think I heard from either Matt Brown or Vannini that we couldn't create recruits/prospects either. I could see a potential issue with people recreating opt outs or unlicensed players, especially in online un-private dynasty. It's just unfortunate if we can't create recruits. In the past, there typically wasn't enough variance between recruits at the same positions. I just hope that there is enough different types of recruits. I know I saw that there will be 4000 prospects and 32 5 stars per class. So, I hope that there is good balance.
This is a lot like NIL. It would be cool and added features is always good, but at the same time I completely get why they aren't including it.

Tbh - I never did create recruits much, but I know folks did.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2024, 07:55 AM   #6
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

I’ll be fine if we can just edit the equipment on generic players.
Old 05-30-2024, 08:23 AM   #7
Rookie

AirRaid247's Arena

I know we have a slew of equipment options for this game. My only question is can qw edit their equipment? Not a deal breaker but I would love to at least explore all of the equipment options they have on my current roster and "sauce" my players up the way I want.

#FightOn
Old 05-30-2024, 08:38 AM   #8
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

While I never used the create a prospect feature, I did edit recruiting classes using the editors we had up here on OS. I'm all about having as many options as possible. With that being said, I totally get why EA is playing it safe, especially in year 1. I want this game to stick around, and if that means not ever being able to edit the real players until there is a players union then so be it. I do think that we should be able to edit the incoming AI generated players though. If they want to lock player names, even that's fine with me. But, all other info, equipment, and attributes...we should be able to edit to our hearts desire in my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »