Home

Enter Sandman and Jump Around not in the game

This is a discussion on Enter Sandman and Jump Around not in the game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-29-2024, 11:29 AM   #1
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6
Enter Sandman and Jump Around not in the game

I sub to the Athletic, not sure if you need to pay for this article or not or what, ton of info in this article though. Sad those 2 songs aren't in game

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/552...e&redirected=1

Crushing

"While “Enter Sandman” is not in the game, “Zombie Nation,” “Sandstorm,” “Tsunami” and “Mo Bamba” are. We see the Army Corps of Cadets jump up and down for “Tsunami” before kickoff, something the TV broadcast rarely shows. Beaver Stadium plays “Zombie Nation” after Penn State touchdowns. Every school has unique fan chants, as EA acquired thousands of assets from schools and in many cases had staff members replicate the cheers for recording. The studio also recorded 41 real game crowds over the last two years, from big to small programs. And yes, I saw sheet music for an instrumental version of “Neck.”

The capabilities players enjoy before the snap have also grown. You can adjust pass protection to go in a certain direction, an improved process from Madden 24. When calling a hot route, custom stems allow you to adjust how far downfield you want an out route to go. Senior quarterbacks can see more than freshmen, like the possibility of a blitz or a certain kind of defense.

And yes, there are custom playbooks and custom audibles. There’s also a two-minute warning, which will be new to college football this fall. Stadium Pulse is also back, and you can feel the loudest stadiums in the vibrating controller. As in the past, the play art on the field could be difficult to read, and audibles and hot routes may not work, depending on the crowd.

This is where the new Wear and Tear system comes into play. Not all hits are equal, but if a player is taking big hits, certain body parts on a model will turn orange and then red on the play screen to indicate his increased chance of injury. A player’s Strength attribute corresponds with how much impact he can take, and bigger players have more Strength. If you put a small wide receiver at QB and run the option, he’ll be more likely to get injured. The longer the game, the more the injury chances rise.

Last edited by reverend_heat; 05-29-2024 at 11:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2024, 11:52 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Enter Sandman and Jump Around not in the game

Custom playbooks being confirmed in per this is big for me. It has to be a working system unlike Madden, however.

The wear and tear system is exciting. It's not just Madden's progressive fatigue system copied over, thankfully. That's huge and has me very interested. The strength tie-in in simple, but I can dig it.

Really anxious to see what they've done to make seniors vs freshmen feel very different on the field. Composure is big in CFB and I am glad they are leaning into it.

It all sounds great on paper.

― Plato
Old 05-29-2024, 12:18 PM   #3
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0

Bummed. Means Metallica was asking for too much money. Typical Lars behavior. Surprised by Jump Around being too expensive.
Old 05-29-2024, 01:06 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

As a Hokie it sucks but it is what it is. I hope they still have the rest of the entrance intact, just with a different song.
Old 05-29-2024, 01:11 PM   #5
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
As a Hokie it sucks but it is what it is. I hope they still have the rest of the entrance intact, just with a different song.
I know they won't tempt Metallica's oft used legal team, but I really would love for them to do a cover version of Enter Sandman, maybe change some notes and pitches. Covers can technically sidestep copyright lol. Call it 'Enter Dustman'.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2024, 01:15 PM   #6
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Honestly, I'm maybe 1% surprised Virginia Tech didn't front the money to EA Sports to ensure that Enter Sandman got in the game. It is actually iconic and tightly associated with the Hokies' football program.

It's a disappointing and glaring atmospheric omission for sure, but not surprising given how tightly Metallica guards their discography; rather famously, no Metallica songs entered the DLC library for the Rock Band series after the game's first release, and Enter Sandman was frustratingly one of the few tracks which could not be exported from the first game in the series.
Old 05-29-2024, 01:18 PM   #7
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Honestly, I'm maybe 1% surprised Virginia Tech didn't front the money to EA Sports to ensure that Enter Sandman got in the game. It is actually iconic and tightly associated with the Hokies' football program.

It's a disappointing and glaring atmospheric omission for sure, but not surprising given how tightly Metallica guards their discography; rather famously, no Metallica songs entered the DLC library for the Rock Band series after the game's first release, and Enter Sandman was frustratingly one of the few tracks which could not be exported from the first game in the series.
Yep. I mostly blame Lars. He was on a one man mission to destroy streaming services back in the day (and Napster, obviously). It sucks, but I expected it to be honest. Jump Around is also a miss, but that plays between the third and fourth quarter at Wisconsin games so it's not nearly as much of a miss as VT's famous intro. Commonly regarded as one of the best in all of CFB. One of the biggest bummers for me so far, as I'm planning on a VT dynasty.
Old 05-29-2024, 02:09 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

The one I can't find or get confirmation on is Auburn's fight song.

It's never been in the video games due to licensing issues and expense and instead they have used some variation of "Glory, Glory to Ole Auburn" which is primarily used after the PAT. I've asked a few people in DMs just out of curiosity but no luck so far. I guess I will find out when the game releases.

IMO this game could be an easy recruiting tool at least from promoting your brand. Smart schools would have submitted every single thing they could and if they had the means to front the difference in cost they would be smart to do it. There's so many things I learned about CFB as a kid just because of these games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »