Home

My Top Ten Rebuilds in College Football 25

This is a discussion on My Top Ten Rebuilds in College Football 25 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-27-2024, 11:14 AM   #1
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23
My Top Ten Rebuilds in College Football 25

I've watch a lot of videos about the top 10 rebuilds in College Football 25. I figured I do my own here. Share your own. I'll start with 4 that aren't true rebuilds but are teams without a national title in a long time. Maybe the honorable mentions are teams that you go to after you've rebuilt one of the main ten.

I'm doing two top tens. One is from power conferences and the second is from non power conferences so you'll have to decide if you want to start in an easier position or harder one.

Honorable mentions:

Notre Dame: Not a rebuild but they've not won a title since 88. I'm a fan so it would be fun to get them over the hump. I'm a fan so this one is a little bias for me. But I can't in good faith put them in a "rebuild" since they are good, just not good enough.

Tennessee: This program hasn't won one since 98. The last couple of upswing seasons keeps this one from being in the Power 5 top ten list.

Penn State: Year in, year out they are in the mix. Maybe you can finally get them a national title.

Ole Miss: A lot of hype on this team. They've not won a national title since 1962. They will be loaded to start so it won't take you long but it could be fun to make them a power.

Power 5 options

10. Miami: Every year we're told "the U is back" only to see them phase out. Maybe you can return the glory.

9. Arkansas: Program has been a train wreak for years. It could be fun to take them and make them an SEC power.

8. Duke: Duke is a basketball school. Maybe you're the coach that changes that.

7. SMU: The team that received the death penalty finally comes back to national prominence. And having Texas to recruit would be fun. Joining the ACC this year puts them back in a power conference too.

6. Cal: Cal hasn't been relevant in a long time. Bring them back. First year in the ACC will be a good place to start.

5. Stanford: 3 straight 3-9 seasons means they are a terrible squad. It wasn't long ago they were a good team. And joining the ACC this year means you've got a fresh start.

4. Vanderbilt: Vandy has never been good in football. But you could help change that.

3. Georgia Tech: This program hasn't won a title since 90. And they have been an afterthought for years.

2. Nebraska: Once proud program has been an afterthought. Can you be the one to bring them back?

1. Colorado: I see them on the way and won't be as hard before the Coach Prime era started last season. They have a great uniform set too. Colorado is going to be a lot of teams top picks.

The non-Power 5 options:

10. Tulane: They've never been a power but are on an upswing. Can you get them there and maybe even get them back to the SEC where they started?

9. Memphis: Another program on a bit of an upswing. Maybe you can get them moving and into a better conference.

8. Liberty: A newer one on the scene but one that has brought a lot of attention. Keep them moving in the right direction.

7. Boise State: was moving up but while still good not moving like they once were. And they have the cool blue turf.

6. JMU: A rising program that could be a lot of fun to take the keys to the program and keep them growing.

5. Colorado State: You you steal some thunder from Coach Prime in his state? Could be a fun one to run with.

4. East Carolina: This program was once on the rise. Could be fun to get them going again. And another great uniform set.

3. Rice: Another Texas school that would be fun to rebuild. AAC conference has some fun teams.

2. Toledo: Taking an Ohio team and trying to build them in THE Ohio State's backyard could be fun. Could also make a case for Akron, Ohio, Bowling Green for the same reasons.

1. Southern Miss: Southern Miss once had an 18 straight winning season streak. They snapped it by going 0-12. They've not been relevant since. They once dominated teams like Memphis and Tulane that have left them behind. Bringing them back would be fun. And I'm a Southern Miss alumni so of course they're my number one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2024, 02:25 PM   #2
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: My Top Ten Rebuilds in College Football 25

1.)UMass
2.) Akron
3.) Delaware
4.)North Texas
5.)Vandy
6.)UL Monroe
7.)UL Lafayette
8.)S.Alabama
9.)JMU
10.)New Mexico
Old 05-27-2024, 03:11 PM   #3
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Going Out On A Limb Prediction:
Alabama will jump to the top of this list next year when they win 6 games this season.
They're about to go through what Nebraska is going through.
Losses-
@ Wisconsin
Georgia
@ Tennessee
@ Louisiana State
@ Oklahoma
Auburn
#44Syracuse
One's convicted, the other's a born liar.
Instead of George and Reggie, Billy Martin could have been talking about Donald and Joe.
Nov. 5, Choose: None of the Above

Last edited by Ghost Of The Year; 05-27-2024 at 03:18 PM.
Old 05-27-2024, 03:32 PM   #4
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Just wanna say since you shouted out some teams old success, Vandy was a fantastic football team for 70 years. They finished under .500 only 10 times in those 7 decades. In the early 1960’s they fell apart, because of a variety of factors including integration, and the SEC tonal shift away from academics for most programs (which lead to Georgia Tech leaving) but Vandy stuck to their guns, which has hurt them dramatically. That being said, I’m making Jay Cutler my coach and we’re taking Vandy to the CFP some time in the next five seasons!

My top 10 would be focused on ‘rebuilding’ teams that have had success in their past, or recently, but haven’t gotten over the hump or established winning cultures.

10) NC State, consistently a good program. But they cannot manage to win the ACC. Now with the expanded playoff, and dips in programs like Clemson/UNC and Wake back down to earth, it is time for Dave Doeren to finally get to a playoff.

9) Tulane. Once an SEC team (also left cause of academic shift in the 60’s) has a long-standing rivalry with in state LSU, they’ve had a run of recent success that now might be fading due to Willie Fritz’ departure. Could be one of the best G5’s with an obvious path to moving up to a P4 conference if you string some success together.

8) Washington State and/or Oregon State. Left behind in the P12 Armageddon, abandoned by their P5 peers. Show the world (and the corporate networks who conspired to end the conference) the mistake they made. These teams are being counted out, and they have proud century long histories that shouldn’t be forgotten. They may not have been winners all the time, but they deserve better.

7) Rice. A Texas school. Has played UT forever. Long-standing rivalries with a lot of in state opponents. Has an all time W-L under .500 because their academic prowess holds them back. Show Houston who the real boss is. There will be room for them in the B12 if you can turn them into something that matters like no one else has.

6) Boston College. They’re like red uniform Notre Dame. Can Bill O’Brien turn around his hometown program? They have some interesting players after last season. They’re uniquely suited to recruiting an entire geographic area that is underutilized. In one of the larger metros of the United States. They won a national title once.. In 1940.

5) Miami (FL). Obvious answer. People know. The U has been The L for way too long now. I have my doubts Mario Cristobal can actually fulfil their potential in real life, but that shouldn’t stop you in game. Loaded roster.

4) Illinois. Felt like Bielema was gonna get them over the hump a couple years ago. Had an 8 win season for the first time in a long time. But they’ve fallen again. In an expanded, divisionless Big 10, it’ll be harder than ever to make them relevant. But they don’t have a lot of in state competition for recruits (NIU is G5 and Northwestern has strict academics) so you can claim Illinois for the Illini.

3) Vanderbilt. Talked about them up top. They’re my personal first rebuild, but they do have the built in advantage of being in the SEC as a recruiting tool. Just try not to get destroyed by the portal.

2) Arizona. Basketball school. Go win the Big 12 in year 1. Noah Fifita is a baller. Establish a winning culture. Arizona State is down bad as a program, and the Wildcats will be the #1 team in the Arizona/NM region for the foreseeable future. Use that to your advantage.

1) Boise State. They almost did the dang thing a decade ago with Kellen Moore throwing for 5000 yards. They shocked the world in the late 2000’s with their upset of Oklahoma. They consistently went undefeated or won 11 games and got snubbed by the BCS for meaningful bowl games. They just went through a pretty low period, and lost Taylen Green to Arkansas. But the expanded playoff means the time is now. Crush the Mountain West. Upset Oregon? (No way but you can dream.) Win an at large bid. Show the country Big Blue can win a playoff game. That blue field will burn your eyes out of your sockets, but it’ll be worth it when you’re hoisting the trophy after downing Georgia.

They aren’t really in a strict order for me. It’s just kinda 10 teams I’m planning on looking at.
Old 05-27-2024, 04:47 PM   #5
Rookie

Hawaii for me. Rough geographical constraints and wanting to get them back to the June Jones days
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2024, 09:53 PM   #6
Rookie

Razor Hogs's Arena

K State and Auburn are an interesting team for me too.

Again I plan on doing multiple dynasties with multiple teams lol, just really excited for this game to come out.

Arkansas Razorbacks
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions
Old 05-28-2024, 12:07 PM   #7
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
Just wanna say since you shouted out some teams old success, Vandy was a fantastic football team for 70 years. They finished under .500 only 10 times in those 7 decades. In the early 1960’s they fell apart, because of a variety of factors including integration, and the SEC tonal shift away from academics for most programs (which lead to Georgia Tech leaving) but Vandy stuck to their guns, which has hurt them dramatically. That being said, I’m making Jay Cutler my coach and we’re taking Vandy to the CFP some time in the next five seasons!

My top 10 would be focused on ‘rebuilding’ teams that have had success in their past, or recently, but haven’t gotten over the hump or established winning cultures.

10) NC State, consistently a good program. But they cannot manage to win the ACC. Now with the expanded playoff, and dips in programs like Clemson/UNC and Wake back down to earth, it is time for Dave Doeren to finally get to a playoff.

9) Tulane. Once an SEC team (also left cause of academic shift in the 60’s) has a long-standing rivalry with in state LSU, they’ve had a run of recent success that now might be fading due to Willie Fritz’ departure. Could be one of the best G5’s with an obvious path to moving up to a P4 conference if you string some success together.

8) Washington State and/or Oregon State. Left behind in the P12 Armageddon, abandoned by their P5 peers. Show the world (and the corporate networks who conspired to end the conference) the mistake they made. These teams are being counted out, and they have proud century long histories that shouldn’t be forgotten. They may not have been winners all the time, but they deserve better.

7) Rice. A Texas school. Has played UT forever. Long-standing rivalries with a lot of in state opponents. Has an all time W-L under .500 because their academic prowess holds them back. Show Houston who the real boss is. There will be room for them in the B12 if you can turn them into something that matters like no one else has.

6) Boston College. They’re like red uniform Notre Dame. Can Bill O’Brien turn around his hometown program? They have some interesting players after last season. They’re uniquely suited to recruiting an entire geographic area that is underutilized. In one of the larger metros of the United States. They won a national title once.. In 1940.

5) Miami (FL). Obvious answer. People know. The U has been The L for way too long now. I have my doubts Mario Cristobal can actually fulfil their potential in real life, but that shouldn’t stop you in game. Loaded roster.

4) Illinois. Felt like Bielema was gonna get them over the hump a couple years ago. Had an 8 win season for the first time in a long time. But they’ve fallen again. In an expanded, divisionless Big 10, it’ll be harder than ever to make them relevant. But they don’t have a lot of in state competition for recruits (NIU is G5 and Northwestern has strict academics) so you can claim Illinois for the Illini.

3) Vanderbilt. Talked about them up top. They’re my personal first rebuild, but they do have the built in advantage of being in the SEC as a recruiting tool. Just try not to get destroyed by the portal.

2) Arizona. Basketball school. Go win the Big 12 in year 1. Noah Fifita is a baller. Establish a winning culture. Arizona State is down bad as a program, and the Wildcats will be the #1 team in the Arizona/NM region for the foreseeable future. Use that to your advantage.

1) Boise State. They almost did the dang thing a decade ago with Kellen Moore throwing for 5000 yards. They shocked the world in the late 2000’s with their upset of Oklahoma. They consistently went undefeated or won 11 games and got snubbed by the BCS for meaningful bowl games. They just went through a pretty low period, and lost Taylen Green to Arkansas. But the expanded playoff means the time is now. Crush the Mountain West. Upset Oregon? (No way but you can dream.) Win an at large bid. Show the country Big Blue can win a playoff game. That blue field will burn your eyes out of your sockets, but it’ll be worth it when you’re hoisting the trophy after downing Georgia.

They aren’t really in a strict order for me. It’s just kinda 10 teams I’m planning on looking at.
First, thank you for the updated Vandy history. I didn't have the cued up so I'm happy you have them some historical info.

Love your list. Looking forward to to this game!
Old 05-28-2024, 02:04 PM   #8
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

My take and I'll break these up into a few categories as not everyone will realistically want to wait till year 5 to be good.

Power Schools - Quick Rebuilds

3. North Carolina - You've got a elite HB and a recent history of good QB's. You can win the ACC right away and I also like the uniforms. Carolina produce a good amount of recruits and depending on the rules maybe you can join the SEC in a few years.

2. South Carolina - Never won and your in the SEC also your spot in the pecking order just got lowered by 2. A good recruiting area in the south. The reason you want to get them is incoming freak Nyck Harbor who ran faster then Tyreek Hill at 6'5 240.

1. Florida - You have a true freshman QB that's a stud and a brutal schedule. Recruiting is easy in Florida and close to Georgia.

Mid Tier

3. Liberty - I put them here because you have a QB returning who passed for 2,700 yards and rushed for 1,000. Who I think you could potential get 2 years out of. I've heard they will have a fun playbook and won a bunch of games last year. They are also in a good spot for recruiting not all that far from Ohio or the SEC schools

2. Stanford - Might have to come up with some in house rules for the academics and joining the ACC gives you a fresh look

1. SMU - Depending on how NIL works could be them over the top with boosters. You could bring a run heavy offense and bring back the glory days. They are also in the ACC now a winnable conference. Home state in Texas for recruiting

Small Conferences - long rebuilds

3. Air Force / Army - Take your pick of your service academy if you're into the option style teams

2. Louisiana Cajuns - This one is all about recruiting you have the instate and bordering up to Texas. So I think you can find some 2 and 3* gems. Your also close enough to the SEC states to maybe get some leftovers. You can try and schedule LSU every year.

1. Wyoming - Maybe I'm biased toward the Cowboy type culture, but I like their logo and uniforms. Being in the middle of nowhere makes recruiting a challenge. The trailer scored them some points with the statue and some snow games.

Twitter

PS5 ID = BubbasCruise

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »