Home

Really need advise for setting up new Franchise in 24 coming from 21

This is a discussion on Really need advise for setting up new Franchise in 24 coming from 21 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-27-2024, 09:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Really need advise for setting up new Franchise in 24 coming from 21

Hi folks,

I'm coming from 21 using Ridin Full minors. I enjoyed it but it feels outdated in my franchise.
Now I realized that ridin works for the Show and FullMinors Rosters taking so long that I would have to wait till Christmas to play this game.
So I decided to compare Default Rosters to latest live Rosters for some players. And let me tell you .. I'm shocked what they do.
I personally see a Roster update as a tweak to players attributes. To get them closer to what they're really capable of. To reflect that into the game. But what they do is downgrading slumping players and upgrading hot players DRASTICALLY. Imo that is totally wrong. Some examples
They hit Lindor with -5 OVR cause he's slumping the first 8 weeks of ball. Like he often does when it's cold. So what they gonna do if he's hitting .330 in June? Putting him back 92 again?
Like Garrett got +23 on OVR, Henderson a 93 (+5). He already got A potential.. let him grow. George Springer -8 just cause of 8 weeks of bad ball. Blanco from 62 to 76.. what did they do to rate him 62? Rolling the dice?
I just don't think setting up a franchise with live Rosters will get a good result after 2 or 3 years in. And using default has many updated players missing.
It's really hard enough messing with injury and trade sliders to get good results, but now I don't even know where to start to get a realistic decent roster that isn't build up from a seasons snapshot of players performance.

What are you guys using? Edited live Rosters? Default Rosters? or are 90% of you waiting until off-season to play with FullMinors?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2024, 01:04 AM   #2
Rookie

StonewallTexan's Arena

Re: Really need advise for setting up new Franchise in 24 coming from 21

I think the True Sim rosters are probably the most popular/complete, though they do have fairly dramatic rerates compared to default.
(Not inflated, just a different system).
Old 05-28-2024, 10:01 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnubisJudge
Hi folks,

I'm coming from 21 using Ridin Full minors. I enjoyed it but it feels outdated in my franchise.
Now I realized that ridin works for the Show and FullMinors Rosters taking so long that I would have to wait till Christmas to play this game.
So I decided to compare Default Rosters to latest live Rosters for some players. And let me tell you .. I'm shocked what they do.
I personally see a Roster update as a tweak to players attributes. To get them closer to what they're really capable of. To reflect that into the game. But what they do is downgrading slumping players and upgrading hot players DRASTICALLY. Imo that is totally wrong. Some examples
They hit Lindor with -5 OVR cause he's slumping the first 8 weeks of ball. Like he often does when it's cold. So what they gonna do if he's hitting .330 in June? Putting him back 92 again?
Like Garrett got +23 on OVR, Henderson a 93 (+5). He already got A potential.. let him grow. George Springer -8 just cause of 8 weeks of bad ball. Blanco from 62 to 76.. what did they do to rate him 62? Rolling the dice?
I just don't think setting up a franchise with live Rosters will get a good result after 2 or 3 years in. And using default has many updated players missing.
It's really hard enough messing with injury and trade sliders to get good results, but now I don't even know where to start to get a realistic decent roster that isn't build up from a seasons snapshot of players performance.

What are you guys using? Edited live Rosters? Default Rosters? or are 90% of you waiting until off-season to play with FullMinors?
I'd argue to opposite. Ratings should be dynamic. Blanco has a 1.99era over 54 innings pitched. If you keep him at a 62, the cpu probably won't even bring him up to the majors.
Old 05-29-2024, 08:22 AM   #4
Rookie

In that case maybe. Developers in that case just misrated him in default rosters. But that don't work for the others. It is just way way way too much difference for a 8 week picture.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »