Home

Dynasty House Rules (Gameplay)

This is a discussion on Dynasty House Rules (Gameplay) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-25-2024, 02:54 AM   #1
Pro

El_Tercero's Arena

OVR: 0
Dynasty House Rules (Gameplay)

I’ve usually spent my time lately playing mainly online in madden. I’m looking forward to starting an offline dynasty in CFB25.

My main fear with playing vs the cpu is that it could get too easy. But I also know you have to play vs the cpu a little differently. One house rule that I can think of is while I’m on defense I can only control one player on defense for the entire play to keep it more sim style “no switch”. Are there any good or common house rules when it comes to playing vs the cpu?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2024, 03:50 AM   #2
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Dynasty House Rules (Gameplay)

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Tercero
I’ve usually spent my time lately playing mainly online in madden. I’m looking forward to starting an offline dynasty in CFB25.

My main fear with playing vs the cpu is that it could get too easy. But I also know you have to play vs the cpu a little differently. One house rule that I can think of is while I’m on defense I can only control one player on defense for the entire play to keep it more sim style “no switch”. Are there any good or common house rules when it comes to playing vs the cpu?

Honestly won't know until getting hands on the game. The game will have the same engine, but allegedly play different from Madden. So, it would be hard to say at this point.
Old 05-25-2024, 08:35 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Tercero

I do "no switch" like you but I rotate the position group each drive im allowed to control. 1st drive I can only control Dline, 2nd LBs, 3rd Secondary. Also, If I decide to start a freshman QB I player lock on skill position players on offense and not control the Freshman QB. But I agree, I wont be able to carry over everything until I see how the game does play.
Old 05-25-2024, 08:36 AM   #4
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Yes it’s hard to say until the game comes out. One of the biggest things I do in madden which should carry over to this game is the play limit settings. Also k rarely ever call 4 verts.

Twitter

PS5 ID = BubbasCruise
Old 05-25-2024, 11:35 AM   #5
Rookie

I’d like to see a setting you can switch on/off for the ability to switch players after the snap. You could start out at any position on defense but after the snap you are locked in to that guy until the end of the play. It would definitely make the game a bit harder on D
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2024, 12:02 PM   #6
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

I normally did the no switching while ball in the air on off and def.

In NCAA 14 as the head coach, I also used the ask coach option as a way to "role play" that the off/def coordinator were calling the plays.

Recruiting wise. I tend to only recruit the amount of seniors +3 to cover potential underclassmen leaving, and would only cut new recruits if I had to make cuts.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 05-25-2024, 12:20 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 19

JoshC mentioned this years ago & it really had me pivot my thinking so I can get the most out of my gaming experience.

He stated “gamers need to take ownership surrounding their gaming experience”

One bad thing I was doing that I see a lot of gamers do is take previous issues & apply them to a game I hadn’t even played yet.

This lead to once the game was in my hands, I went actively looking for the issues, instead of just playing this new version of the game for what it was.

I wasn’t playing the game, I was looking to confirm perceived previous issues.

I see a lot of gamers on Twitter (X) killing their College Football experience before it’s even released, following this same ideology.

Just off the CFB25 trailer reveal, they’re looking for Madden issues in a “new” College Football game

All ready, some gamers are applying what they did in Madden in preparation for release and that’s crazy

I’m going to let CFB25 speak for itself& what gaming experience it provides.

Be careful you don’t kill your CFB25 experience before you even get the game
Old 05-25-2024, 12:41 PM   #8
Pro

El_Tercero's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
JoshC mentioned this years ago & it really had me pivot my thinking so I can get the most out of my gaming experience.

He stated “gamers need to take ownership surrounding their gaming experience”

One bad thing I was doing that I see a lot of gamers do is take previous issues & apply them to a game I hadn’t even played yet.

This lead to once the game was in my hands, I went actively looking for the issues, instead of just playing this new version of the game for what it was.

I wasn’t playing the game, I was looking to confirm perceived previous issues.

I see a lot of gamers on Twitter (X) killing their College Football experience before it’s even released, following this same ideology.

Just off the CFB25 trailer reveal, they’re looking for Madden issues in a “new” College Football game

All ready, some gamers are applying what they did in Madden in preparation for release and that’s crazy

I’m going to let CFB25 speak for itself& what gaming experience it provides.

Be careful you don’t kill your CFB25 experience before you even get the game

This is a good point forsure but I don’t think I’m killing my experience. I was just looking for advice from the guys who spent a lot of time playing vs the cpu. I know this game will be different and we don’t know anything about gameplay yet which I’m looking forward. But I was asking mainly from a football video game perspective as I know humans can easily “cheese” the cpu. I’m just trying to get the gist of how most guys play offline to get the most out of your experience that’s all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »