Home

Is it me or is it broken?

This is a discussion on Is it me or is it broken? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-11-2024, 12:44 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is it me or is it broken?

It seems when I do anything to my Franchise team like send someone down to AAA and bring a person up to the majors, they only stay there while i am playing the game. Once I sign off and go back into the game to play another game it all has been set back.
I can even change the equipment on one of my players and it does the same thing. I can put a RP as my closer but then the next time I play, they are the LRP.
Everything is fine until I get oof and go back and play again. I am saving it in my file. I never had a problem when playing Show 23.
The other thing is Ican never set the lineup for my minor league team and the only option I have is to click the square button to auto set it.
What it seems like to me is the game is not saving my changes, is this happening to any of you all?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2024, 04:00 PM   #2
Rookie

Barzalmode's Arena

Re: Is it me or is it broken?

It might be that your GM tasks (or whatever they're called in MLBTS) are set to Auto instead of Manual.

Go to Options (the sprocket looking icon)

User Settings,

Mode Specific

And see what everything is set to.
Old 04-12-2024, 09:50 AM   #3
Rookie

I went in and checked my setting in Mode Specific. All mine were set to manual. Yesterday, I had edited a few players on the Orioles ( my franchise team) . Like having some begin wearing batting gloves, some not having the socks on but pants that are long. I changed their glove colors, YET! when i signed back on they all went back to what they were before I changed them.
I have doubled, tripled checked that I am saving every change and it stays that way until I sign off and go back to play another game.
Old 04-12-2024, 10:26 AM   #4
Rookie

Barzalmode's Arena

Ok, so is the save working as far as advancing the day?

Meaning, if you advanced a few days, say from the 12th to the 15th, when you loaded the game again, you're on the 15th and not the 12th? That much works properly, yes?
Old 04-12-2024, 01:05 PM   #5
Rookie

Yes, it saves everything but what I have mentioned above.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2024, 01:26 PM   #6
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddywaters59
I went in and checked my setting in Mode Specific. All mine were set to manual. Yesterday, I had edited a few players on the Orioles ( my franchise team) . Like having some begin wearing batting gloves, some not having the socks on but pants that are long. I changed their glove colors, YET! when i signed back on they all went back to what they were before I changed them.
I have doubled, tripled checked that I am saving every change and it stays that way until I sign off and go back to play another game.
Another thing to double check, just make sure that the profile you are editing in the Mode Specific Menu is the one assigned to the teams in your Franchise.
Old 04-12-2024, 01:27 PM   #7
MVP

I wisely avoided buying mlbts 24 so it's possible they introduced a bug into the game that wasn't there last year.

Check all of your settings to make sure you don't have anything set to auto. That should fix it unless the developers messed it up this year.
Old 04-12-2024, 01:40 PM   #8
MVP

forme95's Arena

No, this game is the perfect product. Ask any one on OS, they will tell you.

I dont have 24 (thank god), but could it be something in settings that is set to auto? That does seem like a weird bug. I also have seen this mentioned in a few other places.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »