Home

This was weird - signing draft picks

This is a discussion on This was weird - signing draft picks within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-24-2024, 09:10 AM   #1
All Star

OVR: 0
This was weird - signing draft picks

I offered a draft pick the exact amount he was asking and not only did he turn down the offer but he is no longer available for me to sign. Apparently I offended him by offering him what he asked for.

Convoluted and completely unrealistic. The only positive I see about the new system is there are a few players with the potential to become stars. They could have done that and left the previous scouting and signing system in place.
Old 03-24-2024, 09:52 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: This was weird - signing draft picks

Did you go to the next available signing window? He should be there and you can offer him more.
Old 03-24-2024, 12:50 PM   #3
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireWF
Did you go to the next available signing window? He should be there and you can offer him more.
This. They usually won’t flat out refuse to sign with you. My buddy is on business in Columbia this weekend and I was house sitting for him. He has the game and I decided to fire it up and run a test franchise. One thing I am noticing is that like 2-5 teams are not signing their high picks which could be a problem this year
Old 03-24-2024, 01:54 PM   #4
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireWF
I went to the next available signing and offered him exactly what he asked for. That's when he quit. They should have simply added the new and improved players and left the old draft and scouting system in place.

The idea that one MLB scout only scouts one player a week is ridiculous. I live in Columbia MO. I've attended games sitting near a MLB scout. He may be there to scout a Dansby Swanson or Andrew Heaney but he also is scouting other players on both teams. The idea that you offer a prospect exactly what he is asking for and he turns it down and quits negotiating is also ridiculous. The previous system was far more realistic and far easier to navigate.
Old 03-24-2024, 02:08 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 4

Delete.please wrong link
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2024, 02:13 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

https://youtu.be/S-SpYD7BpQs?si=PD32AKJwK_DOkCK-

Let's try this again. Best video on scouting and drafting I've found, also never had an issue signing any of my prospects following this drafting method because their interest in signing with you is usually soo high

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2024, 02:49 PM   #7
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis135
https://youtu.be/S-SpYD7BpQs?si=PD32AKJwK_DOkCK-

Let's try this again. Best video on scouting and drafting I've found, also never had an issue signing any of my prospects following this drafting method because their interest in signing with you is usually soo high

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk
Thank you. Excellent information. I'm guessing that also applies to mlbts23. I don't intend to buy 24.
Old 03-24-2024, 03:26 PM   #8
Persona Non Grata

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I offered a draft pick the exact amount he was asking and not only did he turn down the offer but he is no longer available for me to sign. Apparently I offended him by offering him what he asked for.

Convoluted and completely unrealistic. The only positive I see about the new system is there are a few players with the potential to become stars. They could have done that and left the previous scouting and signing system in place.
So this is with MLBT23?
#44Syracuse

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »