Home

Hard xp lock is beyond stupid.

This is a discussion on Hard xp lock is beyond stupid. within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-20-2024, 11:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Hard xp lock is beyond stupid.

I can understand some diminishing returns maybe. But earn ZERO. Great job making people turn off the game. I'm not even that good. Guess next time I plan my off time with something else. Stupid stupid stupid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2024, 11:26 AM   #2
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Hard xp lock is beyond stupid.

I know this is specific to DD...

I hear you but there's a lot of precedent in other card collecting modes where program/battle pass progress is "gated" by the developer. This is intended to prevent people from 'cheesing' modes (which will always be an issue - some people will always look for exploits).

I think where SDS' execution has fallen short is that the user has no visibility to your daily status on XP gains until you've hit the cap; so when you hit it, it's quite jarring. I've personally not hit it, but you're definitely not alone in encountering it.

There's plenty to do in DD beyond making XP progress in the main program. You can work on PXP missions, Team Affinity, or other mode-specific goals that function independent of the main program.

------------------------------------
Now, this is not feasible to change course for the first program; but I really think that a better solution than general in-game XP would be using a series of DD-only missions that would grant the XP. Those missions would be rolled-out weekly and could tie into the other programs as well. This would be very similar to how NBA 2k handles main program/seasonal progression in their mode.
Old 03-20-2024, 07:41 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I haven't played in a few years. But a few years ago you had different paths to work on. That was much better. And xp got nerfed, but not to nothing. Why work on team affinity if I'm getting nothing? The only thing I found to do is storylines and conquest (without playing games). Luckily payoff pitch came out today finally, so something else to do if I hit cap.
Old 03-21-2024, 06:29 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 0

The cap is wwwwwaaaaaayyyyyyy too short

I hit it Saturday and Sunday by just gradually playing conquest maps and nothing else. They're either giving us too much xp for playing or the cap is too low but it needs to be adjusted.

If you're playing max elevation on rookie and hitting hr against the cpu every at bat okay but casually just playing moments and conquest you should not hit a cap in like 8 hrs of daily playing time
Old 03-21-2024, 10:22 AM   #5
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValhallaVikings
The cap is wwwwwaaaaaayyyyyyy too short

I hit it Saturday and Sunday by just gradually playing conquest maps and nothing else. They're either giving us too much xp for playing or the cap is too low but it needs to be adjusted.

If you're playing max elevation on rookie and hitting hr against the cpu every at bat okay but casually just playing moments and conquest you should not hit a cap in like 8 hrs of daily playing time
I agree with having a cap, but you’re right that it’s too low. I hit the cap a couple times over the weekend just doing conquests and events. Maybe they don’t want it as high as last year, which was pretty high, but they went too low this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »