Home

21 vs 23 vs 24?

This is a discussion on 21 vs 23 vs 24? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-20-2024, 05:59 AM   #1
Rookie

Nicker_Bopper's Arena

OVR: 0
21 vs 23 vs 24?

The last edition of the game I bought was 21 for PS5. After reading through the forums, I’m trying to figure out the major differences between these three versions and whether or not it’s time to upgrade.

I’m primarily and franchise player, and I understand that the mode hasn’t gotten any attention. What about the on field aspect of the game? Which would you prefer?

Should I just stick with 21, upgrade to 23 for $30, or go with the new upgrade to 24 for $70?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2024, 06:21 AM   #2
Pro

Re: 21 vs 23 vs 24?

Upgrade to 23
Old 03-20-2024, 06:43 AM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicker_Bopper
The last edition of the game I bought was 21 for PS5. After reading through the forums, I’m trying to figure out the major differences between these three versions and whether or not it’s time to upgrade.

I’m primarily and franchise player, and I understand that the mode hasn’t gotten any attention. What about the on field aspect of the game? Which would you prefer?

Should I just stick with 21, upgrade to 23 for $30, or go with the new upgrade to 24 for $70?
Franchise mode has actually gotten several updates since '21:

* new draft that includes slotted value ('23)
* new scouting ('23)
* draft lottery ('23)
* Prospect Promotion Incentive ('24)
* Awards history listed on players card
* Top Prospect Breakdown by Top 100, Top 20 Organizational, Top Positional Players ('24)
* Ability to trade arbitration and contract renewable players in offseason ('24)

Besides that, presentation (minus not having MLB Network) and on the field gameplay is far superior in '24 versus '21 and is better than '23. Plus you have updated lighting as well as better looking caps/faces for all players.

If you're going to upgrade, I'd suggest going with '24. If not, then stick with '21.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 03-20-2024 at 09:03 AM.
Old 03-20-2024, 06:57 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballguy99
Upgrade to 23
This is such silly advice unless OP is on a tight budget and his main consideration is how to save the most money.

However, he’s asking about a baseball game and presumably hes interested in getting the best one.

Despite the hive mind that SDS sucks and never improves anything, MLB 24 is objectively an improvement over MLB 23, even if it doesn’t have as many franchise improvements as everyone would like.

But in addition to the list of improvements countryboy gave, the hair physics and way better face models, has players you start with and that you draft in subsequent years looking much better than in v23 (and even more so than in v21)
Old 03-20-2024, 07:01 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 4

Custom game entry is also new for v24 if you like to jump in and out of quick partial games.

The ticker is also better/more immersive in v24 with some new info on prospects and trade block players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2024, 09:58 AM   #6
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

^ 24!…….!!
Old 03-20-2024, 10:00 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwalk
This is such silly advice unless OP is on a tight budget and his main consideration is how to save the most money.

However, he’s asking about a baseball game and presumably hes interested in getting the best one.

Despite the hive mind that SDS sucks and never improves anything, MLB 24 is objectively an improvement over MLB 23, even if it doesn’t have as many franchise improvements as everyone would like.

But in addition to the list of improvements countryboy gave, the hair physics and way better face models, has players you start with and that you draft in subsequent years looking much better than in v23 (and even more so than in v21)

Silly advice is your opinion. If you actually look at bang for the buck 23 is the better option IMO.

No need to attack calling things “silly”. You don’t know the OPs financial situation
Old 03-20-2024, 10:03 AM   #8
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

You'll get a variety of answers here no doubt. I loved '23, but '24 is a better game. Best of the bunch so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »