Home

Has it finally happened

This is a discussion on Has it finally happened within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-13-2024, 12:22 PM   #1
Rookie

Bgrd1080's Arena

OVR: 1
Has it finally happened

Noticing a lot of the regular contributors to franchise mode are contemplating not making the switch this year. I've always wondered when the point of investment in a particular save would overcome the new features of franchise mode and this sounds like the year.
Dragster is still on 23 with The Nats, CB is invested in his Cardinals, BigJ's got a whole new universe created.

So has me wondering is SDS just not doing enough or have we gotten to a point where the games reached a good enough point where the franchise has achieved a point where folks are fully stuck in and can't bare to leave their current iteration and fantasy world?
Think this is all the proof needed for Y2Y saves to finally comeback. Not sure how hard that is to do but hope to see it again in the future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2024, 12:25 PM   #2
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Has it finally happened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgrd1080
Noticing a lot of the regular contributors to franchise mode are contemplating not making the switch this year. I've always wondered when the point of investment in a particular save would overcome the new features of franchise mode and this sounds like the year.
Dragster is still on 23 with The Nats, CB is invested in his Cardinals, BigJ's got a whole new universe created.

So has me wondering is SDS just not doing enough or have we gotten to a point where the games reached a good enough point where the franchise has achieved a point where folks are fully stuck in and can't bare to leave their current iteration and fantasy world?
Think this is all the proof needed for Y2Y saves to finally comeback. Not sure how hard that is to do but hope to see it again in the future.
I've been on OS for like 14 years as a franchise player and I'm getting '24 on Friday morning.
Old 03-13-2024, 12:26 PM   #3
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

OVR: 0

Not gonna lie. I think if I had a franchise on 23 I was totally invested in I would probably….maybe be skipping this year. 23’ was so enjoyable to me but I couldn’t stick with one team all year.
NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS
Old 03-13-2024, 12:37 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I've always been a bit of an anomaly since I like starting fresh with each new game. But I skipped 22 because of how invested I was in my 21 franchise. And if I had gotten invested in my 23 franchise, I'd probably skip 24.

If the game/mode hasn't really changed much, hard to arguing against staying with the version and franchise you know and love.

That being said, I'm still pretty excited about 24. Hoping to get invested enough in my franchise with it that I skip 25.
Old 03-13-2024, 12:38 PM   #5
Pro

IndianSummer's Arena

I am straddling the fence again this year as I recently started a franchise that I am really enjoying and without Y2Y you can’t just roll over to the new version plus I haven’t really seen anything new that has blown my skirt up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2024, 12:42 PM   #6
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

Even if that is so it does not hurt SDS sales at all. The fraction of players who buy the game and focus on franchise I believe to be small based on what most say around here.
NHL: New York Rangers
NCAAFOOTBALL: Miami Hurricanes
NCAABASKETBALL: Duke Blue Devils
Old 03-13-2024, 12:47 PM   #7
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendKillerOne
Even if that is so it does not hurt SDS sales at all. The fraction of players who buy the game and focus on franchise I believe to be small based on what most say around here.
Yep.

Now that its on Switch and XBox, anyone who jumps off the wagon gets replaced easily.

Just like the football game..
Old 03-13-2024, 12:50 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I think it is more so stagnation with the series that has more people leaning towards skipping this year than it is the game has just gotten that good.

Compare franchise mode in The Show to Madden and Madden has, honestly, a deeper mode.

Now, compare The Show's franchise mode to what 2k has done with NBA 2k and it isn't even a competition.

I think that's where a lot of frustrations lie, especially for myself. Yes, the stagnation of the graphics is disappointing and a visual representation of where this game stands, but I could easily live with the graphics being PS3 quality like they are if SDS offered a franchise experience that was even close to what 2k offers in NBA 2k.

We thought when March to October was introduced it was them building a new franchise mode foundation and eventually the modes would merge essentially. That's not really been the case. Instead, both modes seem to somewhat rival each other and it's led to less improvements to franchise mode over time while M2O has also not really significantly improved either.

Maybe SDS is building franchise mode from the ground up, or has something up their sleeve for next year that will wow us, but the last few years have definitely been a bit disappointing with regards to franchise improvements and I think the frustrations have just built up for many longtime fans like myself.

If Y2Y saves were still around, it would soften the blow each year. You could continue your experience while getting all the gameplay improvements. Sadly, that isn't the case and we haven't ever really been given a good explanation as to why they were removed. It certainly wasn't because franchise mode was changing so much year to year as we've found out.

For a season as long as baseball's is, it's hard to convince people to buy the newer version when the additions to the game aren't high in number and they also can't bring over their franchise like they could in the past.

As someone who is only going to play the game due to GamePass and wouldn't have bought it otherwise this year or the last couple, I'd be in a different boat if Y2Y saves were still in. I'd be willing to put in the effort to fix CPU bullpens and play the game more if I could take my franchise progress with me to each new release.

Since I can't and I have to restart, SDS simply isn't improving the areas of the game that matter enough to me to outweigh that.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »