Home

Trying Something New This Year Question

This is a discussion on Trying Something New This Year Question within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-12-2024, 01:15 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
Trying Something New This Year Question

Hey guys, I have always played my seasons with 30 team control and followed real life day to day injuries. I would do the transactions daily before each game. Although I have always enjoyed it this way I thought about trying something new. This season I was thinking about letting injuries play out on their own in my own franchise. My questions are: Do the injuries happen realistically and for realistic duration etc? Also is there an option to do only MLB transactions if i still do 30 team control, or do I have to do the minors as well? Thanks in advance and would like to hear others opinions.
Come on Friday! Excited to see if I can manage my Royals to the Postseason with some of their offseason pickups!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2024, 01:27 PM   #2
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Trying Something New This Year Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgreer
Hey guys, I have always played my seasons with 30 team control and followed real life day to day injuries. I would do the transactions daily before each game. Although I have always enjoyed it this way I thought about trying something new. This season I was thinking about letting injuries play out on their own in my own franchise. My questions are: Do the injuries happen realistically and for realistic duration etc? Also is there an option to do only MLB transactions if i still do 30 team control, or do I have to do the minors as well? Thanks in advance and would like to hear others opinions.
Come on Friday! Excited to see if I can manage my Royals to the Postseason with some of their offseason pickups!
There are a variety of injury durations, whether its realistic is debatable because it is a video game so it's never going to be completely like real life . There is also an injury slider that will make them happen more or less frequently.

I'm pretty sure you set the other teams to "manual" using 30 team control and its for all levels of the CPU teams. But when you get messages that a CPU AAA team lineup needs fixing, you can "auto" fix it each time if you don't care about their minor league lineups.
Old 03-12-2024, 01:57 PM   #3
Rookie

Pirate's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
During the pandemic, I chose to quit trying to replicate reality in MLB The Show and have never looked back. Embracing the fantasy world I was playing in was great because there was no baseball and it allowed me to enjoy the game again. Before this, I had finished two complete seasons of baseball video games despite having played consistently since Ken Griffey on the SNES. I have completed at least one season since except last year as I skipped The Show. I will be back this year not worrying about keeping things real and letting the CPU do its thing.
Old 03-12-2024, 03:23 PM   #4
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate
During the pandemic, I chose to quit trying to replicate reality in MLB The Show and have never looked back. Embracing the fantasy world I was playing in was great because there was no baseball and it allowed me to enjoy the game again. Before this, I had finished two complete seasons of baseball video games despite having played consistently since Ken Griffey on the SNES. I have completed at least one season since except last year as I skipped The Show. I will be back this year not worrying about keeping things real and letting the CPU do its thing.
Similar boat here. The first season is the hardest, but once you’re through it, and accept that it’s a different world, it’s so much more enjoyable.

Made it 4 seasons into an A’s franchise, and having my draft picks make it to the majors was so rewarding. I would have kept going (I may bounce back…), but I just had a huge itch to jump back with the jays.

I’m still playing ‘22 on PS4 Fwiw

2023 Blue Jays Franchise: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=791592061 (Paused)
Old 03-12-2024, 03:54 PM   #5
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
I was playing the same way until it became too much of a time constraint to constantly update daily transactions. (I actually play NBA 2K this way still but there are waaaaay less transactions every day).

Last year was my first year just letting the Franchise play out. The only transactions I would do manually were trades. I actually did Manual injuries for my team to keep up with real life injuries and let the CPU handle all injuries for the other teams. The only problem is the quantity of injuries. There is a limit to how many players can be inured per level (I think it's 5 or 6) so you'll never see those 1 or 2 teams that seem to be in the league every year that just have injuries pile up. I also feel like I saw very little bullpen injuries. Most of them were position players and starting pitchers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2024, 05:44 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlliesPhan6
I was playing the same way until it became too much of a time constraint to constantly update daily transactions. (I actually play NBA 2K this way still but there are waaaaay less transactions every day).

Last year was my first year just letting the Franchise play out. The only transactions I would do manually were trades. I actually did Manual injuries for my team to keep up with real life injuries and let the CPU handle all injuries for the other teams. The only problem is the quantity of injuries. There is a limit to how many players can be inured per level (I think it's 5 or 6) so you'll never see those 1 or 2 teams that seem to be in the league every year that just have injuries pile up. I also feel like I saw very little bullpen injuries. Most of them were position players and starting pitchers.
I only did transactions for real life injuries and not regular callups/send downs. Much easier and quicker

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »