Home

Franchise Mode- Rainouts/Doubleheaders

This is a discussion on Franchise Mode- Rainouts/Doubleheaders within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-08-2024, 09:26 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Franchise Mode- Rainouts/Doubleheaders

How hard can this be to add? I mean this happens multiple times every season. Baffling, would add such a nice interesting wrinkle and challenge to franchise mode. Managing the pen and rotation, starting 9 etc etc in games leading up to and after the doubleheaders. Make weather a more integral part of the mode. for example, maybe get a weather report every pre game. Like - weather looks clear, or light rain expected-should not affect game, or heavy rain expected to start after game time, suspended/cxld game likely, or heavy rain forecast for tomorrow, rainout likely then etc etc. They did a 1/4 measure with adding the pretty much pointless rain delays a few years back, why not add this for true realism?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2024, 09:28 AM   #2
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise Mode- Rainouts/Doubleheaders

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus95
How hard can this be to add? I mean this happens multiple times every season. Baffling, would add such a nice interesting wrinkle and challenge to franchise mode. Managing the pen and rotation, starting 9 etc etc in games leading up to and after the doubleheaders. Make weather a more integral part of the mode. for example, maybe get a weather report every pre game. Like - weather looks clear, or light rain expected-should not affect game, or heavy rain expected to start after game time, suspended/cxld game likely, or heavy rain forecast for tomorrow, rainout likely then etc etc. They did a 1/4 measure with adding the pretty much pointless rain delays a few years back, why not add this for true realism?
Well let me put it this way. They still do not let you edit coaches and some games have been doing that for almost 10 years now. So. I do not think its they are not able to do it. I just think they either don't want to as I am sure it can be complex or really do not see the value in adding it.

Last edited by LegendKillerOne; 03-08-2024 at 09:32 AM.
Old 03-08-2024, 09:30 AM   #3
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus95
1) its most likely a LOT harder to add than you're alluding. It would force the schedule to have to adjust itself on a regular basis for every team involved.

2) probably a very low priority as far as what gamers would be asking for. I'm sure a very small number of people are clamoring for rainouts and checking weather.
Old 03-08-2024, 09:31 AM   #4
Rookie

I'm no game developer so I could be off base here but this has struck me as something that would be incredibly difficult to do. It would require a full scale change to a scheduling system that isn't inherently dynamic.

I wish it were easy, it'd be awesome, but if it's as challenging as I suspect I can't blame them for not doing it tbh
Old 03-08-2024, 09:33 AM   #5
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar0725
1) its most likely a LOT harder to add than you're alluding. It would force the schedule to have to adjust itself on a regular basis for every team involved.

2) probably a very low priority as far as what gamers would be asking for. I'm sure a very small number of people are clamoring for rainouts and checking weather.
very low priority for sure. thought it would be neat to see if you had a double header and the player plays in both games they are super tired for the next game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2024, 09:38 AM   #6
Rookie

CarolinaBlue02's Arena

They clearly dont want to. I mean there are so many things they could do to make the game; especially franchise, much better but choose not to.

Rain outs
day/night DHs
Weather reports/studio updates
customize managers/schedules/season length
ejections
AI bullpen logic
more trade slots
more opt out options

So many more...
Old 03-08-2024, 09:42 AM   #7
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBlue02
They clearly dont want to. I mean there are so many things they could do to make the game; especially franchise, much better but choose not to.

Rain outs
day/night DHs
ejections
AI bullpen logic
more trade slots
more opt out options

So many more...
Correct, they choose not to, for a variety of reasons. Mostly due to these not being worth the undertaking it would require to make them work.
Old 03-08-2024, 09:46 AM   #8
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBlue02

Rain outs
day/night DHs
ejections
AI bullpen logic
more trade slots
more opt out options

So many more...
I feel like a lot of these things they would need to totally redo the code from the group up in franchise mode to add. Do they really want to rewrite the entire code? Not sure. That is a lot of work. Maybe for ps6? who knows.
NHL: New York Rangers
NCAAFOOTBALL: Miami Hurricanes
NCAABASKETBALL: Duke Blue Devils

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »