Home

Recommendation: PGA Tour 2K23 or EA Sports PGA Tour?

This is a discussion on Recommendation: PGA Tour 2K23 or EA Sports PGA Tour? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-01-2024, 01:27 PM   #1
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36
Recommendation: PGA Tour 2K23 or EA Sports PGA Tour?

I'm in the market for a new golf game. I'm a very casual golf gamer and the last two golf games that I played were Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 and Everybody's Golf on PS4. (Yes, I'm a little behind the times on golf gaming.) I've never been much of a golfer or watched it until recently. I've started following some of the PGA events as of late (credit FanDuel for sparking an interest) and I've been itching to buy a golf game for a few months now.

Let me add a little more info here. I'm about to turn 48 years old. I have 4 children (age 16, 13, 3, and 2...I'm remarried and my wife is 12 years younger, lol). Anyway, my gaming time is limited as my sons are both involved in a lot of baseball and I do some coaching. Also, with the little ones at home, by the time bedtime rolls around I'm as tired as they are. With that being said, I'm looking for a golf game to squeeze into my MLB, Madden and NBA 2K gaming rotation. I'm not looking for anything too deep, but I would like a game to play a simple career on that isn't too hard considering my amateur golf status. Which game do you recommend? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2024, 01:50 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Recommendation: PGA Tour 2K23 or EA Sports PGA Tour?

Probably EA based on the information you've given. It's certainly a more "relaxed" game then 2K and provides a better career mode then 2K's offering. As far as actual golf is concerned, I would say 2K plays a better game of golf then EA, but that also means it's far more frustrating then EA's offering. If your just looking for a casual game to be able to throw on at night and get a round or two in on career mode, EA would be your game
Old 03-01-2024, 01:57 PM   #3
MVP

Probably EA game if looking for something casual, and also if you really enjoyed TW14

Might wait for a sale though

(wish I could gift my two copies to someone somehow ... such a waste)
Old 03-01-2024, 02:00 PM   #4
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

If career mode is what you'll be playing, then EA PGA is the way to go - if for no other reason than because EA has the four majors in it.
Old 03-01-2024, 02:39 PM   #5
All Star

OVR: 13

Yep, agree with the comments above. I think you'd have a better time with the EA game, as it seems more like "golf on TV" if that makes sense. It's fun for what it is, and it isn't really too serious of a golf game (it's definitely not a simulation). If you've played prior Tiger Woods games, you'll feel pretty much at home with the EA game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
Probably EA game if looking for something casual, and also if you really enjoyed TW14

Might wait for a sale though

(wish I could gift my two copies to someone somehow ... such a waste)
Physical media for the win!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2024, 08:13 AM   #6
Rookie

Agree on the EA game. Both games have their warts but I think you'll have more fun with the EA game, and with the proper settings it can be quite a challenge...especially if you have not grown up with a joystick in your hand.

It does have a nice career mode and the 4 majors...

Old 03-03-2024, 09:00 AM   #7
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Last I knew, 2k had a trial if your on PlayStation. 2k is great for a casual experience, but if you want a tournament atmosphere go with ea. But honestly, if money isn’t an issue get both. Both offer an equal enjoyable experience.
Old 03-03-2024, 02:57 PM   #8
MVP

lowpaiddonkey10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
If career mode is what you'll be playing, then EA PGA is the way to go - if for no other reason than because EA has the four majors in it.

If for no other reason than EA has an actual career mode at all. 2k's career mode is laughable. IF you have the time to try to get at least halfway decent and are OK with just playing solo rounds on some pretty nice courses go for 2k23. There are hundreds of good created courses EA has like 30 or so. 2k also has a real live 3 click mode that at Legend is quite the challenge.

Unless you have a good PC or current gen console and have a 4k display you really can't play EA and appreciate the visuals at all. Believe me I tried to play it on the PS5 through a decent 1080 panel and it looked dreadful.

Last edited by lowpaiddonkey10; 03-03-2024 at 03:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »