Home

MSFS "Career Mode" For XBOX

This is a discussion on MSFS "Career Mode" For XBOX within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-14-2024, 06:48 PM   #1
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1
MSFS "Career Mode" For XBOX

I came up with an idea for how to immerse yourself in somewhat of a "career mode" on MSFS without being on PC. I know that on PC there's many ways to do this but none are really compatible with Xbox. So I decided to use what the game gives us and make one up for myself. The only caveat is that you will have to track all your progress and money on your own. This could be very intimidating for some people. I'm personally taking a spiral notebook, using the first few pages front and back in order to track my money. Then on about page 5 I will list all the goals I need and keep track on what I've done so far. On the proceeding pages I will log every single flight I take. What is the flight logging towards? How long did it take me from take-off to landing? Where did the flight take place? How many people were on board? Was there a transaction(s) involved? These are the things I will be jotting down. Without further ado, here's my template.

MSFS Career Ideas
Private Pilot License (~-$15,000)
- Basic Handling Training Program.
- Take-Off & Landing Training Program.
- VFR Navigation Training Program.
- IFR Navigation Training Program.
- Must complete 5 landing challenges in small planes, including one "Strong Wind" challenge.
- You must get at least a B on every training part, as well as all 5 landing challenges to obtain PPL.
- You pay back the $15k by doing Bush Trips for the company that trained you.

Bush Pilot License (~-$3,000)
- Bush Pilot Training Program (Must Obtain at least a B in each part).
- ~$99-$300/person on flight depending on location (you get 33% of total). Ex. 4 guests in Miami, I would charge $250 each. That’s $1,000 total, you get 33% or $333.
- Game provides 35 bush trips which should get you right to 50 hours if not more. You can also find some iconic locations in the 40th anniversary challenges, be creative with these. You could even make your own.
- After 50 flight hours (200 hours IRL if you want a real challenge) you can apply for Commercial Pilot License.
- Make sure to track hours from training as this counts towards your flight hours.

Commercial Airline Pilot (~-$55,000)
- 50 flight hours between training and bush trips. (200 for a real challenge).
- Must get an A on both Airline Training Programs to obtain CPL.
- Once the Airline Training Program is complete, you must complete 5 landing challenges, all in Airliners. One of the 5 challenges must be a “Strong Wind” challenge. These landing challenges will simulate you being a Co-Pilot and having to land the plane. You must get at least a B on all 5 challenges.
- Once you pass all the steps you will obtain your CPL and start to get paid to fly a commercial airliner all across the world.
- Year 1 - 2 Flights per month - 24 total - ~$70,000 for the full year.
- Years 2-5 - 1.5 Flights per month - 18 total per year - ~$150,000 per year.
- Years 6-10 - 1 Flight per month - 12 total per year - ~$225,000 per year.
- Years 11-15 - 0.75 Flights per month - 9 total per year - ~$350,000 per year.
- Years 15-20 - 0.5 Flights per month - 6 total per year - ~$500,000 per year.
- Years 20+ - 0.5 Flights per month - 6 total per year - ~$700,000 per year.

Private Jet Charter Company
- Must own your own plane to start company.
- You make ~$3,000-$15,000 per hour depending on size and quality of plane.
- You must take money out of your account in order to buy fuel (use local average for fuel price).
- Each flight costs you $300 upfront for routine maintenance of plane.

Government Freelancer
- Must first obtain Commercial Pilot License
- Must first obtain an A in all 3 F/A-18E Training Programs before getting to work.
- (5) Low Altitude Challenges are for radar testing. The lower you are the harder you are to detect. A score of D will get you locked out of all future military activities. A score of B-C will net you $2,000 for each activity. While a score of A will you net you $4,000 for each. Giving you a chance to make $20k total.
- (2) Advanced Challenges for unique military situations. You must complete all 5 Low Altitude challenges first and obtain at least a B on all 5 to be asked to partake in the Advanced Challenges. A score of D will get you locked out of all future military activities. A score of B-C will net you $7,500 each. While a score of A will net you $12,500 each.
- You can not repeat any military challenges and must live with the score you receive.

Your Goals
- Get Both Licenses.
- Choice 1….Get enough money to buy your own plane and start your own charter company. Save money to buy more planes for your company and for personal use.
- Choice 2….Be a life long commercial airline pilot and continue to travel the world saving your money for your own private plane one day.
- Choice 3…. Be a life long bush pilot. Live in exotic places and go wherever the paycheck takes you.

Plane Prices
- You should be able to find all prices online for real planes.
- Any fake plane should probably be more expensive than the real ones.

Remember this is just a suggestion and if you feel something would work better for you the by all means do it that way. I'd love to hear other thoughts people might have to make this idea even better.

Last edited by tc020791; 02-14-2024 at 07:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »