Home

Why no PC?

This is a discussion on Why no PC? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-09-2024, 01:00 PM   #1
Rookie

GridironGreat's Arena

OVR: 0
Why no PC?

Is PC guys would love to play full cross play with PS5 and Sx.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2024, 01:03 PM   #2
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

Re: Why no PC?

As someone who would love for this game to be on PC, they would have to create their own functional AntiCheat engine for it to work. FIFA didn’t have a functional anticheat until a year or 2 ago and before then, it was a free for all.

Nearly unplayable on PC due to the amount of cheaters.

The resources that would take just don’t make sense for MLBTS to bring it to PC.

As an offline only guy, this sucks lol.

-Franchise Fidelity to Reality Roster out Now!
-Creator of JWDixon’s Franchise Spreadsheet
-More coming soon!
Old 02-09-2024, 03:06 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
I bet if Sony had their way, I would think they would be for a PC port. I also bet its stodgy MLB that wont sign off on a PC version. Probably because a PC MLB game would be more easily modded than a console game that is damn near impossible to jailbreak. MLB wants full control over how MLB is represented.
I know nothing about the modding community…only seen there work on certain games but if they got a hold of this game then IMO Sony/San Diego studios would be in big trouble…if the modding community was able to give us some of the things we’ve been asking for the last 10 years there would be no reason to buy yearly
Old 02-09-2024, 05:00 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

My hunch is we won't see a PC version until after it's current-gen only and they revamp the graphics engine.
Old 02-09-2024, 11:11 PM   #5
Have a V8....POWER!

EL_GABE's Arena

OVR: 4

MVP baseball 2005 was hella fun for pc , downloaded minors roster, updated jersey or stadiums other lgs if u wanted too it was a blast

GT: MRDONKEYGRANDE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2024, 02:10 PM   #6
French Fried Taters, mhmm

puppies_on_acid's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb1212
I know nothing about the modding community…only seen there work on certain games but if they got a hold of this game then IMO Sony/San Diego studios would be in big trouble…if the modding community was able to give us some of the things we’ve been asking for the last 10 years there would be no reason to buy yearly
This has been my hunch for the past few years. And why we will probably never get it. Unless Microsoft enforces making 3rd party games on Xbox also available on Windows PC.
Old 02-10-2024, 02:35 PM   #7
Rookie

You can play on your PC, but through the Xbox service or app (though I've found the app kinda laggy). You have to have Game Pass Ultimate, for which you can sometimes find deals around, and would also give you access to a lot of other games, all cloud based. Seems to work better via the website. You can access the vault as well.
Old 02-10-2024, 03:42 PM   #8
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLExpos4Ever
You can play on your PC, but through the Xbox service or app (though I've found the app kinda laggy). You have to have Game Pass Ultimate, for which you can sometimes find deals around, and would also give you access to a lot of other games, all cloud based. Seems to work better via the website. You can access the vault as well.
People don't want it on PC just to "play" the game. They, including myself, want it on PC because of all the doors that would open for modding to include graphics updates, roster updates, complete overhauls, and more.

Last edited by Cod; 02-10-2024 at 04:31 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »