Home

Have you ever think about it?

This is a discussion on Have you ever think about it? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-05-2024, 02:11 PM   #1
Rookie

atomo's Arena

OVR: 0
Have you ever think about it?

Last year, soccer fans had FIFA 23 which announcement read:

19,000+ players
UNRIVALLED AUTHENTICITY
Play The World's Game with 19,000+ players, 700+ teams, 100+ stadiums, 30+ leagues, and the world's biggest competitions in FIFA 23.

Can you imagine something like that but in a baseball version?
Historical players, NPB, WBC, Caribbean baseball league, KBO, etc...!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2024, 06:05 PM   #2
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Re: Have you ever think about it?

Didn't FIFA 23 move something like ten million units? And MLB23 something like two million? So if we all will just buy about five or six copies of MLB24, maybe Sony will put more resources into MLB The Show. I wouldn't need much more than a full minor league representation but if Sony would do that AND the Japanese League, KBO and all those other non-MLB leagues, I wouldn't complain.
#44Syracuse
Old 02-05-2024, 09:27 PM   #3
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
Didn't FIFA 23 move something like ten million units? And MLB23 something like two million? So if we all will just buy about five or six copies of MLB24, maybe Sony will put more resources into MLB The Show. I wouldn't need much more than a full minor league representation but if Sony would do that AND the Japanese League, KBO and all those other non-MLB leagues, I wouldn't complain.
FIFA 23 sold 10.3 million copies in the first week! I can only image the total number of copies sold as time went on. Unfortunately, baseball is nowhere near the popularity of the beautiful game.
Old 02-05-2024, 09:32 PM   #4
Rookie

atomo's Arena

Quote:
Yes... it's more like a dream, I know.
Considering the ratio of 10M:2M then we can say we are a fifth of the offer.
So: Play this game with 3,800+ players, 140+ teams, 20+ stadiums (hehe), 6+ leagues, and the world's biggest competitions!
Old 02-06-2024, 08:46 AM   #5
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Quote:
I mean, the dream is certainly all of those things, but I'm not sure that "Lack of resources" can be the excuse for it not happening at this point. EA's NHL series, which is easily the lowest selling of the 5 major sports games, has 259 unique teams, which *roughly* equates to over 6,000 players, and while the game certainly isn't perfect, the back end of their Franchise mode is actually pretty decent (Gameplay/AI issues seem to be the yearly complaint, rather than the lack of depth in Franchise mode).

2023 Blue Jays Franchise: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=791592061 (Paused)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2024, 11:55 AM   #6
Rookie

atomo's Arena

I will add an extra idea: a softball video game
Fastpitch ISC Tournament, NCAA, World Cups...
And slowpitch too, co-ed, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »