Home

Kiss of Death for NCAA?

This is a discussion on Kiss of Death for NCAA? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-27-2024, 11:47 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 1
Kiss of Death for NCAA?

I firmly believe Ultimate Team is what has destroyed franchise mode in Madden. The mode seems left to die on the vine and EAs priority is micro transactions via MUT. EA has announced Ultimate Team will be a feature in NCAA. Is this game another money grab with a lifeless dynasty mode? EA has said dynasty mode has been a focus but that was also the company line with franchise mode in this year's Madden. I'm cautiously optimistic about NCAA. However, based on years of track record I'm leaning more towards cautious than optimistic.

Last edited by tdogg097; 01-27-2024 at 11:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2024, 11:49 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 2
Kiss of Death for NCAA?

cut will be priority before dynasty i’d say.But i hope not.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-27-2024, 12:02 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Kiss of Death for NCAA?

A lot of people seem to forget that NCAA 14 had Ultimate Team too - this isn't going to be the first iteration of it in EA's College Football game. Of course they weren't going to remove it.
Old 01-27-2024, 12:43 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
A lot of people seem to forget that NCAA 14 had Ultimate Team too - this isn't going to be the first iteration of it in EA's College Football game. Of course they weren't going to remove it.
The economy of the game is completely different now though. Ultimate Team was not monetized then. EA reported 49% of their revenue was from micro transactions. From EAs perspective they have to feed the beast with that revenue. It's only smart business for them to focus their resources on it. Franchise Mode in Madden is just the fallout.

I did find a mention of micro transactions for dynasty but that was not from any official source. I have thought EA has been making a play to monetize dynasty and franchise. My guess is they haven't found the best way to execute but I think it's coming. Might have it as soon as this year.
Old 01-27-2024, 12:48 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I used to believe ultimate team was what killed this series as well. Then I gave it a try and followed how it was updated each year and I can confidently tell you it progresses as slowly as franchise mode does.

That's when I began believing EA just has a management issue that causes them to be slow and inefficient in all areas of the game.

If the new CFB game sucks or has issues, I don't think it will be because of ultimate team but because EA just has structural issues. You can look at all the series they touch anymore, sports or not. They all suffer from the issues that all seemingly stem from poor management/ decision making. Battlefield, Mass Effect, Madden, etc. All are filled with bugs and decisions that show they're out of touch with their fanbases.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2024, 03:48 PM   #6
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
If the new CFB game sucks or has issues
It's already got a built in excuse, to which I'm sure there are a few folks here will use if the game isn't "up to snuff".

I like you also believe the "uppers" have no clue anymore what type of game they want.
It is marketed to be a "simulation NFL game" but we all know that is not true at all.

As far as NCAA goes, what really made it stand out for me was the ability to use custom soundtracks and teambuilder, I never messed with the ultimate team mode in that game.

I have come to accept that Madden and if I had to guess NCAA won't be the game I'm looking for, and that's fine...at this point it is what it is.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 01-28-2024, 06:58 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Keep your expectations low for NCAA. Ultimate Team will be the priority as it is in the Madden franchise.

I wish i could be more positive for the game but EA has been awful for over a decade that they don't get the benefit of the doubt any longer.

Now I'll need to see a quality game with good gameplay before I can give EA any sort of praise.

A 3-year build cycle should have no excuses for a quality game.
Old 01-28-2024, 07:51 PM   #8
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

It's realistically a believe it when I see it.There's no reason to think that while the game could be good in most ways,like Madden this year,that there won't be some issues that are bothersome and won't be addressed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »