Home

Editing Assigned Plays

This is a discussion on Editing Assigned Plays within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-01-2024, 11:47 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Editing Assigned Plays

Does anyone know how to edit assigned plays for specific players? I'm creating a 91-92 roster which is just about figure. I completely edited playbooks but I'm noticing for example Orlando has a play with Scott Skills posting up which is not one of the plays. But when I go into Playbook, I see it's under assigned plays P5 for him and I can't figure out how to delete it. That's just one example... Any help is appreciated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2024, 12:10 PM   #2
Rookie

dnikafoeno's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Editing Assigned Plays

Is this what you're looking for? (There's two ways to do this, this is just an example)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg link.jpg (113.1 KB, 67 views)
Old 01-03-2024, 01:18 PM   #3
Rookie

Not exactly. So if you go to Coaching and keep going to the next page where it says Assigned plays, there are specific plays that are assigned to each player. I can't figure out how to edit those.
Old 01-03-2024, 01:26 PM   #4
Rookie

dnikafoeno's Arena

Ah okay. So that edit player screen is the same as changing his play types on that "assigned plays" screen.

What play types do you have assigned to him? (P&R Ball Handler/Handoff/etc) It could be the design of that play that has him posting up which we can't edit. If you can tell me the play name I can test it out myself too.
Old 01-03-2024, 01:44 PM   #5
Rookie

I'm at work now so unable to pull it up. They are different screens. if you go to a roster and Coaching and edit, click through to playbook, Assigned Plays might be the screen after that. If you can figure out how to edit those Assigned plays, that's what I'm trying to figure out.

Last edited by tompetty; 01-03-2024 at 02:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2024, 03:38 PM   #6
Rookie

dnikafoeno's Arena

I wish I could make a video so I could explain it better lol I'm going to try with these images. Hopefully they show up cause I'm not use to doing this.

This screen and the edit player I showed is the same thing. Just move Priority 1/Priority 2/etc to the right/left, it will change the P1/P2/P3 to show which plays the player will run from your playbook.

For example, I removed P&R Point/3 PT gave him Guard Post Up now all the Guard Post Up plays that I added to the playbook will run.

This the part that can be complicated.. if you did or didn't change all of those, there's a play in your playbook that has him posting up. Certain plays can end up with different player to score instead of the one you intended it for. Like you can assign something for Nick Anderson to score but Scott Skiles is posting up. Whenever you get a chance take a picture and I can tell you if play that in your playbook does this.

Otherwise it could be "freelance" running which we can't edit for the CPU. Hopefully this all makes sense lol

Last edited by dnikafoeno; 01-03-2024 at 03:42 PM.
Old 01-04-2024, 03:05 PM   #7
Rookie

I appreciate you looking into this. So I think I found the play that had him posting and deleted it. I'm trying to make realistic playbooks for 1991-92 season and and every now and then come across bigs like Kevin Willis or Ewing coming off screens and out to the 3point line and plays that don't seem to be in the playbook so I've just been testing them out. Again, thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »