Home

MLB The Show 24: Wish List by H.B. (Houston)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24: Wish List by H.B. (Houston) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-27-2023, 10:03 PM   #1
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0

The issues need to be talked about first we encountered on MLB THE SHOWS 20-23

(A) The stats under PLAYER STATS were correct for positional players but not for the Pitchers. Under TEAM STATS with even and odd numbers etc..but if you went under PLAYER STATS for pitchers they would only show even numbers and have been this way since CUSTOM LEAGUE were added on MLB THE SHOW 20 been 3 years of this error. The HITTING STATS were correct and no issues.

(B) Every time you would go into a custom league and send a challenge to the person you were playing, the first try was a server error and out of 19 patches this was never addressed and is still happening in our league.

(C) When you would sim a CPU vs CPU type game the home and away record was never accurate. SO if you simmed 3 straight games says CUBS @ REDS you might get a Home record of 2 WINS and WAY 1 LOSS when the CUBS won all 3 games.

(D) Then there was the issue PATCH 6 when you guys decided to turn the WIND OFF/FLAGS OFF.

We literally play this game 365 days non-stop in my custom league. We have played 20 until 21 was out, Played 21 until 22 was out no different this year we have played and still playing 23 until 24 is out. For the love of god can you please turn the wind and flags back on in online games? The World Series is over; most online gamers have everything unlocked at this point. Us league guys that don’t move onto other games by now still are trying to play 162 games we've been playing since May 15; 2023 were 52 games in still a ways to go. I purchased the game again hoping for custom league changes and they were 0 and the same issues are still there. We got 0 updates in 20 something patches and ignored every time I personally posted on theshow.com and bug reports.

These are not in any specific order, But hopefully all get looked into and considered.

1. The custom leagues in 20 was a turn in the right direction but left a lot to be desired still. There was not much change from 20 to 23 as far as CUSTOM LEAGUES have gone. I still had to come up with ways on my own to have it like the old online franchise was because there was still no real life schedule like there was in leagues on MLB THE SHOW 17, There was still only 1 division in custom leagues on MLB THE SHOW 21, MLB THE SHOW 22 and MLB THE SHOW 23 making it everyone against everyone, I am more about realism and want the real MLB divisions back, We also still need league leaders added back, All by myself for my custom league I had to write down the top league leaders on my own each week making it very hard to do all this manually each and every week. There was INJURY POP UPS so I would log injury myself and set a return date, but we still need a DISABLE LIST added back for MLB THE SHOW 24. For some reason all INJURIES were not included online for MB THE SHOW 23.

2. PLEASE BRING BACK ONLINE FRANCHISE TO CUSTOM ONLINE LEAGUES!! (If an online franchise does make a return can you please make sure we have an option to use BROADCAST mode not only FAST PLAY. There is way too much we do not get to see or hear online that we would if we played offline, but I just do not play offline anymore. I only buy the game to run a realistic MLB online league and love the presentation on this game and there should be an option to see it all or hit X to skip through it all for the guys who don't like it.)

3. Custom leagues were added on MLB THE SHOW 20 and were exactly the same on 21,22 and 23. We were still forced to use ROSTER UPDATES or DD rosters but we needed exactly what league's name was changed to CUSTOM, WE NEED CUSTOM ROSTERS. I don't care if it's only 40 MAN ROSTERS but let us use our OWN ROSTERS and let our own season play out instead of being tied to INSIDE EDGE & DIAMOND DYNASTY ratings driven. Allow CUSTOM LEAGUES to have progression and regression.

4. We need CUSTOM LEAGUES to be private - Give us the option to turn this feature ON because everyone gets bad owners that constantly begin messaging current owners trying to get them to join their league, if leagues were private they wouldn't be able to see who is currently in someone's league.

5. A BOTTOM LINE TICKER in CUSTOM LEAGUES would really be helpful, I really enjoy seeing this in a offline franchise as I play my games and other sport games and if this could be added for CUSTOM LEAGUES this would be a game changer. Imagine playing a league game and being able to see what's going on around the league by looking at THE BOTTOM LINE TICKER? showing SCORES, STATS ETC...

6. Please allow us to toggle an AUTO PILOT option for owners who can't play their league games so other users can at least go play the CPU.

7. Please allow the COMMISSIONER in their CUSTOM LEAGUE to be able to EDIT POSITIONS, JERSEY NUMBERS, A STARTING PITCHER TO A RELIEF PITCHER ETC... We need more EDITING of players in CUSTOM LEAGUES.

8. We need energy to hitters like you gave to the pitchers inside CUSTOM LEAGUES. Another idea I thought of instead of the green bar of energy if you could give them percentages would be better to look at, So example is SP Justin Verlander has 86% energy instead of the GREEN BAR.

PART II - in Custom Leagues now we have green bars for energy and obviously you can see a guy is not full green or health but once your in game bring that pitcher in he's actually lower than what the green bar indicated, So how about a PERCENTAGE NUMBER instead of the green colored bar. So an example is say a RP pitcher would have the percentages numbers saying so and so is 67% or 85% instead of the green bar not really knowing just how much health they actually have.

9. We need COLLISIONS added to MLB THE SHOW 24, Imagine the dynamic of running into another outfielder or infielder or even your pitcher that causes a collision and they misplay the ball or could cost you a run or even the game. I get it online kids and players would complain but this is baseball and this add on would bring more realism to the game.

10. The Online Custom Leagues needs the 40 man roster added, player options added, waiver wire and the rule 5 draft in June. I would like to finally see a true online franchise with the same exact features offline has. Would be nice to see what is going on around the league while you're in a head 2 head game. Even having commentary talking about what's going on around the league during a league game, talking about milestones or playoff push.

11. In the Online Custom Leagues would like to to see the actual real MLB schedule including real days off days. In MLB THE SHOW 14 - 17 Online franchises the MLB schedule was added but the days and dates did not match up. Would like to see actual game start times included and maybe added on the schedule screen with-in the square for that date. What about adding additional year schedules for people who like to use previous seasons or historic rosters?

12. Please add realignment in the CUSTOM LEAGUES and offline franchise for people who like to play with historic rosters and want the correct team alignment for that era.

13. I would like to see the Astrodome added as a classic stadium.

14. We need a complete transaction log for the CUSTOM LEAGUES. In MLB THE SHOW 14-17 the only transactions that would show in the event log was when a player you traded or you signed a free agent or released a player. To help the commissioner, a full transaction log would help prevent league owners from sending guys down or calling guys up on a daily basis without the commissioner knowing or approval.

15. The commissioner for CUSTOM LEAGUES needs more flexibility when it comes to fixing teams in the CUSTOM LEAGUES when you happen to get a bad owner who decides to release players into free agency and quits the league. In MLB THE SHOW 14-17 there were some bad owners in leagues that did this leaving the commissioner no way of fixing and getting the team back to its original state. With salary cap issues, amount of money to spend to sign players etc made it really tough to sign the players that were released back to their original team. Maybe give the commissioner only a way to override transactions, signing players back at no cost?

16. In CUSTOM LEAGUES and all head to head games it does not show there backup positions at the lineup screen before going into a game.We need to be able to see the player card of players were placing into our lineup to see what there backup positions are at the beginning of a game like offline has.

17. We need to be able to edit coaches, managers and Umpire names and appearance in MLB THE SHOW 24 and allow commissioners to do this in the CUSTOM LEAGUES as well. Same as before if we can edit the manager and coaches let us pick faces from pages that closely look like the coach we are creating.

18. We also need to be able to give tendencies or schemes of how the manager coaches his team based on real life situations.

19. We need to be able to give ICONS to players in the main menu of the roster editor like,

*TOP 100 PROSPECT
*RULE 5
*ALL STAR GAME LOGO

21. I think collisions need to be added and a call off button. The older baseball had this around 2007. I am tired of seeing players walk through another player's body or the umpire. Can we finally get player detection like players at walls not running through them? The same thing goes for players walking through one another.

22. Another option is to add an EXTRA FREE AGENT SPACE. Maybe a solution is have your own LEGENDS area and have FREE AGENTS PAGES 1-5 for exactly that. There is just not enough room currently to have all the players we need on our rosters. I prefer the FULL SINGLE- A teams, but even the person that did roster updates in 2023 had to take players off the game during the year when doing roster updates because there's not enough room.

23. Fix velocities for created pitchers when editing them. They should be able to be given correct velocity, control and break as a scan face pitcher or like they are for pre-existing pitchers. It's been broken for over 5 years.

24. Ability to import/export players onto any roster and in an existing franchise and into CUSTOM LEAGUES.

25. Let us edit height and weight to 7"0 tall and 300 lbs. There's a lot of shorter, thinner players. We can never give them the correct weight, please allow us to give them 155lbs etc on a 6'0 player.

26. We need REAL TIME WEATHER added. Weather is a big part of baseball. Would like to see it automatically change in the game as if it's cold, see the fog from players mouth when breathing, have dirt look wet from rain, and some type fog rain delays. Maybe tie in weather.com into the game and whatever city the home team is in is the actual weather for that day? If a game starts cloudy then later on as the game goes along just let it start raining on its own. The weather should affect the pitcher's command and the batters swings as it does in real life.

(a) To see rain drops on helmets, coaches jackets, umpires jackets would bring more realism to the game.

(b) Please add one more later start time for the WEST COAST games. All we have now is the latest 7pm most parks still daylight, can you please add a 9pm start time?

* PLEASE ALLOW THIS KINDA STUFF INTO CUSTOM LEAGUES - ALLOW FULL BROADCAST MODE.

* PLEASE ALLOW US TO USE OTHER THEMES ON THE GAME INSIDE CUSTOM LEAGUES/ONLINE FRANCHISE.

27. COLLISIONS: There were many injuries last couple of years due to collisions. When asked before about having this added I think I was told baseball is not a contact sport? Injuries do happen in baseball and when players collide. In another baseball game in 2007 there was an option to call off the other fielders near. Imagine a fly ball and if you don;t call the other outfielder off they collide and the ball pops loose?

28. ASSIGNING ANY POSITION TO ANY PLAYER OPTION: I have an idea how the positions can be given for any fielder. You have all the positions in a big square pop up screen and you let us check the squares of all the positions we want to give that player. This would allow us to finally give players the correct positions they actually play. We could even actually give a Pitcher a backup position as many relievers are starting to play in the infield and outfield late in games.

29. We need full editing capabilities offline and in the CUSTOM LEAGUES such as being able to edit players names, ages, height and weight, jersey numbers, changing their position to anything we want. In the online franchise only letting the commissioner be the only person who can adjust any of these things. Please let us edit these types of things and especially HEIGHT & WEIGHT in the main menu for any player especially the REAL PLAYERS. This has always been locked in the past and we have no way of up****** height and weight to reflect what players actually are. Having to ask you guys to update the height and weights this past year in 2019 took all the way until May 10th to finally get updated. If you allow us to do this in MLB 20 I don't half wait until you guys have time to fix it when I can easily fix this myself.

30. EXPORT AND IMPORT BETTER OPTIONS: We need the ability to export and import players into MLB THE SHOW 24 that were on previous MLB THE SHOW GAMES, by this I mean real actual MLB players not the created ones as we are already able to do this with those. This has been an issue when accidentally a real MLB player has been imported over and no way to get him back other than recreated them. Would like to see in MLB 23 all players in this game available to export and import any of them. Also let us edit anything we want about any player in the game. I know SCEA developers enjoy putting themselves into the game at launch so why not let us export these players and be able to edit anything about them so we can change them into any MLB players missing from the game that might look close to the developers face? This would really help creating missing minor league players as well. As a roster creator myself, one of the hardest faces to do are the ASIAN/JAPAN faces and I know there have been some Asian/japan developer faces added to the game in recent years.

This would allow us to turn that developer face into a real MLB player and have a better looking roster with all scan faces. Another idea is to make it to where we can use other MLB players' FACES and turn them into a player we're creating or missing from the game.

(a) Kinda like what Madden has, but when creating a player let us choose from baseball players to scan faces already in the game. Even if it was just 25 heads to choose from would be a good start. You already have faces to choose from, but there just random faces, If you swap those out and added the following,

5 Caucasian faces of MLB players are already in the game.
5 African American faces of MLB players are already in the game.
5 Hispanic faces of MLB players are already in the game.
5 Japan/Asian faces of MLB players are already in the game.
5 Dominican faces of MLB players are already in the game.

(b) I would like to see pages and pages of players to pick from kinda like NHL or MADDEN does. You could still have face edit options for people who want to create faces, but for me I much prefer picking from REAL PLAYER FACE SCANS. I spend hours and hours trying to get a player's face right and if I just had to pick a face from any of those pages would make the process be so much faster. I spend more time editing players than playing the game and would like an easier way to get the players face done and move on. It takes me 5-6 months to get rosters right before I can even enjoy this game or play. You have added QUICK COUNTS to play faster games, Now we need faster ways to create players.

31. Would like to see player profile pictures change based off of ESPN, FOX Sports or mlb.com player profile pictures. This way when in real life when a player is traded their photo will change for that team, as in real life usually these websites have the players photo updates within 24 hrs. This would work for people who don't keep rosters updated but many of us who enjoy doing this would look realistic.

32. Add in rookies' names into the database each year from who was added during the roster updates the year before.

================================================
CLASSIC STADIUMS:

Classic stadiums the Houston Astrodome, and Montreal Expos Olympic Stadium
================================================
WEATHER IN DIFFERENT CITIES:

This needs to be looked into. Sometimes the weather is way off and not close to what the weather actually should be, adding real life weather conditions should fix this.

(a) Need to get rid of the jackets in the summer months. Still in all these years I played the show, pitchers are still wearing jackets when on base in the dead heat of the summer. Make them have no jackets on in the summer months and in the fall let them have them on, or weather of the games or temperature at game time could determine if they will have them on.

(b) We need some type of snow for weather, in 2021 TIGERS 1B Cabrera hit a HR when it was sleeting, light snow, in 2006 I believe it was Rockies and Red Sox had a snow game. Doesn't half to be thick snow but some sleet or drizzle snow, something like madden but not as heavy.
=================================================
1. Rain-outs/Rain Delays/Doubleheaders - adds a realm of realism to franchise and custom league modes and could affect stamina over the period of a few days.
2. Catcher Talk to the Pitcher - Instead of a mound visit, the catcher could go and calm down the pitcher instead of the PITCHING COACH.

REMINDER NOTES:

(a) Able to Export & Import real players onto any roster.
(b) Able age, height and weight on real players.
(c) add an online franchise back with real MLB schedules like the 2024 NEW FORMAT MLB schedule, real divisions, standings, league leaders, disabled list etc....
(d) Able to use BROADCAST MODE in custom leagues/online franchise
(e) add standings, league leaders, real life schedule, players of the week into custom leagues/ Online franchise.
(f) Allow us to use OTHER themes inside custom leagues/ online franchises.
(g) Instead of having to use diamond dynasty leagues to get to all the players, allow us to use the 40 man live way or upload our own custom rosters inside custom leagues/ online franchises.
(h) Ability to use CUSTOM ROSTERS into CUSTOM LEAGUES.
(i) We need better edit options for players in custom leagues period, editing positions, jersey numbers etc.
(j) We have our own baseball world in custom leagues where how you perform is what the ratings of your players are NOT based off of DD Ratings or roster updates. Let us have our own performance ratings, some progression and regression multiple seasons etc....
MLB THE SHOW 23 KNOWN ISSUES THAT STILL EXIST SINCE 2020
1. NO WIND/FLAGS ONLINE
2. GLITCH FACE PLAYERS - https://forums.theshow.com/topic/611...ce-still-exist https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FIcQhy70GI
3. PITCHING STATS ARE ALL EVEN NUMBERS FOR ERA AND WHIP ONLINE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbwrFzuqLiI
4. YOU CAN'T ANY EDIT POSITIONS
5. SETTINGS DON'T SAVE ON PROFILE ON MY OTHER PSN NAMES LIKE THEY DID ON MLB THE SHOW 22.
6. CAN'T BRING UP PITCH COUNTS WITH D-PAD. (Please add back an easier method to bring up pitch counts instead having to go pause the game constantly to look under pitcher analysis)
7. LEAGUE TENDS TO FREEZE UP AFTER 80 OR MORE GAMES ARE PLAYED. LOADING TIMES TAKE FOREVER.
8. MLB THE SHOW 23 DOES NOT HAVE REAL LIFE FORMAT FOR PLAYOFFS INSIDE CUSTOM LEAGUES
9. PLAYERS LIKE JULIO URIAS AND WANDER FRANCO HAVE GLITCH FACES THE SAME THING HAPPEN AT END OF MLB THE SHOW 22 WITH ABOUT 15 PLAYERS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwONvXeDTx8
10. WHEN SIMING GAMES IT DOESN'T GIVE THE CORRECT TEAM THE HOME OR AWAY RECORD IT SEEMS TO BE RANDOM.
11. THE CPU CONVERTS TO A NL LINEUP DURING THE SIMULATION AND GIVES THE PITCHERS HITTING STATS.
12. THE RELIEF PITCHERS HAVE NO STATS WHEN ENTERING GAME. IT DOES NOT SHOW THE DISPLAYS WHEN BRING IN A RELIEVER ONCE THEY HAVE ALREADY PLAYED
13. ONCE YOU ENTER IN CUSTOM LEAGUE AND LOOK IN THE MESSAGE BOARD IT DOES NOT SHOW THE ACTUAL TEAMS NAME WHO WON THE GAME FOR SOME TEAM NAMES INSTEAD IT WILL SHOW SAY

* EXAMPLE (A) Say Rangers play Astros and they win 3-2. On the message board it will say something like this: Seattle Mariners (Texas Rangers) defeat Oakland Athletics (Houston Astros) 3-2.

--
HB

Last edited by Houston; 12-27-2023 at 10:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2023, 10:01 AM   #2
Rookie

USORIDER's Arena

Re: MLB The Show 24: Wish List by H.B. (Houston)

Those changes would make MLB The Show so much better to play.... Sure hope SDS will consider adding those things
Old 01-01-2024, 03:50 PM   #3
Rookie

SoullessGingerKC's Arena

OVR: 2

Love this post. I agree with everything. My biggest problem is they took freedom away from the game.

Wishlist
——-
1. Playoff mode with friends online and ability to use computer for some of the players.
2. Exhibition mode online with custom rosters and sliders.
3. Connected franchise online able to use computer players and people like in Madden.
4. Please stop with all the home runs. Make this a more realistic game.
5. Please add the Kingdome into the game as a historic stadium.
———-

Anyways I just feel like since they started making money off diamond dynasty they stopped allowing us to use custom rosters and sliders with friends. Let me play the game how I want to play it.
Old 01-04-2024, 12:05 AM   #4
MVP

Houston's Arena

Here is my **TOP 10 LIST OF FIXES FOR CUSTOM LEAGUES BASED OFF THE FULL WISH LIST ABOVE**

1. The wind and flag movement needs to be brought back for custom league games, give us a option ON/OFF who play online. I run a league that plays well over 100 games every year and to play in some of these outdoor stadiums with 0 wind for this many games is unrealistic and almost to the point of giving up playing anymore. A game killer for me since I only play in my league online only reason I purchase this game.

2. In MLB THE SHOW 23 injuries were turned off for all online games, we need injuries like we had all the other years online. When were playing a bunch of games in a custom leagues there needs to be some sort of injuries or its just the same lineups every game.

3. Need a fix for certain players faces that do not have scan show up as a "glitch face". They lose all features given to how they should look long hair, beard, goatee etc to the plain shaved white man glitch face no matter there nationality.

4. We need a fix for the stats under PLAYER STATS were correct for positional players but not for the Pitchers. Under TEAM STATS with even and odd numbers etc..but if you went under PLAYER STATS for pitchers they would only show even numbers and have been this way since CUSTOM LEAGUE were added on MLB THE SHOW 20 been 3 years of this error. The HITTING STATS were correct and no issues.

5. We need a option to play HOME or AWAY like you can in a online rated or Play now game, in custom leagues the person who sends the challenge is always the HOME team. Please add a option to be either or add a real MLB schedule even a generic schedule is better than what we have now.

6. There needs to be more tools for the commissioner to set, adjust etc all other sports titles gives the creator of the league bunch of things to adjust, add or remove. The commissioner needs a edit button seriously to change a SP back to a RP or vice versa, I'm not asking to have a way to jack up attributes but let the commissioner only have the option to edit, Non scan faces, positions, and jersey numbers.

7. We need some type of schedule system, prefer the real MLB schedules, but anything is better than nothing at all and playing random games make it matter, we need league leaders, progression,regression let us get away from the DD ratings and make our season our own with upgrades or down grades based on performance. Give us weekly awards.

8. Allow us to use our own roster, load from the vault or our own hard drive like we once had before. I am okay with just 40 man rosters doesn't half to be the full 90 yet.

9. Allow us to use any theme we want and not be forced to use competitive mode only in custom league we prefer simulation style, there should be a user option for themes, if we wanna use full broadcast or fast play etc...Quit forcing us to use fast play only let us choose. The same for WIND. Let the online user choose within his own settings.

10. Inside the custom leagues after games are played it shows the wrong team names makes it confusing what team actually played. SEE EXAMPLE BELOW.

Say it's Texas Rangers @ Atlanta Braves the score was say 5-3 Braves.

In the message board inside the custom leagues it shows SEATTLE MARINERS (TEXAS RANGERS) @ NEW YORK METS (ATLANTA BRAVES) then shows score. Now not all teams are messed up but a god 18-20 do this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »