Home

Franchise 23-24 v3.0

This is a discussion on Franchise 23-24 v3.0 within the EA Sports NHL Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-21-2023, 08:43 PM   #1
Pro

gsize19's Arena

OVR: 3
Franchise 23-24 v3.0

Just dropped my final roster version for the year on the PS5. Franchise 23-34 v3.0. This roster has updates to MANY players based on today's data, added some free agents that were missing and now available from other leagues, all roster moves current as of 12/21/23 at 8:05PM. Some players on NHL teams are still in the AHL. I tried to give you a good roster to begin a Franchise like it was opening night.

AHL player upgrades as well with ECHL players with potential moved to their AHL affiliate so they are available for use during the first season.

My draft class is only as deep for the first offseason. Too many unknown variables to create.

Ran a test season with this roster download and saw fairly accurate scoring results from players you would see in the top 25 scoring race. Vancouver and New Jersey were in the Stanley Cup finals.

Scoring leader was McDavid with 131 points, Matthews and McDavid were tied with 61 goals. Vezina went to Aiden Hill with a 2.02 GAA and a .921%. Norris went to Mekar. The Calder went to Adam Fantilli (28 G, 36 A's) who edged Conner Bedard (27 G's and 34 A's) in scoring. Smyth went to Pettersen (16 G's 14 A's). Vancouver won the cup in 7 games. Players like Landeskog who will be on LTIR this season and beyond were often injured and played only 30 games (Still too many but no way to put players on LTIR, definitely an NHL25 wishlist item), so I know my adjustments to players on the IR is working.

AHL Calder Trophy went to the Cleveland Monsters.

This roster update is not ECHL ready for those that want to play an ECHL season as many players were moved to AHL affiliates (I have a separated roster for ECHL seasons).

This roster is perfect for those who have waited to begin a Franchise or who are just getting NHL. Again, just be forewarned, if you like to take a Franchise deep into multiple years, my Franchise draft CAPs is only for one offseason, the rest would be current junior players are EA fiction players. (STL Gamers rosters when they drop will be a great roster for those looking to extend the roster multiple years).

I use data from CapFriendly, Elite Prospects and a couple other sites to give you the best detailed playing style for players with the attribute adjustments.

Lastly, since this dropped, you will see several others upload rosters claiming the work is theirs. I have taken a lot of time, did a lot of research throughout the year to bring you accurate offerings, this one being no different. There are plenty of Easter Eggs in my roster (nothing that should affect the game) that are used to help me identify rosters poachers... ENJOY!!!

I don't steal rosters and pass them off as my own, I create them!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2023, 08:58 PM   #2
Pro

knich1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise 23-24 v3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsize19
Just dropped my final roster version for the year on the PS5. Franchise 23-34 v3.0. This roster has updates to MANY players based on today's data, added some free agents that were missing and now available from other leagues, all roster moves current as of 12/21/23 at 8:05PM. Some players on NHL teams are still in the AHL. I tried to give you a good roster to begin a Franchise like it was opening night.

AHL player upgrades as well with ECHL players with potential moved to their AHL affiliate so they are available for use during the first season.

My draft class is only as deep for the first offseason. Too many unknown variables to create.

Ran a test season with this roster download and saw fairly accurate scoring results from players you would see in the top 25 scoring race. Vancouver and New Jersey were in the Stanley Cup finals.

Scoring leader was McDavid with 131 points, Matthews and McDavid were tied with 61 goals. Vezina went to Aiden Hill with a 2.02 GAA and a .921%. Norris went to Mekar. The Calder went to Adam Fantilli (28 G, 36 A's) who edged Conner Bedard (27 G's and 34 A's) in scoring. Smyth went to Pettersen (16 G's 14 A's). Vancouver won the cup in 7 games. Players like Landeskog who will be on LTIR this season and beyond were often injured and played only 30 games (Still too many but no way to put players on LTIR, definitely an NHL25 wishlist item), so I know my adjustments to players on the IR is working.

AHL Calder Trophy went to the Cleveland Monsters.

This roster update is not ECHL ready for those that want to play an ECHL season as many players were moved to AHL affiliates (I have a separated roster for ECHL seasons).

This roster is perfect for those who have waited to begin a Franchise or who are just getting NHL. Again, just be forewarned, if you like to take a Franchise deep into multiple years, my Franchise draft CAPs is only for one offseason, the rest would be current junior players are EA fiction players. (STL Gamers rosters when they drop will be a great roster for those looking to extend the roster multiple years).

I use data from CapFriendly, Elite Prospects and a couple other sites to give you the best detailed playing style for players with the attribute adjustments.

Lastly, since this dropped, you will see several others upload rosters claiming the work is theirs. I have taken a lot of time, did a lot of research throughout the year to bring you accurate offerings, this one being no different. There are plenty of Easter Eggs in my roster (nothing that should affect the game) that are used to help me identify rosters poachers... ENJOY!!!
Thanks. The stats look good.

Last edited by knich1; 12-21-2023 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Found answer
Old 12-21-2023, 10:30 PM   #3
Pro

gsize19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by knich1
Thanks. The stats look good.
Thanks brother! If you use them, I hope you enjoy them, actually know you will enjoy them...

Old 12-24-2023, 09:26 PM   #4
Pro

gsize19's Arena

Dropped v3.1 this evening for those getting the game tonight or Christmas morning. NHL rosters have current NHLers, however when you start a franchise, the AI does a pretty good job putting players in the AHL that play the majority of the season in the AHL unless there are injuries.

No significant changes with this version other than some recent extensions or ELC signed. There are several "minor" adjustments to about 400+ players Shot power, speed, durability and discipline based on current data for NHL and AHL players thru 12/24.

I did not run a test with this set, however, since these adjustments are minor in theory, there shouldn't be too much difference in the last "test" which saw Vancouver and New Jersey in the finals, and over 20 100-point players in the first year of the Franchise... I did run a mock draft and saw that Celebrini, Baium, Brandsegg-Nygard, Lindstrom, Dickinson, Parascak and Catton went 1-7. Pretty accurate based on their draft stock for 2024...

Merry Christmas all!!! Enjoy!!!

Last edited by gsize19; 12-24-2023 at 09:29 PM.
Old 12-28-2023, 04:33 PM   #5
Pro

gsize19's Arena

With the release of STLgamers rosters, you have a very complete and deep draft for use for your Franchise beginning. Multiple years of draft picks created. He does a great job and his roster depth is second to none...

However, if you are looking for edited rosters based on current stats and tendencies (leaving you with a download ready version without many edits needed to get realistic statistics), and aren't looking to go much further than a year after the 2024 draft, I still offer a very robust Franchise ready roster, with many edits, CAPs, etc.

A lot of adjustments have been carefully completed to give you, the user, a fairly accurate depiction of what you would see with rosters, injuries, scoring for the 2023-24 and 2024-25 seasons. Over 400+ players edited, something EA fails to do accurately with roster updates. Over-inflated ratings for many players have been adjusted.

I will still put out updates throughout the remainder of the season (once per month) with any signings, trades, movement and edits needed around the 1st day of each month. ENJOY!!!

Last edited by gsize19; 12-28-2023 at 04:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2023, 11:47 PM   #6
Rookie

Yesterday I downloaded Official Fran Ready V1 rosters and today I will download your rosters and test these out. Big respect to both of you and very hard work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-18-2024, 01:39 AM   #7
Rookie

Checked your latest and was wondering. Did you edit the Dallas stars Roster & Prospects? Most rosters seem to either not touch them at all or not give them very much love outside the obvious Stars, while its been the depth the last few years that have this team really a contender. Take Hakanpa for example, he is a 79? While a top 4 defensemen and top PK along with Lindell in the League?
Old 01-26-2024, 01:41 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsize19
I do have some Stars love in mine... Not saying there is all-star type love, but I do have them "tweaked" from how EA has them... In my sims, the Stars are always in the playoffs. I think they went to the Western Conference Finals against the Canucks in my Franchise 23-24 v3.3... Just dropped Franchise 23-24 v3.5, ran a sim, and the Stars were a playoff team but lost in the second round... Robertson was a 100 point player, Ottinger was injured partly for the year and Wedgewood had a solid season going 28-8-8 with a 2.66 GAA.. Ottinger was 13-8-4 with Murray going 5-4-3... The good thing about my latest update, I saw that San Jose, Chicago and (i hate to say it because they are my team) CBJ were the bottom feeders... The West Finals was Colorado and Vancouver and the East was NY Isles and Florida with the Avs defeating the Isles in 6 games in the finals... Top point scorers was Petterson Vancouver with 133, McDavid and MacKinnon were tied with 128... Fantilli beat out Bedard and Carlsson for the Calder... Chicago ended up with the top pick and they took Cole Eiserman...

Playoff teams were NYI, NYR, TOR, BOS, FLA, CAR, DET and TB in the East and VAN, COL, EDM, VEG, DAL, WPG, LA and MIN in the West...
Figured I would redirect this.

I looked at your Files and have downloaded several. Still see the things I was mentioning. The top players always get the tweaks. But the mid and bottoms get no love. Like I mentioned, there is no way Jani Hankanpaa is a 79 Top 6 defender. Again not saying he should be a elite player, just not a player expected to not get another contract. I usually move him to a 81-82 at least.

Cant remember what you moved Mason Marchment to but he is another guy that EA doesn't like. He is not a bottom 6 player. Playing on a fantastic 2nd line with Duchene and Seguin.

I will take a look at yours again when I get a chance. I know I want to find just one roster and then make my edits to play a franchise to fix all of EA's glaring weaknesses as possible. Finding teams after year one with 40 or less contracts is game breaking to me. Finding those same teams with their salary cap at max which is usually 87-89m going into year two of the franchise is also game breaking. Its too much for my one GM to fix by signing 5-10 players and making trades to those teams every year. Its again game breaking.

This game and its limitations are nauseating truly. Its going into Feb 24 and I am not convinced this new team at EA is going to give us anything better in NHL 25. GM connected may save it but I am not holding my breathe. How many new tuners have we gotten and they are all 1.0? No ability to roll back? New team same old tactics

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters »