Home

Kneebars/Ankle locks

This is a discussion on Kneebars/Ankle locks within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-15-2023, 06:42 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Kneebars/Ankle locks

I'm reading that these 2 leg submissions are in the game, I've yet to see either.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2023, 09:46 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Kneebars/Ankle locks

Heel hooks are in, but only a select few guys have them. Usually initiated via bottom mount or bottom stacked guard

I think kneebars are initiated via standing stacked guard, which is one of the rarer positions I find myself in, so can't actually say I've ever performed one, but I'm fairly certain the AI has tried it on me from there
Old 12-15-2023, 01:08 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakywwe
Heel hooks are in, but only a select few guys have them. Usually initiated via bottom mount or bottom stacked guard

I think kneebars are initiated via standing stacked guard, which is one of the rarer positions I find myself in, so can't actually say I've ever performed one, but I'm fairly certain the AI has tried it on me from there
I'm pretty sure we would've seen random gameplay footage by now IF they truly were in the game.

I'm doubting it at this point until I see it myself.

I think the things I was reading was by people who just might not know the difference between a heel hook (in the game) and an ankle lock. (not in the game)

Same with the rare calf slicer that the heel hook transitions to; I can why someone might say that is a knee bar.
Old 12-15-2023, 01:33 PM   #4
Rookie

Neither of these submissions are in the game. Assumedly because of the new TBS system, there were some rare submissions (kneebars, windshield chokes, bulldog chokes, etc) that weren't added because they would've have had to be given completely unique positions, transitions, and animations within the system. Hopefully they'll be added with time but as of now they aren't in the game.
Old 12-15-2023, 03:06 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmbjj
I'm pretty sure we would've seen random gameplay footage by now IF they truly were in the game.

I'm doubting it at this point until I see it myself.

I think the things I was reading was by people who just might not know the difference between a heel hook (in the game) and an ankle lock. (not in the game)

Same with the rare calf slicer that the heel hook transitions to; I can why someone might say that is a knee bar.
You're right in the sense that ankle locks are definitely gone, I know they didn't get carried over. Leg locks are definitely in the game, those are easy to pull off

I just did some research an apparently the only way for heel hooks to show is the person needs to be stunned while entering stacked guard. So not just moving to stacked guard, they need to be stunned too

So that would explain why nobody seems to be really using them, they require a very specific situation where they'll actually show

Top comment on this thread outlines how this guy has gotten them to show more consistently, but seems only useful to career, as I don't even know what fighters have a heel hook assigned.

Overall, seems like they just implemented heel hooks poorly

EDIT: And yeah, kneebars and ankles locks are gone, along with a slew of other submissions:

Kneebar

Peruvian necktie

Japanese necktie

Omoplata

Gogoplata

Americana

Twister

Winshield choke

North-south choke

Bulldog choke

Anaconda choke

Inverted triangle

And these are just on the top of my head
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2023, 01:51 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakywwe
You're right in the sense that ankle locks are definitely gone, I know they didn't get carried over. Leg locks are definitely in the game, those are easy to pull off

I just did some research an apparently the only way for heel hooks to show is the person needs to be stunned while entering stacked guard. So not just moving to stacked guard, they need to be stunned too

So that would explain why nobody seems to be really using them, they require a very specific situation where they'll actually show

Top comment on this thread outlines how this guy has gotten them to show more consistently, but seems only useful to career, as I don't even know what fighters have a heel hook assigned.

Overall, seems like they just implemented heel hooks poorly

EDIT: And yeah, kneebars and ankles locks are gone, along with a slew of other submissions:

Kneebar

Peruvian necktie

Japanese necktie

Omoplata

Gogoplata

Americana

Twister

Winshield choke

North-south choke

Bulldog choke

Anaconda choke

Inverted triangle

And these are just on the top of my head
For a little clarity, since it DOES get confusing...

Almost every BJJ fighter has heel hooks, which are always available, given the position.

Most are from top half guard, but some of the better guys might have it from being mounted, IN full guard, and even bottom side control.

Even more so some have it from stacked guard.

But it sounds like you discovered some only being available from when someone is rocked. Interesting.

Brings up another thing I miss.....flash submissions and the ability to jump on a quick one when the opponent is rocked.

Can't forget, a lot of fights are finished when someone decides to close the show with a quick sub rather than follow up GnP.

Nate vs Conner for example.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »