Home

Changing defensive matchups

This is a discussion on Changing defensive matchups within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-15-2023, 12:45 AM   #1
MVP

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9
Changing defensive matchups

How do I change defensive matchups? My point guard can not be matched up on Luka. Is there a way to do it in coach settings? Can I also do it via in-gameplay menus?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2023, 12:49 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Changing defensive matchups

In defensive settings once the game has started, you can assign a specific.player to guard Luka (or any opponent) and they will guard him whenever both are in the game.
Old 12-15-2023, 01:05 AM   #3
MVP

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9

Can I do it on the fly?
Old 12-15-2023, 03:42 PM   #4
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdez
In defensive settings once the game has started, you can assign a specific.player to guard Luka (or any opponent) and they will guard him whenever both are in the game.

You can do it before the game as well under coach game plans where you set your rotation. Instead of choosing the NBA logo as your default game plan. Go to the team you’re about to face and you can make all your defensive settings before the game even starts.
Old 12-17-2023, 10:25 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpq12
Can I do it on the fly?
Yes. On PS5 it's L1, tap the icon of the player whose matchup you want to switch, then a window pops up with the defensive matchup you want for that player. You can only do this when you're on defense. But it takes so much time to do this, you're usually just better off using a timeout or doing it in the pause menu.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2023, 04:53 AM   #6
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb0622
Yes. On PS5 it's L1, tap the icon of the player whose matchup you want to switch, then a window pops up with the defensive matchup you want for that player. You can only do this when you're on defense. But it takes so much time to do this, you're usually just better off using a timeout or doing it in the pause menu.
i dont know why they changed this at some point. few years back, you could change a matchup on the fly or in the pause menu and the change would instantly come into effect. then with one patch or one game iteration they changed it, so that it will take multiple possessions or the next timeout for a change to come into effect. doesnt make any sense. even we, playing in the 2nd lowest german basketball division, are capable of switching matchups on an instant.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »