Home

The roster for this game is underwhelming.

This is a discussion on The roster for this game is underwhelming. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-14-2023, 03:43 PM   #1
Rookie

RoyalKrimpet's Arena

OVR: 0
The roster for this game is underwhelming.

I understand that the Fighter Models are expensive to make and all, but for this to be the 1st game on current gen and have roster this outdated is ridiculous.

I get including former champs like Pettis, Alvarez, Hendricks, Woodley, & Mighty Mouse. Even though all of those models are from the 1st UFC game from way back in 2014.

But Gohkan Saki has been gone from the UFC since 2018. Then you have other fighters like Yancy Meideros, Thomas Almeida, Paige VanZant,, etc that have been gone from the promotion since before UFC 4 came out and are still in this game.

Mike Perry, Jimmie Rivera, & John Dodson are all in the BKFC.

Meanwhile, we are bunch of girls & guys who have been RANKED for years and are missing for whatever reason.

Off the top my head:

Male Fighters Missing:

Jalton Almeida (HW)
Blagoy Imanov (HW)
Alex Romanov (HW)

Alonzo Menifield (LHW)

Sean Brady (WW)

Gregor Gillespie (LW)
Cliff Curtis (MW)
Nate Landwehr (LW)
Mohammed Usman (HW)
Bryan Battle (MW)
Ricky Turcios

Female Fighters Missing:

Maycee Barber (FLW)
Marina Rodriguez (SW)
Virna Jandiroba (SW)
Mayra Bueno Silva (BW)
Yana Santos (fmr Kunitsaya) (BW)
Loopy Godinez (SW)
Tabatha Ricci
Norma Dumont (BW)
Macy Chiasson (BW)

Now they patch fighters in, but this why many people? and why weren't some of them included from the start?

Hopefully this changes in the future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2023, 03:58 PM   #2
Pro

Re: The roster for this game is underwhelming.

Because they kept updating UFC 4's roster until like 6 months before this game came out. Was pretty clear back then that we would just be getting the same roster from UFC 4

Which, you know, thanks I guess for keeping UFC 4 updated, but I would've much preferred they stopped adding fighters into that game like a year, year and half ago, and just focused on expanding the roster for UFC 5
Old 12-14-2023, 06:43 PM   #3
Rookie

RoyalKrimpet's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakywwe
Because they kept updating UFC 4's roster until like 6 months before this game came out. Was pretty clear back then that we would just be getting the same roster from UFC 4

Which, you know, thanks I guess for keeping UFC 4 updated, but I would've much preferred they stopped adding fighters into that game like a year, year and half ago, and just focused on expanding the roster for UFC 5

I mean I hate to keep bringing up the past. But if you look at the old UFC Undisputed series. The roster was so ahead of the curve that it kept the replay value up for years afterwards.

Take UFC Undisputed 2 that came out in 2010 for example. It had Jon Jones when he only had 4 fights in the promotion, all of the TUF Winners up until that point, and lower card at the time like Mostapha Al-Turk.

Undisputed 3 had Pride FC mode with the Pride Era versions of the guys that fought there. That was back in 2012!!

Why are we still waiting for this series to add Japanese/Vale Tudo rules in going to 2024 is crazy.

Not guys who have been gone from the promotion for years.
Old 12-14-2023, 08:08 PM   #4
Rookie

So you want everything at once and then what do you have to wait for in anticipation,just be patient all the top dogs are in the game anyway.
Old 12-18-2023, 02:41 AM   #5
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalKrimpet
I mean I hate to keep bringing up the past. But if you look at the old UFC Undisputed series. The roster was so ahead of the curve that it kept the replay value up for years afterwards.

Take UFC Undisputed 2 that came out in 2010 for example. It had Jon Jones when he only had 4 fights in the promotion, all of the TUF Winners up until that point, and lower card at the time like Mostapha Al-Turk.

Undisputed 3 had Pride FC mode with the Pride Era versions of the guys that fought there. That was back in 2012!!

Why are we still waiting for this series to add Japanese/Vale Tudo rules in going to 2024 is crazy.

Not guys who have been gone from the promotion for years.
You want to know why? Because this game has a niche audience and will never sell enough copies for EA to justify spending more than the equivalent of a used ford fiesta on gameplay development. We are 5 iterations into EA having the UFC license and it basically the same game modes as UFC 2 which came out almost 8 years ago. Game has zero replayability outside of playing a bunch of games online against human opponents.

I know the devs really do care about the product they are putting out and I truly feel sorry for them. EA is a corporation with zero passion for making games. You could just tell by the attention to detail that THQ put into there games how much they cared about giving us a realistic representation of the sport. Even theirWWE games were better than what 2k has been putting out. EA is a soulless organization who would rather save a dollar than actually let its development teams try and do something great

Last edited by Therebelyell626; 12-18-2023 at 02:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »