Home

Multiple Announce Teams Coming to Madden (Per Charles Davis)

This is a discussion on Multiple Announce Teams Coming to Madden (Per Charles Davis) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-12-2023, 03:56 PM   #1
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11
Multiple Announce Teams Coming to Madden (Per Charles Davis)

Guys, I've been out of the Madden 24/25 news cycle loop for a bit, so I don't know if this is already known (or rumored) or if this is completely new information. But I watch a show called "The Ultimate Cleveland Sports Show" everyday for Browns news, and they brought on Charles Davis for an interview today.

They talked a good bit about his time with the Madden franchise and then he said the following about the announcing in Madden moving forward:

"They're going to expand...I don't know if you've seen it or heard it yet...there's going to be multiple announce teams going forward. So that gives you an opportunity to change up who you're listening to."

He didn't expand much further. Here's the link to watch here (the clip I'm referring to begins at roughly the 7:55 mark):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDuJQ8oZQgA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2023, 09:09 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Multiple Announce Teams Coming to Madden (Per Charles Davis)

Finally. I figure it has been difficult for the devs to fully focus on some of the "peripheral" aspects of the game judging from past years. It makes sense that now that the 'on field play' is extremely solid (I'd give actual game play a B + to A - ), it appears that going forward they can zero in on the presentation aspects. These guys are about to knock Madden 25 as well as College Football out of THEE park next year guaranteed!
Old 12-12-2023, 09:40 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

Finally!! More presentation features, hopefully more! Would love to see it get back to at least Madden 19 in terms of Presentation
Old 12-12-2023, 09:47 PM   #4
Rookie

Much needed regarding multiple announcing teams. I agree with the prior comments that presentation and immersion need a big leap next year. Why they eliminated presentation aspects such as the pre-game flyovers, Super Fans in the crowd, Next Gen Stats, and players leaping into the stands is beyond comprehension on a next gen console. All of that should just be the bare bones basics in 2023.

Madden also needs to finally put in an adequate halftime presentation for not only Play Now mode, but especially Franchise mode. In Franchise they need to include in-game highlights with the scores of the games. 2K5 did it, so there is no excuse Madden 25 not have a decent halftime presentation. It's crazy to think this is where we are with the state of NFL gaming presentation 20 years later!!

On another thread I also made mention of having multiple end zone art design packages. With the way NFL teams change their end zones on seemingly a week-by-week basis, Madden needs to give gamers the ability to choose the end zone design they play their games on. This will also mean the inclusion of retro uniforms (i.e. 90s Bills and Broncos white unis) that aren't in the game. Don't go there either that the NFL is prohibiting the Madden team from including retro end zone designs.

Last edited by ricket; 12-12-2023 at 09:50 PM.
Old 12-12-2023, 09:50 PM   #5
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricket
Much needed regarding multiple announcing teams. I agree with the prior comments that presentation and immersion need a big leap next year. Why they eliminated presentation aspects such as the pre-game flyovers, Super Fans in the crowd, Next Gen Stats, and players leaping into the stands is beyond comprehension on a next gen console. All of that should just be the bare bones basics in 2023.
Didn't EA Sports specifically say this past summer that lots of the post-play animations had to be cut because they were incompatible with the new Sapien character skeletons and had to be rebuilt?

I seem to recall a reasonable technical explanation as to why those animations aren't in this year's game, specifically around the removal of the Lambeau Leap.

On-topic, assuming what Charles Davis is saying is accurate, it will be good to see Madden finally catch up to EA Sports FC and NBA 2K in the broadcast audio facet of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2023, 11:02 PM   #6
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Finally. I figure it has been difficult for the devs to fully focus on some of the "peripheral" aspects of the game judging from past years. It makes sense that now that the 'on field play' is extremely solid (I'd give actual game play a B + to A - ), it appears that going forward they can zero in on the presentation aspects. These guys are about to knock Madden 25 as well as College Football out of THEE park next year guaranteed!
Somehow I doubt that.

Every year is "heading in the right direction", but if the college development team nails the overall atmosphere for every team in next year's game, Madden won't stand a chance. I say that as I expect gameplay will be nearly as polished.

Maddens atmosphere has been lacking for over a decade, while NCAA 14 captured it better, heck so did 2k5 and STILL does.

Sent from my SM-F946U using Operation Sports mobile app
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 12-13-2023, 02:33 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic
Somehow I doubt that.

Every year is "heading in the right direction", but if the college development team nails the overall atmosphere for every team in next year's game, Madden won't stand a chance. I say that as I expect gameplay will be nearly as polished.

Maddens atmosphere has been lacking for over a decade, while NCAA 14 captured it better, heck so did 2k5 and STILL does.

Sent from my SM-F946U using Operation Sports mobile app
I wouldn’t get my hopes up about NCAA. Everyone seems to be thinking it’s going to be just like the old games, but it’s realistically going to be much more like Madden with college teams. Using Madden as a base is much easier for them then starting completely from scratch.
Old 12-13-2023, 02:42 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Guys, I've been out of the Madden 24/25 news cycle loop for a bit, so I don't know if this is already known (or rumored) or if this is completely new information. But I watch a show called "The Ultimate Cleveland Sports Show" everyday for Browns news, and they brought on Charles Davis for an interview today.

They talked a good bit about his time with the Madden franchise and then he said the following about the announcing in Madden moving forward:

"They're going to expand...I don't know if you've seen it or heard it yet...there's going to be multiple announce teams going forward. So that gives you an opportunity to change up who you're listening to."

He didn't expand much further. Here's the link to watch here (the clip I'm referring to begins at roughly the 7:55 mark):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDuJQ8oZQgA
This is a dream come true for this series and im extremely happy for the future. One of the biggest keys for me is that while i would be very happy with a legendary commentary team of Nantz and Romo or Michaels and Herbstreit, i would actually prefer they go and get some lesser known commentators like Spero Dedes and Adam Archuleta.

As Charles Davis said in the interview those legendary guys are more than likely too busy to update commentary on the game every week like madden currently does, So i think having lesser known people would be much more feasible for the future of presentation in the series.

Another big aspect for me is to have the TV graphics change with each team to make it feel different when playing and listening to each commentary team. It could be just as simple as the scoreboard being blue for NFC games with Gaudin and Davis and Red for AFC games with Dedes and Archuleta. Anything like that would be FANTASTIC for the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »