Home

Old 12-08-2023, 09:03 AM   #1
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11
BLADE

Very excited to see the Daywalker coming to videogames! appears to be an Xbox exclusive but that's not confirmed. I like the studio that's working on the game, enjoyed Deathloop and Dishonored, so it appears the game is in good hands.

Last edited by WaddupCouzin; 12-08-2023 at 09:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2023, 12:03 PM   #2
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: BLADE

The trailer was cool. But I'm going to need more
Old 12-25-2023, 11:17 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Saw somewhere that they are targeting 2027 via the Xbox reset podcast with Jeff Grubb. Of that's the case, I rather these gaming companies announce games when they are at maximum 2 years. I just don't care to hear about games that are 4+ years away when we have to wait multiple years to hear substantial information about it. It's one thing with a game like Hellblade 2 because it was used to show power of Series X, but a lot of the games in the Xbox 2020 Gamepass summer show were shown 4 years before release.

I rather start hearing about a game 12-16 months before release, that way we're not going years in between info releases.
Old 12-25-2023, 12:07 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Saw somewhere that they are targeting 2027 via the Xbox reset podcast with Jeff Grubb. Of that's the case, I rather these gaming companies announce games when they are at maximum 2 years. I just don't care to hear about games that are 4+ years away when we have to wait multiple years to hear substantial information about it. It's one thing with a game like Hellblade 2 because it was used to show power of Series X, but a lot of the games in the Xbox 2020 Gamepass summer show were shown 4 years before release.

I rather start hearing about a game 12-16 months before release, that way we're not going years in between info releases.

Marvel's Blade was announced early for a few reasons, first and foremost Disney/Marvel wanted it to be announced especially since they have a new Blade movie due out in 2024 if I remember correctly. Second, Dinga is literally super hyped about developing the game as the studio head of Arkane Lyon and wanted to announce it so it worked out perfectly. And finally, people knew about the game a week before TGA and if they would have waited any longer, it would have been leaked so better to announce it early than see it get leaked.

As for the Xbox Games Showcase 2020 which saw Microsoft reveal Forza Motorsport, Fable, State of Decay 3 and Avowed, they had to because coming off Xbox One where they only had 5 studios, going into Xbox Series, they had 13 studios and needed to show that yes, we have games in development even though they're years away. Imagine how bad that showcase would have been if they didn't reveal any games that were in development.

Also, Sony does the same thing as does Nintendo and third party companies. It's not just to make a "big" reveal, it's for various other reasons, one of which is so the studio can hire people to work on the game and don't have to worry about keeping it a secret.

I prefer two year windows from reveal to release but I do like knowing the roadmap. Marvel's Wolverine was revealed in September 2021 and isn't scheduled to release until Fall 2026. Sometimes, you have to reveal the game for various reasons so while I agree the waiting sucks, I understand it from a business/hiring/partner perspective.
Old 12-26-2023, 04:01 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

The trailer looks very cool, can't wait to try it.

Last edited by lounayong; 01-04-2024 at 12:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »