Home

Any point in playing?

This is a discussion on Any point in playing? within the Madden Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-29-2023, 09:08 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Any point in playing?

I’ve basically done franchise play and some online. At this point in the season, is there any reason to do MUT? My team will be trashy for a while, so I wouldn’t be able to compete online. Does that mean I would just do challenges and solos? Is there a way to do a franchise in MUT and get stats or is it strictly for online head to head games? Don’t want to waste time if I’m just building a team for nothing and everyone has 90+ rated teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2023, 06:37 AM   #2
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Any point in playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedemon1999
I’ve basically done franchise play and some online. At this point in the season, is there any reason to do MUT? My team will be trashy for a while, so I wouldn’t be able to compete online. Does that mean I would just do challenges and solos? Is there a way to do a franchise in MUT and get stats or is it strictly for online head to head games? Don’t want to waste time if I’m just building a team for nothing and everyone has 90+ rated teams.
Unfortunately, due to franchise mode being what it is I am now a 4-year MUT veteran. You can play solo battles which are full games against the CPU, but it gets old after a while, but you do get rewards to upgrade your team albeit slowly. Solo challenges are a good way to get some coins and players but again it becomes mind numbingly boring. EA is smart they set it up this way so we will get bored and spend real money trying to get high rated players through buying card packs. If you are going to spend real money, give yourself a budget, stick to it, and only buy the deal packs. Packs that you can get for 2800 points or $25.00. These deal packs usually have 4 or more guaranteed top players which you can add to your team or sell in the auction house and use the coins to get the players you want. They also have starter packs which will give you a full team of players good enough to be competitive.

At this point, Dec 2nd, 2023, most head-to-head teams are rated around 88 to 92 overall. So, if you are decent at the game, you can beat a lot of these guys with a mid 80's team and if you stop them on their first drive, they will 90% of the time quit the game. I've played over 500 head-to-head games. Maybe 30 of them made it to the 4th quarter.

If you're going to play MUT, do the solo stuff, battles and challenges. accumulate coins and wait it out. EA releases higher rated player cards every week, so the players from the previous week drop in price on the auction house. Let's say this week for example they released Team Diamonds, all players are a 92 overall. They are currently selling on the auction house for 400,000 coins up to over one million coins but in two weeks newer players will be released and the price of the older ones will plummet, and you can grab them for a fraction of the coins they once were.

I work the auction house, it's the best way to build your team without spending real money.

Ok after giving you all that info I'll say this, and this is from a 4-year MUT player that got sucked in year one and spent over $500.00 on the game mode. Fortunately, I learned my lesson that first year and haven't spent real cash on it since.

MUT is a world of trash. It's nothing but a huge money grab for EA. You will be competing against the worst type of players; they will use every exploit they can find on You Tube to win. They will onside kick every time, they will go for 2 every time, and 98% of them will have a speed QB and will scramble all over the field, and the game will not come close to resembling a real football game. Go on You Tube and watch one of the competitive Madden games between the "top" competitive players. You will see them audible several times every play when on offense, they do this based on the defense they see because the games coverage is broken, and they can always get a guy wide open for a big play. At this point the only reason I still play is because I'm and older guy and it gives me joy to beat these clowns that have destroyed the only choice of a football game we have.

So in conclusion, I don't recommend MUT.

Last edited by JMD; 12-05-2023 at 05:32 AM.
Old 12-09-2023, 10:12 AM   #3
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedemon1999
MUT doesn't offer much. Any type of online match up with someone devolves into nonsense.

For starters there will be 1 to 2 gratuitous kick return TDs that feel like a scripted random event that you either benefit from or get burned by.

2-4 pick 6s a game,

4th and long mean nothing as converting feels like an 80% guarantee even if it's 4th and 25...

2 pt conversions and onside kicks are rewarded with a high success rate as well.

99% of the games you are winning end in a rage quit. Once you go up by 2 scores and your opponent turns it over they bail.

It's arcade garbage. It would be so cool to play a real football game against someone online.
Old 02-16-2024, 06:26 PM   #4
Rookie

Totally agree. Don't see much point to MUT anymore. Was sorta fun at first, but quickly devolves into a grindy cheese-fest that resets every year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team »