Home

Old 11-18-2023, 04:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 11
Is it worth it

I'm a big Madden 05 guy and still play on the PS2 using a franchise and the manifesto to make the gameplay and everything great. The PC version this year looks great and all of the work that modders have done makes it that much better. For a 40-year-old guy that has a kid and maybe an hour at most a few days a week, is it worth getting for the PC? Thanks in advance!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2023, 07:25 PM   #2
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is it worth it

PC with mods is the only way to Madden. You won't believe the effort the community puts in, or the results.

24 is a really solid game. Still has a long way to go to be great, but its solid. Gameplay really took a step forward. The visuals are amazing.

Whether upgrading is worth it for you, in your circumstance... probably depends on whether you have a decent gaming CPU. 24 won't run on a low level machine.

Uploading the mods isn't a picnic. You'll have to load and re-load whenever there is an update. Its a huge headache.

Thats my $0.02
Old 11-22-2023, 11:12 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I didn't even consider purchasing '24 until Sabo's mods were available for it, as his mods turn Madden into what it should be and/or addresses things EA has no interest in. Totally worth it.
Old 11-28-2023, 06:40 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco4434
I'm a big Madden 05 guy and still play on the PS2 using a franchise and the manifesto to make the gameplay and everything great. The PC version this year looks great and all of the work that modders have done makes it that much better. For a 40-year-old guy that has a kid and maybe an hour at most a few days a week, is it worth getting for the PC? Thanks in advance!!
The Sabo mods 100% make it worthwhile.

I assume you already own a PC? If so then go for it. Sabo actually updates the Editor and Mod Manager after each EA update so running it is not that difficult. Plus there is a good community on Discord to help with any issues you have with the mods.

Biggest tip I can give you is tell MS Defender to make an exception for each folder on your C drive with a mod application i.e. Sparky and ModManager.
Old 11-28-2023, 12:32 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Bronco
The Sabo mods 100% make it worthwhile.

I assume you already own a PC? If so then go for it. Sabo actually updates the Editor and Mod Manager after each EA update so running it is not that difficult. Plus there is a good community on Discord to help with any issues you have with the mods.

Biggest tip I can give you is tell MS Defender to make an exception for each folder on your C drive with a mod application i.e. Sparky and ModManager.
I couldn't agree more!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »