Home

Finding a medium

This is a discussion on Finding a medium within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-12-2023, 06:41 PM   #1
Rookie

MannybeingManny's Arena

OVR: 1
Finding a medium

I was a little late to this year’s version of the show. I purchased it about two months ago. I started using all star for both hitting and pitching as I usually do. It was far easier than the last few years had been. I was just dominating even though my offense wasn’t exactly the greatest but my pitching was ridiculously easy. So I thought I’d try all star plus for the first time seeing is I’ve played on HOF before and although I’m competitive it’s just not the experience I’m looking for. I found that all star plus wasn’t any more difficult pitching wise but my offense became dreadful. So much so that I was 28th in runs scored and first in runs allowed. You wouldn’t think “Half “ a level would make that much of a difference but it was pretty dramatic. I seemed like I was early on every thing. I thought about increasing my pitch speed but that doesn’t affect the computer’s offense. I thought about increasing the contact for both but I said I wasn’t going to mess with sliders this year. I’ve thought about going to all star for hitting and HOF for pitching but I’ve heard stories of how using different difficulty’s for your pitching and hitting can affect your performance. Not sure how valid that is. I’ll say this I’ve never struggled with what difficulty I was going to play on before. Sometimes I struggle with slider sets but that hasn’t really been the issue. I’m not giving up on this game or this season yet because I’ve never done that before. But this is starting to turn into the season that never was. Any pointers would be appreciated!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2023, 07:46 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Finding a medium

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannybeingManny
I found that all star plus wasn’t any more difficult pitching wise but my offense became dreadful…

I’ve thought about going to all star for hitting and HOF for pitching but I’ve heard stories of how using different difficulty’s for your pitching and hitting can affect your performance. Not sure how valid that is.
It’s not valid at all if that’s someone else’s experience. I use different difficulties on each side in 23. Some years I’ve used Dynamic, it just depends. Don’t worry about “stories” and find what works for you. That’s why the developers gave you all those options in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2023, 11:35 PM   #3
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

If your offense was fine (or "not the greatest") on All-Star, why move that one up? Just keep that on All-Star. I personally hit on All-Star and pitch on Legend.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2023, 11:38 PM   #4
Pro

I_HATE_THAT_DUDE's Arena

OVR: 4

I use HOF pitching and all-star hitting. I'll have a stretch where I lose 5 or 6 series and split 4 games sets (that to me counts in the losing streaks) my offense too isn't that great but it isn't easy either. For example I'm first in power and probably top 10 in average (I'd have to look at that ranking) but power I know I'm first..I play with ATL so the power isn't that far off from reality so I'm cool with that. I've always used HOF pitching bc I don't want to make it too easy that way. I think the AI hitters approach using the HOF difficulty and pitch that way too ...anyway I'll go through highs and lows and it's a competitive balance I can accept and have fun with.

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2023, 09:30 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

All Star+ hitting has been a struggle, I may go back to All Star.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2023, 10:30 AM   #6
Pro

I_HATE_THAT_DUDE's Arena

OVR: 4

I've never noticed all star + just all-star...I'll have to look again but u. Having tough stretches and then I'll break through for a few series or weeks like I posted before. It can be frustrating when you do go through the rough times but what gets me out of a bad run is working better at bats...if you (I) get in A bad run it's 100% bc of poor at-bat outs with-in 3 pitches. When I get hot I know I'm deep in counts. This probably applies to even the higher difficulty levels.

Old 11-13-2023, 10:35 AM   #7
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_HATE_THAT_DUDE
I've never noticed all star + just all-star...I'll have to look again but u. Having tough stretches and then I'll break through for a few series or weeks like I posted before. It can be frustrating when you do go through the rough times but what gets me out of a bad run is working better at bats...if you (I) get in A bad run it's 100% bc of poor at-bat outs with-in 3 pitches. When I get hot I know I'm deep in counts. This probably applies to even the higher difficulty levels.

This is true. The game rewards you for working the counts and learning how to battle with 2 strikes. Swinging at every pitching that's in the strike zone builds up the opposing pitcher's confidence, which is recipe for punchless offense.
Old 11-13-2023, 12:27 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yes I learned not to be afraid of getting behind in the count. Unless I have two strikes, if the pitch is a strike but I can't do anything with it then I just spit on it and wait for the next one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »