Home

EA UFC 5 Alter Egos

This is a discussion on EA UFC 5 Alter Egos within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-07-2023, 07:53 PM   #1
MVP

Yaari's Arena

OVR: 0
EA UFC 5 Alter Egos

Today they have added the first Sean O'Malley Alter Ego which seems to be obtainable for free, but you will probably only have enough currency if you did not miss a day.

If another one follows shortly after then you're likely to not have enough currency. Sincethey were planning multiple a month, I do not think the free option of obtaining these will be sustainable and if anyone wants to keep up with it, will have to resort to paying.

Considering the roster is a downgrade compared to the last game, and we have to wait until December for even the first new character to drop.

Isn't it pretty messed up to paywall the only fun new roster content they're sitting on? The game hasn't even been out for a month yet. We're straight up using the same characters as the last game every time we play.

Last edited by Yaari; 11-07-2023 at 08:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2023, 08:34 PM   #2
Pro

Re: EA UFC 5 Alter Egos

Yeah I was annoyed by this. So unless I’m playing all the fight contracts I won’t have enough coins to get the alter egos? Unless I pay? Am I understanding that correctly?
Old 11-07-2023, 08:51 PM   #3
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

This stuff coming out before a patch fixing bugs and balancing gameplay is an absolutely terrible look. EA WRC got a major patch out already and just came out a week ago.
Old 11-07-2023, 08:54 PM   #4
MVP

I understand folks wanting a "prime" version of an aging or retired fighter.

But they are creating alter egos of fighters that are in theory, worse than their current version.

Then they charge you money for it.

I don't get it.

They've got what should be fat Volk, unseasoned Valentina, Jones before he knew how to strike, Leon before he could grapple, O'Malley before he leveled up. Pereira is the only that almost makes sense.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2023, 04:08 AM   #5
Pro

It's just a skin, people. Some do have alternative hair, like Jones, so that's good. Adding locked content is something I always frown upon, as you're imposing your content on all players to scroll through without them being usable.

Question: where do you find out what the updates do? I looked on facebook and twitter and their official site, but there's no news anywhere that this alter ego got added. He just appears on the website when you click on alter egos. At least when new fighters were added in 4, we got a message.

Last edited by Blackman316; 11-08-2023 at 04:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM   #6
Rookie

I think it is a combination of factors. One part is that the way how to get coins is very slow and tedious. The amount of coins and XP received is quite low and in stead of receiving coins after each fight, you only receive coins after leveling up your punch card or doing the fight week fights. Both only are limited in the total amount of coins that you are able to receive.
In addition, the price of items in the store is waaaaay to expensive.

Finally, the lack of updates to the game, while asking a new AAA game price, has soured the good will of EA to a new record low. The free updates that are coming (2 months after release) take a long time, but content updates that should be free, can be made available fast but you need to pay / grind your way through.

How come EA does not see that this is the worst way to continue
Old 11-08-2023, 10:18 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman316
It's just a skin, people. Some do have alternative hair, like Jones, so that's good. Adding locked content is something I always frown upon, as you're imposing your content on all players to scroll through without them being usable.

Question: where do you find out what the updates do? I looked on facebook and twitter and their official site, but there's no news anywhere that this alter ego got added. He just appears on the website when you click on alter egos. At least when new fighters were added in 4, we got a message.
It's not just a skin. The stats are changed between all the alter egos. Jones current form is a four and a half star and his alter ego is a significantly worse 4 star version
Old 11-08-2023, 05:39 PM   #8
MVP

Trillz's Arena

I just Bought Alex perieria alter ego and it took my money and i never got Alex periera?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »